(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 233.
#701 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I didn't know anything then either, but it didn't feel like work smacking the ball around to start or do something. The shots were fast and not hidden in horseshoes when made. Mostly I just remember hearing "shoot the wamps to light battle" and "shoot the scoop", which was enough to start something dynamically different. The game was/is complicated, but FUN. And now we have the complaint that all bad shots still progress stuff so you're never really punished on Godzilla. Can't please everyone. I never said Scooby was bad, just my opinion that it wasn't very fun and felt unclear. After reading some more here, it's more clear and hopefully that will make it more fun whenever I can play again. I'll try harder to be less bad at Scooby, I swear!

Not sure how loud it was there, but Scooby tells you what to do all the time. If anything he tells me to shoot the Mystery Machine too often! Every mode has clear instructions on the screen before starting, and the ball even has enough of a delay to let you read it if you let it. It honestly communicates most things to the player better than most games do in my opinion. I found it way more clear in my first couple plays to figure out than Godzilla or most other modern games. A few things could be clearer, but I’m sure they will get fleshed out with code updates too.

Captain Cutler multiball though…that I found hard to figure out. I thought I could just bash away at him, but you have to hit each arm target, the orbit, and the head twice each in the same ball. Now that I know that, the lights make it pretty clear, but I honestly had to ask before I figured it out. It doesn’t help that my left arm target is almost impossible to shoot directly. Super fun mode once you get it going though!

I truly hope you find more enjoyment in it once you get to try it again, fully working and in a less difficult setup. But not every machine clicks with everyone, and that’s ok. Sorry if my initial reaction to your post came off as overly defensive. I’m glad you are willing to give it a second chance. It’s worth it!

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Been there since Saturday. Rep said I probably will be able to get it on the 1st when it was scheduled to be delivered and that’s when my daughters brain surgery is

Best wishes for a full recovery for your daughter... we lost our son to brain cancer last year...
Hoping for the best outcome for your family .

#703 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

AFM95 Aw man, I only said I'm an average player. Maybe I am below average! After 10 minutes (not 10 games) on Godzilla at Tilt Oct 2021, I put an order down for one without hesitation. Probably unfair to compare 1st impression Godzilla to Scooby though. And definitely not a Stern buttlicker. They treat their customers like dog lately and cheap out anywhere they can get away. Canceled my EHOH order and glad I did.

I respect your honest feedback, especially if it goes against the grain of popular opinion. Plus we all know how most Minnesotan’s try to tip toe around controversy. Even more respect.

For me, it’s hard to truly judge a game at an operator location because they typically don’t want long ball times ($$$), it’s extremely hard to hear anything, and typically you can’t play more than a few games in a row because others are waiting to jump in (unless you’re a dick of course).

#704 1 year ago

You’ve got me kind of confused here… You post a few days ago, implying you are an operator and can’t wait to get the game:

Quoted from rue_:

We are supposedly in the early 100's through Pinstar. Hoping to be the first in Montana to get one on location.

And then after one person’s write up… You want to back out? By all accounts, people are lining up to play the thing… I mean, a guy who didn’t like it played ten games on it…

Quoted from rue_:

I feel like backing out on buying now. It's a shame cause I feel the same about Rick N Morty, it's got great call outs and whatever but actual play sucks.

Some of the greatest games of all time have crappy reviews… Medieval Madness has people that don’t like it… Godzilla (gasp) has people that don’t like it…
The game play video convinced me, and no ones write up is going to dissuade me. This is my first NIB Spooky in a 20+ pin collection with a lot of A titles. This is going to be a good game, and I am just not sure what you saw in six days that changed your mind?

#705 1 year ago

Jediturtle I could hear the callouts pretty well since I went early enough, and did hear A LOT of shoot the Mystery Machine. And learning a Cutler switch was closed that day, maybe I would have started Cutler Multiball eventually because I could stay up there and hit those shots but one never did change how the insert was lit. And it's all good on if you came off defensive. We all want to defend our opinions or justify expensive purchases being the right call! I bought a barely used car in October and already was kicking myself that the similar model is still on the lot for $5000 less a few months later.

