(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 234.
#651 1 year ago

I played about 10 games at Tilt on Sunday (that ball stuck by the blue robot was thanks to me!) and was waiting all weekend to get there right at opening to make sure I could get some time on it.

This was the game that ALMOST got me buy NIB without playing one. In the late 90's, I was hired by WB in high school to be a costumed Scooby for Mall-oween promotion of that Zombie Island movie. I have a Scooby and Shaggy costume that we break out when we need funny Halloween costumes in a pinch. I have massive love for Scooby and the gang. All that to say (massive grain of salt)...

This game felt like WORK. Shots were easy enough to hit without being gimmes but still needing some aim. I got to start quite a few different cases (liked the intro videos!) and don't think I completed one? Hit those horseshoes over and over to collect clues or go up to get some more air on the upper playfield over and over. I'm probably an average player, but I was just chopping wood, hardly ever getting anywhere. On my last game, I finally locked ONE ball for mystery machine multiball. ONE BALL on at least a 10-12 minute game and had no idea how I finally qualified a lock. I tried staying up in the upper playfield and wailing away at all the lit Cutler shots and never started that multiball either.

Balls would land on the apron dongs and slowly squirt back to the flippers. I'm sure I'm missing knowledge and learning the rules would make things more likely to happen. It was mostly just hit some shots until I was told to head to the Mystery Machine to start a case, I'd start a case, and then just fart around hitting whatever was lit, hoping to finish it. It wasn't fun or exciting to get more clues. The music didn't ramp up, I never really knew if I was close unless I peaked and saw 5/6 clues on the screen.

That upper playfield is SLOW. It's almost like playing pinball in water (which maybe works for Cutler up there?) Lean into it and put some effects to change the music to sound distorted like you're listening under water or something kooky because I don't think that will change unless you juice up those flippers. Loved the bookshelf catching the ball option.

I never knew why I needed to go for the double drop target rows. I liked the drop ball saver feature. That will be a hit with family and friends.

You just keep hearing that same background song over and over. No variations of it. Even Munsters has a different spin on that same stupid theme for each ball so you don't feel like you're going insane. Could each character have their own theme or spin of that "looking for clues" slow theme plays? Something?

This is a family friendly kids theme. It's a party game with FIVE CHARACTERS. I'd be very into a game like this in my house. But maybe not this game. I know we all want depth and challenge and modes for days so we never tire of these games (like I'm tired of Munsters). But there's no progressive challenge to the game so friends, family, and KIDS can see and do some fun stuff. I watched multiple kids walk up and play many games because it's bright eye candy. Didn't look like they were having much fun, or laughing, or telling their dads what happened. Because nothing happened. Just that slow "dun dun dunnnnnnnn, da da da da da dunnnnnn" over and over with some callouts thrown in (I do love those!)

Could there be some tiered-level of difficulty modes, where the first one or two cases are noob friendly and you can actually clear through them, maybe fumble into a multiball so people can hear that classic Scooby Doo theme song (which will eventually drive the good players nuts like Blue Oyster Cult on Godzilla does)? Maybe your first mystery is one of two or three easier ones to get through and you can be rewarded with a fun multiball, then things get progressively harder? You got tons of villains on there, no one is angry on Godzilla you start with picking out of the same 4 battles every time. Maybe Scooby is the easier mode character to start since we know that's who kids will want to be and Velma and Fred are harder because they're the bravest and smartest?

Another ball fell off the right side of the upper playfield and got stuck up and inside the Mystery Machine behind a wire (where I saw ANOTHER ball already stuck there from a previous player!) so there is definitely some need to add more plastics, don't make owners and modders create stuff to do your work.

It looks like I'm dumping on this game. And maybe I am. I just felt "whelmed" playing it. I'm still hopeful that this will be a great game and be a boon for Spooky after the Halloween Ultraman poopsplosion. I left Tilt not feeling a big desire to play that game again anytime soon until the code changes a bunch. I wanted to keep playing it to give it another shot, like maybe I'm missing something. But it was never all that fun.