AFM95 I really debated for 24 hours if I should post my thoughts, in true Minnesotan fashion. I don't post much because I don't want to get stomped down on like many do for having an unpopular opinion or being buttholes but thought I had a fair opinion I could defend that someone might want to read. It is hard to judge on location, but Tilt's games always play great (if sometimes hard), and I went first thing so I could hear and focus on the game before the DJ party started and my brain liquifies to the power of dope beats. I will give Scooby another earnest chance!

#706 1 year ago

Yeah I enjoy my Halloween and as most know it gets a lot of heat. That code has come along nicely but totally understand it's not everyone's game.

I didn't expect to not see any negative reviews or opinions. I played Godzilla at a show before mine arrived but had already bought one. Honestly wasn't blown away but I couldn't hear well and had a number of beers too. At home...its amazing. My mood and environment play a solid role.

#707 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I don't post much because I don't want to get stomped down on like many do for having an unpopular opinion or being buttholes but thought I had a fair opinion I could defend that someone might want to read

I liked your write up. Not every game is for everybody. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't dig TZ. I've owned three of them, and they end up going away every time. I just think it's funny how one opinion now has some folks questioning life. I mean, what did they see before that now all of a sudden, they don't? If I posted my opinion on TZ, I wouldn't expect I am going to convince someone not to get it?

#708 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

I liked your write up. Not every game is for everybody. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't dig TZ. I've owned three of them, and they end up going away every time. I just think it's funny how one opinion now has some folks questioning life. I mean, what did they see before that now all of a sudden, they don't? If I posted my opinion on TZ, I wouldn't expect I am going to convince someone not to get it?

BallLocks Maybe it was how I wrote it that got people thinking? I tried to be detailed with issues, opinions, and thoughts on how to address them without being too polarizing. If I said, "I didn't know what to shoot, nothing cool happened, and the game played like shit. Enjoy your overpriced box of ass, SCOOBY DOUCHE!!!"

I'll try that next time for a proper Pinside response.

#709 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

That would only happen if you drop the Minnesota Nice!

#710 1 year ago

Keep in mind @balkeboy, you are prodding and poking the game, with code as it is at launch. Which is all you can do. However I remind you that the 5 main character modes are missing, wizard mode and all the shineola. The importance of mentioning this is because early code on games tends to feel shallow or uninspired. It isn’t until all pieces are added that the game gels and it begins to feel complete. I expect SD to be a shallower game and that is fine. Best case scenario is for game play to be paced so a player can watch some of the videos. In the same way EHOH, BM66 minor villains and Bond allow one to raise their head and watch parts of the video, often.

I was impressed with Luke’s quick and thorough suggestions for moving posts to increase difficulty as an option to software changes. And that one can see the effects on gameplay from making the changes. That answered my concern and I feel Scooby Doo can and will be enjoyed by novices through competition players.

#711 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

just got notice that #58 will be shipping tomorrow (it just missed going out on the truck today). so to give a timeline
butter/no butter email 2/13
invoice sent 2/18
Shipped 2/28(pending)

Thank you for the update. I'm #60, so hopefully I'll get notice tomorrow that mine is ready so I can head up to Benton for pickup!

#712 1 year ago

SDCE [no butter] #145, final invoice sent this past Saturday (Nitro)

#713 1 year ago

I appreciate your review and like your attitude about giving it another go in the future.

Quoted from BalkeBoy:

jrdjhnson Maybe it was how I wrote it that got people thinking? I tried to be detailed with issues, opinions, and thoughts on how to address them without being too polarizing. If I said, "I didn't know what to shoot, nothing cool happened, and the game played like shit. Enjoy your overpriced box of ass, SCOOBY DOUCHE!!!"

#714 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:But I have no idea how someone can play a 10-12 minute game and only lock one ball and not finish any modes.