Spooky is a small town hero gone big time. They're not the underdogs anymore as much as apologists will make us think that. I'm ready to see them step up and make this a fast, funny, great time that we know it can be. I will have faith they are far from done on this game.

#652 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yep we have already added several! One thing I am guilty of is focusing more on making the game as fun as possible and absolutely loading it with stuff. Sometimes I get carried away and don't pay enough mind to ball traps. Know that its with the best of intentions! I think the fact that the game is so dang good that ball traps are what we are worried about tweaking the most is a great sign!

Awesome! Thank you!

#653 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

Balls would land on the apron dongs and slowly squirt back to the flippers.

EkZTLXSKFBhAWdQ7hmDCjj-1200-80 (resized).jpgEkZTLXSKFBhAWdQ7hmDCjj-1200-80 (resized).jpg
#654 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I played about 10 games at Tilt on Sunday (that ball stuck by the blue robot was thanks to me!) and was waiting all weekend to get there right at opening to make sure I could get some time on it.
This was the game that ALMOST got me buy NIB without playing one. In the late 90's, I was hired by WB in high school to be a costumed Scooby for Mall-oween promotion of that Zombie Island movie. I have a Scooby and Shaggy costume that we break out when we need funny Halloween costumes in a pinch. I have massive love for Scooby and the gang. All that to say (massive grain of salt)...
This game felt like WORK. Shots were easy enough to hit without being gimmes but still needing some aim. I got to start quite a few different cases (liked the intro videos!) and don't think I completed one? Hit those horseshoes over and over to collect clues or go up to get some more air on the upper playfield over and over. I'm probably an average player, but I was just chopping wood, hardly ever getting anywhere. On my last game, I finally locked ONE ball for mystery machine multiball. ONE BALL on at least a 10-12 minute game and had no idea how I finally qualified a lock. I tried staying up in the upper playfield and wailing away at all the lit Cutler shots and never started that multiball either.
Balls would land on the apron dongs and slowly squirt back to the flippers. I'm sure I'm missing knowledge and learning the rules would make things more likely to happen. It was mostly just hit some shots until I was told to head to the Mystery Machine to start a case, I'd start a case, and then just fart around hitting whatever was lit, hoping to finish it. It wasn't fun or exciting to get more clues. The music didn't ramp up, I never really knew if I was close unless I peaked and saw 5/6 clues on the screen.
That upper playfield is SLOW. It's almost like playing pinball in water (which maybe works for Cutler up there?) Lean into it and put some effects to change the music to sound distorted like you're listening under water or something kooky because I don't think that will change unless you juice up those flippers. Loved the bookshelf catching the ball option.
I never knew why I needed to go for the double drop target rows. I liked the drop ball saver feature. That will be a hit with family and friends.
You just keep hearing that same background song over and over. No variations of it. Even Munsters has a different spin on that same stupid theme for each ball so you don't feel like you're going insane. Could each character have their own theme or spin of that "looking for clues" slow theme plays? Something?
This is a family friendly kids theme. It's a party game with FIVE CHARACTERS. I'd be very into a game like this in my house. But maybe not this game. I know we all want depth and challenge and modes for days so we never tire of these games (like I'm tired of Munsters). But there's no progressive challenge to the game so friends, family, and KIDS can see and do some fun stuff. I watched multiple kids walk up and play many games because it's bright eye candy. Didn't look like they were having much fun, or laughing, or telling their dads what happened. Because nothing happened. Just that slow "dun dun dunnnnnnnn, da da da da da dunnnnnn" over and over with some callouts thrown in (I do love those!)
Could there be some tiered-level of difficulty modes, where the first one or two cases are noob friendly and you can actually clear through them, maybe fumble into a multiball so people can hear that classic Scooby Doo theme song (which will eventually drive the good players nuts like Blue Oyster Cult on Godzilla does)? Maybe your first mystery is one of two or three easier ones to get through and you can be rewarded with a fun multiball, then things get progressively harder? You got tons of villains on there, no one is angry on Godzilla you start with picking out of the same 4 battles every time.
Another ball fell off the right side of the upper playfield and got stuck up and inside the Mystery Machine behind a wire (where I saw ANOTHER ball already stuck there from a previous player!) so there is definitely some need to add more plastics, don't make owners and modders create stuff to do your work.
It looks like I'm dumping on this game. And maybe I am. I just felt "whelmed" playing it. I'm still hopeful that this will be a great game and be a boon for Spooky after the Halloween Ultraman poopsplosion. I left Tilt not feeling a big desire to play that game again anytime soon until the code changes a bunch. I wanted to keep playing it to give it another shot, like maybe I'm missing something. But it was never all that fun.
Spooky is a small town hero gone big time. They're not the underdogs anymore as much as apologists will make us think that. I'm ready to see them step up and make this a fast, funny, great time that we know it can be. I will have faith they are far from done on this game.

Sounds like we'll be putting this on easy mode when we get it (#62, so shouldn't be too long). As an average player I don't want to ever feel like I have to struggle just to see the van multiball. And with 2 elementary age kids, I'll want to make it pretty easy and accessible.

#655 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

Could there be some tiered-level of difficulty modes, where the first one or two cases are noob friendly and you can actually clear through them, maybe fumble into a multiball so people can hear that classic Scooby Doo theme song (which will eventually drive the good players nuts like Blue Oyster Cult on Godzilla does)? Maybe your first mystery is one of two or three easier ones to get through and you can be rewarded with a fun multiball, then things get progressively harder? You got tons of villains on there, no one is angry on Godzilla you start with picking out of the same 4 battles every time. Maybe Scooby is the easier mode character to start since we know that's who kids will want to be and Velma and Fred are harder because they're the bravest and smartest?

Brutally honest is a good thing. I hope these concerns can be addressed. I surely want to enjoy owning this game

#656 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

Being honest is definitely appreciated by me. I havnt played one, but I did mention something to my wife last night after watching some of that last stream. One camera was focused on the players, and no one seemed to be having a great time playing. I know generally, feedback has been positive, but I value your honest feedback just as much. I am starting to have some concerns.

#657 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Being honest is definitely appreciated by me. I havnt played one, but I did mention something to my wife last night after watching some of that last stream. One camera was focused on the player, and no one seemed to be having a great time playing. I know generally, feedback has been positive, but I value your honest feedback just as much. I am starting to have some concerns.

Yes! A lot of deadpan expressions on their faces….. I also saw a guy give the game a double bird and walk away

#658 1 year ago

I am starting to have some concerns.

Brand new game that no one knows the rules to or has the shots down yet in a tournament setting, not surprised at deadpan faces. Get it home, learn the rules, get familiar with the shots and crank the volume...totally different experience.

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yes! A lot of deadpan expressions on their faces….. I also saw a guy give the game a double bird and walk away

If I played a game with the tilt set to extra hard and the left outlane post pulled out I probably wouldn’t walk away smiling either.

#660 1 year ago

Being honest is definitely appreciated by me. I havnt played one, but I did mention something to my wife last night after watching some of that last stream. One camera was focused on the player, and no one seemed to be having a great time playing. I know generally, feedback has been positive, but I value your honest feedback just as much. I am starting to have some concerns.

I think concerns are warranted. I hate to be a contrarian to all the excitement. I wouldn't want to be someone convincing myself that this was $10,000 well spent just yet. I was glad that the build looked solid as far as I could tell. That's a big hurdle. Now does the code and board stand up? Lots of code improvements is more hopeful that lots of code yet created.