Agreed…if you are playing a game produced by Stern! Most sterns you can just doink into stuff which is probably part of their mass appeal.

This is spooky. Which has the boutique, curated, and intentional, je ne sais pa game play…

I guess the guy just never ripped the spinners!

#715 1 year ago

Well said

Quoted from Riefepeters:

Agreed…if you are playing a game produced by Stern! Most sterns you can just doink into stuff which is probably part of their mass appeal.
This is spooky. Which has the boutique, curated, and intentional, je ne sais pa game play…
I guess the guy just never ripped the spinners!

#716 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Does this (ball hitting the glass) actually bother people? I think it's cool when the ball hits the glass on the White Water ramp and even on MM when the trolls slam one against it, surely this happens on The Hobbit too.

I don’t mind when the ball hits the glass it does that on a bunch of my games but it does scare me it’s a really loud sound and I always worry it’s going to shatter and I’ve heard that a shattered pinball glass is a nightmare you do not want to experience.

#717 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Thanks GamerRick for all the feedback! Just making me want THIS game in OUR basement more...have to say that I do enjoy the anticipation though!! All part of the experience. Kind of like a kid waiting for some holiday/birthday gift. Major applause for all the input from everyone that has been able to get to the game. Have a feeling our first experience will be making a 2 hour drive to Southland Lanes in Middleburg Heights in Ohio unless we can drive a little further to NorthEnd Pub in Lafayette, IN. Everyone enjoy!

I’m glad to help with any info I can. I always want to play a pin before I buy it I’ve actually only been able to do that with three of my 14 machines, this being one of them. Our main wish was that we could’ve stayed longer to play more! We just got into the swing of it on the second game and it was popular so we couldn’t keep playing it. I can definitely say anyone that’s a Scooby Doo fan is going to love this machine and be very happy that it was Spooky that made it. Even if you don’t like Scooby-Doo as a theme, I think you’ll still love to shoot this pin. It had a pretty unique layout, a very fun design and is just a very well thought out machine. It does seem there are several spots for ball traps that are going to have to be addressed. I have no reservations at all about the machine though, and I am very excited to get it. I’m number 494 just found out today.

#718 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

This video appears to show the speaker lights working. Was that the case? Thank you. Watching on a phone so video is rather small or perhaps my eyes are just old. Haha.

The speaker lights were definitely working on the machine I played. I liked them.