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Brand new game that no one knows the rules to or has the shots down yet in a tournament setting, not surprised at deadpan faces. Get it home, learn the rules, get familiar with the shots and crank the volume...totally different experience.

Quoted from Wildbill327:

If I played a game with the tilt set to extra hard and the left outlane post pulled out I probably wouldn’t walk away smiling either.

Agree with both of these assesments.

It did look like the game was setup difficult. There was a lot of talk in the scooby threads on how long playing the game is. It appears the organizers of the tournament went too far in the other direction to keep the tournament moving forward. Also, the Spooky stream were all players that are very familiar with the game and shots, making it look much easier than it is for new players.

#662 1 year ago

As a tournament player, I'm very happy to see that there is a way to make this game hard and ball times shorter!

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I think concerns are warranted. I hate to be a contrarian to all the excitement. I wouldn't want to someone convincing myself that this was $10,000 just yet. I was glad that the build looked solid as far as I could tell. That's a big hurdle. Now does the code and board stand up? Lots of code improvements is more hopeful that lots of code yet created.

I think you should give a game that hasn't been setup extremely difficult a try man. The overall take is pretty contrary to any of the other feedback I've seen from people playing the game. I'm certainly not telling you that you have to like the game or buy it! Just that I think maybe the circumstances you played in were maybe not the best for an impression. What is really great about this game is how well the difficulty is adjustable. Set the outlane posts to the top portion and turn on your ruh roh ball save and center drop ball save and you have a very approachable game even for the family. However many locations are taking the outlane posts out and setting the ball saves all the off completely. Suddenly the game is pretty brutal. The best part is this game caters to BOTH abilities of players and is easily tunable by the owner for his specific taste. The music changes when you enter modes which can be achieved in only 2 shots. This game has some of the most clever rules for modes and more show assets than almost any modern pin. Check out our gameplay stream where Bug walks us through many rules in the game and give the game another shot in a home environment if ya can before you kick it to the curb. I truly don't think your experience was a good representation of how great this game is and I'm not saying that because we made it. I truly feel that way.

#664 1 year ago

Looking forward to my pin got a picture with the gang.

69BF5535-CA5A-4633-AD29-0357AE1F2C0E (resized).jpeg69BF5535-CA5A-4633-AD29-0357AE1F2C0E (resized).jpeg
#665 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I think concerns are warranted. I hate to be a contrarian to all the excitement. I wouldn't want to someone convincing myself that this was $10,000 well spent just yet. I was glad that the build looked solid as far as I could tell. That's a big hurdle. Now does the code and board stand up? Lots of code improvements is more hopeful that lots of code yet created.

I really don't think any of these pinball machines are 10k well spent, but I'm in.

Also, this is the owner's thread. Not the contrarian thread. Be gone!

#666 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think you should give a game that hasn't been setup extremely difficult a try man. The overall take is pretty contrary to any of the other feedback I've seen from people playing the game. I'm certainly not telling you that you have to like the game or buy it! Just that I think maybe the circumstances you played in were maybe not the best for an impression. What is really great about this game is how well the difficulty is adjustable. Set the outlane posts to the top portion and turn on your ruh roh ball save and center drop ball save and you have a very approachable game even for the family. However many locations are taking the outlane posts out and setting the ball saves all the off completely. Suddenly the game is pretty brutal. The best part is this game caters to BOTH abilities of players and is easily tunable by the owner for his specific taste. The music changes when you enter modes which can be achieved in only 2 shots. This game has some of the most clever rules for modes and more show assets than almost any modern pin. Check out our gameplay stream where Bug walks us through many rules in the game and give the game another shot in a home environment if ya can before you kick it to the curb. I truly don't think your experience was a good representation of how great this game is and I'm not saying that because we made it. I truly feel that way.

I totally appreciate the response. I think a good HD professional stream, with good audio and minimal chatter could alleviate many concerns. I'm definitely still in.

#667 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Wrong thread but what did they leave broken or unfinished? Why does it need their attention?