#719 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I played about 10 games at Tilt on Sunday (that ball stuck by the blue robot was thanks to me!) and was waiting all weekend to get there right at opening to make sure I could get some time on it.
This was the game that ALMOST got me buy NIB without playing one. In the late 90's, I was hired by WB in high school to be a costumed Scooby for Mall-oween promotion of that Zombie Island movie. I have a Scooby and Shaggy costume that we break out when we need funny Halloween costumes in a pinch. I have massive love for Scooby and the gang. All that to say (massive grain of salt)...
This game felt like WORK. Shots were easy enough to hit without being gimmes but still needing some aim. I got to start quite a few different cases (liked the intro videos!) and don't think I completed one? Hit those horseshoes over and over to collect clues or go up to get some more air on the upper playfield over and over. I'm probably an average player, but I was just chopping wood, hardly ever getting anywhere. On my last game, I finally locked ONE ball for mystery machine multiball. ONE BALL on at least a 10-12 minute game and had no idea how I finally qualified a lock. I tried staying up in the upper playfield and wailing away at all the lit Cutler shots and never started that multiball either.
Balls would land on the apron dongs and slowly squirt back to the flippers. I'm sure I'm missing knowledge and learning the rules would make things more likely to happen. It was mostly just hit some shots until I was told to head to the Mystery Machine to start a case, I'd start a case, and then just fart around hitting whatever was lit, hoping to finish it. It wasn't fun or exciting to get more clues. The music didn't ramp up, I never really knew if I was close unless I peaked and saw 5/6 clues on the screen.
That upper playfield is SLOW. It's almost like playing pinball in water (which maybe works for Cutler up there?) Lean into it and put some effects to change the music to sound distorted like you're listening under water or something kooky because I don't think that will change unless you juice up those flippers. Loved the bookshelf catching the ball option.
I never knew why I needed to go for the double drop target rows. I liked the drop ball saver feature. That will be a hit with family and friends.
You just keep hearing that same background song over and over. No variations of it. Even Munsters has a different spin on that same stupid theme for each ball so you don't feel like you're going insane. Could each character have their own theme or spin of that "looking for clues" slow theme plays? Something?
This is a family friendly kids theme. It's a party game with FIVE CHARACTERS. I'd be very into a game like this in my house. But maybe not this game. I know we all want depth and challenge and modes for days so we never tire of these games (like I'm tired of Munsters). But there's no progressive challenge to the game so friends, family, and KIDS can see and do some fun stuff. I watched multiple kids walk up and play many games because it's bright eye candy. Didn't look like they were having much fun, or laughing, or telling their dads what happened. Because nothing happened. Just that slow "dun dun dunnnnnnnn, da da da da da dunnnnnn" over and over with some callouts thrown in (I do love those!)
Could there be some tiered-level of difficulty modes, where the first one or two cases are noob friendly and you can actually clear through them, maybe fumble into a multiball so people can hear that classic Scooby Doo theme song (which will eventually drive the good players nuts like Blue Oyster Cult on Godzilla does)? Maybe your first mystery is one of two or three easier ones to get through and you can be rewarded with a fun multiball, then things get progressively harder? You got tons of villains on there, no one is angry on Godzilla you start with picking out of the same 4 battles every time. Maybe Scooby is the easier mode character to start since we know that's who kids will want to be and Velma and Fred are harder because they're the bravest and smartest?
Another ball fell off the right side of the upper playfield and got stuck up and inside the Mystery Machine behind a wire (where I saw ANOTHER ball already stuck there from a previous player!) so there is definitely some need to add more plastics, don't make owners and modders create stuff to do your work.
It looks like I'm dumping on this game. And maybe I am. I just felt "whelmed" playing it. I'm still hopeful that this will be a great game and be a boon for Spooky after the Halloween Ultraman poopsplosion. I left Tilt not feeling a big desire to play that game again anytime soon until the code changes a bunch. I wanted to keep playing it to give it another shot, like maybe I'm missing something. But it was never all that fun.
Spooky is a small town hero gone big time. They're not the underdogs anymore as much as apologists will make us think that. I'm ready to see them step up and make this a fast, funny, great time that we know it can be. I will have faith they are far from done on this game.

I didn’t get far either and really didn’t activate much of anything, but I only got two games in on it and it had a few glitches. I get what you’re saying but I kinda like it when a pin is tough. Plus all modern games are adjustable and I’m sure you can set the modes to easier then they were set up on location where you played. It doesn’t sound like this is your theme also so that could be impacting your opinion maybe? Just like every other pin some people are going to like it some people are going to love it and some people are going to hate it. It could just be that this pin isn’t for you, I had a blast playing it though and watching others play it. I just need more time on it and learn how to play it. And I like that this game seems to be adjustable to make it easy or hard. This is my dream theme so I’m sure I’d automatically go easier on it than someone that doesn’t like this theme, but I think they hit this one out of the park. Just my opinion. I’m dying to play it again though.

#720 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I always worry it’s going to shatter and I’ve heard that a shattered pinball glass is a nightmare you do not want to experience.

The magic of tempered glass is it's very strong across the face, where the ball strikes. The weakness, and the way most people have glass explode on them (hi, I'm in the club), is putting it down on the edge or corner wrong, on say concrete. Don't do that!

A clean piece of tempered glass inside a machine is very safe.

#721 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The magic of tempered glass is it's very strong across the face, where the ball strikes. The weakness, and the way most people have glass explode on them (hi, I'm in the club), is putting it down on the edge or corner wrong, on say concrete. Don't do that!