Sorry for off topic (I know), but this very issue was mentioned here, hence my addition…
(Off topic: imho ACNC code has still a few minor bugs, but I don’t care about anymore - e.g. missing position mark ups in the castle maps at certain stages of the game or probably 3 or 4 times the same mystery reward from the start of the game…)

#668 1 year ago

We've had few questions about how to qualify the Mystery Machine Multiball. As indicated on the rules card: rip the spinners. Whenever you hit either spinner you might notice a gas gauges pop up in the center of the screen. Every 1/3 of this gauge is labeled for ball lock. In the default difficulty of medium, it's around 20-spins per lock qualification. Basically one decent rip on either spinner. You can also instantly lock the next ball with a combo of the left spinner / right spinner. When the gauge has reached the level for a next lock it will start blinking green. The headlights and insert at the Mystery Machine will also be flashing green. Lock three balls to start the multiball.

#669 1 year ago

just got notice that #58 will be shipping tomorrow (it just missed going out on the truck today). so to give a timeline
butter/no butter email 2/13
invoice sent 2/18
Shipped 2/28(pending)

#670 1 year ago
Quoted from jonahk:

We've had non-stop plays on our SD#17 since Wednesday. The code update over the weekend (THANK YOU spooky_dj!) seemed to fix a couple of oddities and gave us the ability to see all the final scores at the end of the game.
We had a lot of stuck balls, and are working on 3d printing some parts in these locations. I probably pulled glass a dozen times in a 5 hour tournament to grab these. Other than that, once we fixed an issue with our Capt Cutler orbit switch (it was sticking closed due to tension) we had zero issues with extra balls magically appearing on the playfield.
Another thing to keep in mind for the techs on here - the mystery machine doesn't always release a ball at the end of the game. On saturday one of our other techs thought a ball got lost and added another ball to the machine and this caused a bunch of issues. So, count your balls at the beginning of the day
This game is insanely popular and we had people coming from all over the place to play it yesterday. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites.[quoted image][quoted image]

that's where the little Scrappy Doo's need to go..where the balls get stuck, lol.

#671 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We've had few questions about how to qualify the Mystery Machine Multiball. Whenever you hit either spinner you might notice a gas gauges pop up in the center of the screen. Every 1/3 of this gauge is labeled for ball lock. In the default difficulty of medium, it's around 20-spins per lock qualification. Basically one decent rip on either spinner. You can also instantly lock the next ball with a combo of the left spinner / right spinner. Lock three balls to start the multiball.

What about the apron locks? Sorry if this was already discussed/asked. I couldn't find anything.

#672 1 year ago

So Luke, is the Professional Stream sill gonna happen? Im available as the Dollar Store Steve Ritchey but........Im Expensive!

I totally appreciate the response. I think a good HD professional stream, with good audio and minimal chatter could alleviate many concerns. I'm definitely still in.

#673 1 year ago

I am all for people expressing their own opinions, and I respect that they differ. But I have no idea how someone can play a 10-12 minute game and only lock one ball and not finish any modes. Even with no idea what you are doing you would luck into them. Some are harder than others, but all are manageable by someone that can keep the ball alive that long. And none of them are anywhere in the realm of chopping wood.

MM locks are crazy easy. One good spinner rip and put it in the MM. it really doesn’t get more intuitive than that. A couple white clue shots and jump in the MM for a mode. The modes are FUN! They utilize the entire playfield(s). I love that they not only have their own clear objectives, but also ways to gain points as “side objectives” during the mode…such as riding the rollercoaster during the robot mode. All unique. All fun.

Some of the things complained about are obviously not programmed yet. The apron locks and drop targets especially (although the drops do come into play in skill shots and some modes).

Sorry but that big long complaint review sounds like someone who is actively trying to dislike the game based on a handful of games on a poorly (or unfairly difficult) setup machine. I hope others take that with a grain of salt. Is it perfect? No..no machine is. But please do not get out the pitchforks over one critical post.

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

What about the apron locks? Sorry if this was already discussed/asked. I couldn't find anything.

Apron locks will be involving the scooby snack multiball which is first on our agenda to add. Shouldn't be long at all actually. We have a good bit of code already written for it but didn't feel it was stable enough to be added to the launch code yet. Gona clean it up in these next few weeks and have it on the first update for ya! The left VUK area will also be heavily utilized for a number of things as we add features.

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

So Luke, is the Professional Stream sill gonna happen? Im available as the Dollar Store Steve Ritchey but........Im Expensive!

Yes! I'm thinking maybe it would be fun to do with the first update! I'm sure Jack is more than a little busy right now!

#676 1 year ago

Foo Real

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yes! I'm thinking maybe it would be fun to do with the first update! I'm sure Jack is more than a little busy right now!

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

This game felt like WORK

I am glad to hear this. From the initial stream which Bug and company made it look easy I was a little concerned about depth. In a modern pin I want it to be difficult which equates to being interesting for a long time. I hope any future grandkids are flipping this with me years from now, and at that time I will put it on the easy settings, glad to have that option. For just flipping/simple rules, I have a ton of choices in my basement like Pinbot or Getaway. Honestly I don't understand "retro" modern pins unless they were also retro priced . For mindless flipping, get an Em or SS or 80s pin. They are great. For me, I think this pin is screaming fun and challenging and value. I am even more excited and will find it hard to wait to June...

#678 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I am all for people expressing their own opinions, and I respect that they differ. But I have no idea how someone can play a 10-12 minute game and only lock one ball and not start any modes. Even with no idea what you are doing you would luck into them.
MM locks are crazy easy. One good spinner rip and put it in the MM. it really doesn’t get more intuitive than that. A couple white clue shots and jump in the MM for a mode. The modes are FUN! They utilize the entire playfield(s). I love that they not only have their own clear objectives, but also ways to gain points as “side objectives” during the mode…such as riding the rollercoaster during the robot mode. All unique. All fun.
Some of the things complained about are obviously not programmed yet. The apron locks and drop targets especially (although the drops do come into play in skill shots and some modes).
Sorry but that big long complaint review sounds like someone who is actively trying to dislike the game based on a handful of games on a poorly setup machine. I hope others take that with a grain of salt. Is it perfect? No..no machine is. But please do not get out the pitchforks over one critical post.

To be fair, I think that game was setup really hard for the tournament: no outlane posts, no ball saves, and Zoinks difficulty. Besides removing the post from the upper playfield that game was optimized for short ball times. If nothing else, that stream really helped to show how the game has different difficulty settings.

#679 1 year ago

One camera was focused on the players, and no one seemed to be having a great time playing

I'm not sure I'd be too worried about this... on my games that have the feature, I disabled the player cam because I look like a constipated ape when playing... Probably why they built cameras into those games--stupid expressions are hilarious. Were you expecting people to giggle like they were on an amusement park ride? Game face bro. Game face.

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

I'm not sure I'd be too worried about this... on my games that have the feature, I disabled the player cam because I look like a constipated ape when playing... Probably why they built cameras into those games--stupid expressions are hilarious. Were you expecting people to giggle like they were on an amusement park ride? Game face bro. Game face.

This! And I have given more machines the double bird than I can count. Especially in tournaments. Including games that I love.

#681 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

This! And I have given more machines the double bird than I can count. Especially in tournaments. Including games that I love.

I routinely tell STARS to go f*uck itself while hitting the start button again and again.

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

I disabled the player cam because I look like a constipated ape when playing...

#683 1 year ago

It's kind of funny how when one concern is addressed, another new concern pops up. After your official stream, the narrative was it's too easy, this will never be a tournament game. Now we have an owner that set the game up hard and essentially answered that question, and now we have a new issue, the game is too HARD!