Aurich is 100% correct. I feel like this video is once again appropriate. Enjoy!!

#722 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is very reassuring and something I did not know. Now I don’t have to worry about those glass strikes anymore

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Aurich is 100% correct. I feel like this video is once again appropriate. Enjoy!!

Great video but this guy destroyed over $1,000 worth of glass! Expensive demonstration lol.

#723 1 year ago

GamerRick I think you missed the part where I worked as Scooby Doo for one of their movies and own a Scooby and Shaggy get up for couples costume emergencies, so it’s not easy to dismiss it wasn’t my theme.

I like challenging games with difficult shots. A Houdini is sitting in my living room and I like Black Knight Swords of rage quite a bit. Like I said in the end, I’m glad to give it another go and hope the game grows on me as the code grows too!

#724 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

GamerRick I think you missed the part where I worked as Scooby Doo for one of their movies and own a Scooby and Shaggy get up for couples costume emergencies, so it’s not easy to dismiss it wasn’t my theme.
I like challenging games with difficult shots. A Houdini is sitting in my living room and I like Black Knight Swords of rage quite a bit. Like I said in the end, I’m glad to give it another go and hope the game grows on me as the code grows too!

Well I read that but that doesn’t mean necessarily that you’re a big fan of the theme so I just asked. My take on a new pin is I never know how to play it or how the modes work and code is always in its infancy so for me it’s more of the feel of the game at this stage and I love the feel but fair enough that you don’t like it and I respect that. I do think that you have to give it a chance with different settings though before you just say that nothing can be completed. Did you like the light show?

#725 1 year ago

One thing is for sure, I won’t be watching anymore streams from tournaments, for any game I’m interested in. Thanks to the operators for putting it up, just not my jam. I’d way rather watch a group of friends crush a few pints have a laugh and have a good time. Some of the players (not all!) that I watched looked like total fun sponges.

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Best wishes for a full recovery for your daughter... we lost our son to brain cancer last year...
Hoping for the best outcome for your family .

I am so sorry for your loss. I totally know what you are going through. We lost 3 children to a rare form of muscular dystrophy. My heart and sympathy go out to you and family. Just remember it’s not goodbye but see you later. Prayers for you.

#727 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This was my Godzilla playfield glass. I hit a corner on the bar stool legs when putting it down. First time having tempered glass explode on me. Glad I had a new spare one.

38E60F79-FA0F-44A2-A24A-0B03A9F7425A (resized).jpeg38E60F79-FA0F-44A2-A24A-0B03A9F7425A (resized).jpeg
#728 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

One thing is for sure, I won’t be watching any streams from tournaments, for any game I’m interested in. Thanks to the operators for putting it up, just not my jam. I’d way rather watch a group of friends crush a few pints have a laugh and have fun. Some of the players (not all!) that I watched looked like total fun sponges.

There ya go!! Right there. 100%!! Honestly, I didn't realize the game was set up super hard, and this latest stream was a tournament environment. I'd also much rather watch a Jack Danger style stream. Yeah, I'm aware he's kind of busy right now....lol.

#729 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

There ya go!! Right there. 100%!! Honestly, I didn't realize the game was set up super hard, and this latest stream was a tournament environment. I'd also much rather watch a Jack Danger style stream. Yeah, I'm aware he's kind of busy right now....lol.

Danger will be a while I’m sure. I’ll be stoked to see some regular players ripping on each other and having fun. If I wanted to see people get pissed off I’d just watch myself in a mirror trying to get the backing off of double-sided tape.

#730 1 year ago

, but I think they hit this one out of the park. Just my opinion. I’m dying to play it again though.

Interesting I hope so and if they did this early it will definitely be a top ten game.