I've been a voracious consumer of all news Scooby and I can say the critical review didn't even move the needle for me. People should express their honest review of their experience. However, the rest of us less fortunate folks that haven't played Scooby shouldn't let one review determine how we will feel about the game. Yes, it sucks that the Scooby you went to play wasn't setup to complement your skill level, but don't let define your opinion. If it was me I would have walked away and thought, no way in hell will I be playing on Zoinks difficulty ever again, and those outlanes are going to move to an easier setting.

One last note before everyone starts abandoning the Scooby ship. Many people commented on the deadpan expressions of players, first the game was setup hard. No one showed up to get their ass kicked by Scooby and the Gang. Secondly, it's a new game that people have limited exposure to and don't yet understand the rules or how to qualify modes or other things.

If anyone takes something from the review, I would think it would be Spooky personnel. Maybe they could take a look at whether or not the rules are clear or that the machine callouts are making it clear what shot you are supposed to hit. All of this is speculative and opinion on my part, so you are welcome to disagree these are just my thoughts.

Quoted from lpeters82:

If nothing else, that stream really helped to show how the game has different difficulty settings.

#684 1 year ago

I feel like backing out on buying now. It's a shame cause I feel the same about Rick N Morty, it's got great call outs and whatever but actual play sucks.

#685 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think you should give a game that hasn't been setup extremely difficult a try man. The overall take is pretty contrary to any of the other feedback I've seen from people playing the game.

Can confirm that difficulty settings make a big difference. As an operator I'd say it's way too easy out of the box. I'm a crap pinball player, but even I had a 10 minute ball at one point before we moved the outlane posts.

Tournament games should be hard, but using that as your litmus test for a fun factor of a game is a little like sitting in a race car and not liking the hard seats when the regular version has 12 way power adjustable ventilated massaging chairs.

That being said ours is still set to medium other than the outlane posts, come up to Minneapolis

#686 1 year ago

SpookyLuke I very much appreciate that you responded, and I respect that a dedicated creator would defend their project so strongly. That shows you truly care about the game. Tilt does set their games pretty tough, but I did get some Ruh Roh ball saves and the center drain stand up was used a few times too (I liked both these features I should say!) Seeing about the spinners filling gas to light locks will definitely make them a big focus next time I step up so thanks for that knowledge drop. I look forward to another trip to give the game an earnest 2nd go.

Not much about my thoughts of the clarity of the rules (some of the most clever perhaps...but I shouldn't have to watch the designers' stream for the game to be clear through how shots are lit or with callouts) or other issues I brought up, which again I can respect and understand a passionate creator focusing on all the hard work and positive perspective on something they love. I'd do the same thing. Just wanted to share the average pinhead's thoughts, which I forgot the no contrarian opinions on an owner's thread rule. That's apron dong on my face.

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from rue_:

I feel like backing out on buying now. It's a shame cause I feel the same about Rick N Morty, it's got great call outs and whatever but actual play sucks.

to each his own, I love R&M but understand why others may not

#688 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

You should come back and try it again. We had an issue plaguing us most of Sunday that was due to the Capt. Cutler switch being stuck closed. (One that I didn't get that fixed until about 9pm) Modes weren't starting as they should. Also one of the techs on Saturday added another ball by mistake so there were 8 balls instead of 7 so depending on what time you were there Sunday that likely also contributed to the slowness of the game and things not happening as they should.

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from jonahk:

You should come back and try it again. We had an issue plaguing us most of Sunday that was due to the Capt. Cutler switch being stuck closed. (One that I didn't get that fixed until about 9pm) Modes weren't starting as they should. Also one of the techs on Saturday added another ball by mistake so there were 8 balls instead of 7 so depending on what time you were there Sunday that likely also contributed to the slowness of the game and things not happening as they should.

jonahk I'll definitely be back, you're my #1 pin stop in Minneapolis! You guys always take great care of your games and hearing about a closed switch makes me feel even better about giving the game a second opinion. Some day soon, I'll have the confidence to sign up and do poorly in one of your tourneys and get to know some of the regulars.