#731 1 year ago

Is there anyone on this thread that is waiting on one to deliver to their (location) not home use in CA with an eta for delivery? I really want to try it after seeing all the videos of gameplay, with the exception of the continuous theme song lol

#732 1 year ago

I don't think most will struggle with knowing what to hit, at least for the basic stuff. There are some layers of complexity, but everything has a callout, plus there is on screen text that will always display your main objective. If all else fails just shoot the flashing shot(s). We use three speeds, plus some special lightshows; but the faster it's flashing the more important that shot. Also for the most part in base gameplay every shot in the game is doing something: drop targets are spawning Scooby Snacks, standups are qualifying your ball save drop target, orbit shots are leveling up members of Mystery Inc., bashing Captain Cutler is qualifying Captain Cutler Multiball, spinners are qualifying Mystery Machine Multiball, etc.

Qualifying the first mode is 1-shot in easy, 2-shots in medium, and 3-shots in Zoinks. The number of hits does increase +1 for each mode you've previously completed, with a hard max of six shots to qualify any mode. I may look to change that to +1 per mode completed per ball at some point in the future; at least for the easy mode. Once you're in a mode there is always text during the introduction, plus a callout as the ball is ejected from the mystery machine. Once again, it's also going to be whatever is flashing the fastest. Mode progress is always accompanied by a lightshow, video clip, and on screen text. The number of clues does vary by mode, but once you complete the number listed as X / Y in the magnifying glass; you're on to your trap and unmasking shots.

#733 1 year ago

So…freaking…amped! Thank you lpeters82 , reading this over just makes me wish I had one at the ready to try it all out!

#734 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:drop targets are spawning Scooby Snacks,

Anything else planned or already in there for the drops. I think I saw a skill shot, but any other modes/mini modes using the drops?

#735 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't think most will struggle with knowing what to hit, at least for the basic stuff. There are some layers of complexity, but everything has a callout, plus there is on screen text that will always display your main objective. If all else fails just shoot the flashing shot(s). We use three speeds, plus some special lightshows; but the faster it's flashing the more important that shot. Also for the most part in base gameplay every shot in the game is doing something: drop targets are spawning Scooby Snacks, standups are qualifying your ball save drop target, orbit shots are leveling up members of Mystery Inc., bashing Captain Cutler is qualifying Captain Cutler Multiball, spinners are qualifying Mystery Machine Multiball, etc.
Qualifying the first mode is 1-shot in easy, 2-shots in medium, and 3-shots in Zoinks. The number of hits does increase +1 for each mode you've previously completed, with a hard max of six shots to qualify any mode. I may look to change that to +1 per mode completed per ball at some point in the future; at least for the easy mode. Once you're in a mode there is always text during the introduction, plus a callout as the ball is ejected from the mystery machine. Once again, it's also going to be whatever is flashing the fastest. Mode progress is always accompanied by a lightshow, video clip, and on screen text. The number of clues does vary by mode, but once you complete the number listed as X / Y in the magnifying glass; you're on to your trap and unmasking shots.

Thank you to you and the rest of the Spooky team for coming on here and updating us and giving us great info like this post and for making changes based on feedback from those that have played the game. It takes guts to come on Pinside. Kudos to you for doing all of that. I’m eager for my #494. Now to butter or not to butter, that is the real question.

#736 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anything else planned or already in there for the drops. I think I saw a skill shot, but any other modes/mini modes using the drops?

You can complete character collection and some mini-modes there now already, but they are more placeholders at this point. It gave us an opportunity to add some more scoring potential and clips at launch; but they will get more flushed out. In terms of future plans, I have quite a lot written for that area.

Quoted from GamerRick:

Thank you to you and the rest of the Spooky team for coming on here and updating us and giving us great info like this post and for making changes based on feedback from those that have played the game. It takes guts to come on Pinside. Kudos to you for doing all of that. I’m eager for my #494. Now to butter or not to butter, that is the real question.

I was here long before starting with Spooky, so it would be a shame to quit now. That said it is stressful at times. For my own mental health, I do occasionally have to take some breaks.

PS: Heady home from Spooky HQ now. Have a good night everyone.

#737 1 year ago

Spooky can y’all please start making banners for your games? I would love to put an Ultraman and Scooby Doo next to my Stern banners.

#738 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

, I have quite a lot written for that area.

Yes! Can never have too much drop target action.

#739 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Spooky can y’all please start making banners for your games? I would love to put an Ultraman and Scooby Doo next to my Stern banners.

I'll try to ask at our next licensing meeting. Seems like it might be a bit of a grey area. I'm guessing you can produce banners for "promotion"; but selling them would probably get a company in trouble with the licensor.

#740 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

You can complete character collection and some mini-modes there now already, but they are more placeholders at this point. It gave us an opportunity to add some more scoring potential and clips at launch; but they will get more flushed out. In terms of future plans, I have quite a lot written for that area.

I was here long before starting with Spooky, so it would be a shame to quit now. That said it is stressful at times. For my own mental health, I do occasionally have to take some breaks.
PS: Heady home from Spooky HQ now. Have a good night everyone.

I get it, this place is the Wild West of the Net. Glad the bullets on here don’t kill, or I’d be dead like five times over by now. Glad to have you guys I really appreciate it.

#741 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Have not got a chance to get into the banners yet but it's on the list. I did however print up a whole bunch of backglass translates from scooby and all of our past titles all the way back to AMH. Ill be bringing them to shows to sell! Reach out to [email protected] if your interested in purchasing any of them she can also ship them right to you.

#742 1 year ago

Not sure if I’m smiling while playing, but I’ve been having a blast with mine! There’s plenty of on screen instructions and callouts telling you what to do and when to do it. I’ve beat all 7 monster modes, just not all in the same game. The sound FX really conjure up all these memories from watching the show and work perfectly on the spinners and slings. The light show is already one of Spooky’s best and the original music is so good, you’d think it’s taken directly from the show. Really hitting on all cylinders for me. It’s like I’m playing this feel good, mash up of Haunted House and Monster Bash. I can’t wait to see what else is in store!

#743 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

SDCE [no butter] #145, final invoice sent this past Saturday (Nitro)

dnaman oooo wow, I'm #159 so I shouldn't be far behind. Woot, getting excited. I better get busy making space!

#744 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizpin17:

Is there anyone on this thread that is waiting on one to deliver to their (location) not home use in CA with an eta for delivery? I really want to try it after seeing all the videos of gameplay, with the exception of the continuous theme song lol

Keep an eye on the Captains Showroom arcade in Anaheim... they might get one.

#745 1 year ago
Quoted from randomlogin:

dnaman oooo wow, I'm #159 so I shouldn't be far behind. Woot, getting excited. I better get busy making space!

I hear you, I need to make room as well. This is the first time that I might have to fold a game up. Time to let one go maybe?

#746 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Thank you for sharing and continuing to respond, and participate in the club thread. This overview was very helpful and your input and feedback is appreciated. It's relatively recent that the public has had such open access to communicating with a products development team. This is not lost on me but I think that many take it for granted.

And for some of the others yes we get it, "I've wanted to love the game but absolutely hate it. It's dog shit, no it's worse than dogshit!". It worked, some have decided to bail, good for you. Not sure what you are sticking around for unless it is to try to win/flip over more people but can you exit stage left and let everyone else look forward to their game and being part of the evolution of it? This is a great time for pinball, go find something to enjoy.

#747 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Is there a flow map of how to do everything (ie start & complete each mode/other things to do & collect)? I remember when I got my WOZ there was a map I could print off which really helped us not-so-expert players. Maybe I missed it and this is already available.

#748 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Have not got a chance to get into the banners yet but it's on the list. I did however print up a whole bunch of backglass translates from scooby and all of our past titles all the way back to AMH. Ill be bringing them to shows to sell! Reach out to [email protected] if your interested in purchasing any of them she can also ship them right to you.

Will you be at the Allentown show?

#749 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Will you be at the Allentown show?

Indeed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 29.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 11,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/15?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.