#690 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I think concerns are warranted. I hate to be a contrarian to all the excitement. I wouldn't want to someone convincing myself that this was $10,000 well spent just yet. I was glad that the build looked solid as far as I could tell. That's a big hurdle. Now does the code and board stand up? Lots of code improvements is more hopeful that lots of code yet created.

Like people who try to convince themselves that TS4 was a good purchase?

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from rue_:

giphy (14).gifgiphy (14).gif
#692 1 year ago

Well was hoping to pick up Scooby at R&L today after my daughters preop bloodwork. Have to wait for them to unload truck and maybe tomorrow if they get at it today. Been there since Saturday. Rep said I probably will be able to get it on the 1st when it was scheduled to be delivered and that’s when my daughters brain surgery is. Might as well have it delivered.

Was really hoping for today. Hopefully tomorrow. Just want her to be able to play before her surgery

#693 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

If I made all of my buying decisions off of 10 games, at one operator location, I wouldn’t own any games; especially if I’m an average to below average player.

#694 1 year ago

So now the I hate this game at early code is starting like Halloween and won’t buy it or I will sell it. Unbelievable. Glad I kept my Halloween and will not be getting rid of our Scooby.

#695 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

If I made all of my buying decisions off of 10 games, at one operator location, I wouldn’t own any games; especially if I’m an average to below average player.

AFM95 Aw man, I only said I'm an average player. Maybe I am below average! After 10 minutes (not 10 games) on Godzilla at Tilt Oct 2021, I put an order down for one without hesitation. Probably unfair to compare 1st impression Godzilla to Scooby though. And definitely not a Stern buttlicker. They treat their customers like dog lately and cheap out anywhere they can get away. Canceled my EHOH order and glad I did.

#696 1 year ago

Foo Fighters about to launch and now a questionable influx of negative comments on here about Scooby…ask me if I’m surprised. The stern bros are back on their bulllls#it.

Like ohhhh…tourney players don’t look like they are having fun?!? They never have fun, they are there for wpprs. Not out of pure enjoyment.

Also, I straight up asked Cliff Albert if he liked it after the event and he said he was sold after ball one and LOVED IT. And no…he did not LOOK like he was having fun. Just as an example of how ridiculous that take is.

#697 1 year ago

lol...yeah, anyone CE direct with Spooky who wants to delay until next Nov (when mine is suggested to ship) to pick up Foo, Godfather (seriously?) or GTF...slip into my PM's cause I'd love to get a Scoob sooner if possible! Even the honest reviews are getting me more jazzed about owning this pin!

#698 1 year ago

Omg Pinside.

#699 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

Not much about my thoughts of the clarity of the rules (some of the most clever perhaps...but I shouldn't have to watch the designers' stream for the game to be clear through how shots are lit or with callouts

Every modern game you have to learn the rules/what shot lights what by tutorials or getting on tilt forums. Did you know everything on Godzilla the initial 10 minutes you spent on it before purchasing? The streamers trying to qualify for Godzilla Pinclash are scratching their heads on how to get the best Tokyo Carnage bonus on everything involved in just the first city.

#700 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Every modern game you have to learn the rules/what shot lights what by tutorials or getting on tilt forums. Did you know everything on Godzilla the initial 10 minutes you spent on it before purchasing? The streamers trying to qualify for Godzilla Pinclash are scratching their heads on how to get the best Tokyo Carnage bonus on everything involved in just the first city.

I didn't know anything then either, but it didn't feel like work smacking the ball around to start or do something. The shots were fast and not hidden in horseshoes when made. Mostly I just remember hearing "shoot the wamps to light battle" and "shoot the scoop", which was enough to start something dynamically different. The game was/is complicated, but FUN. And now we have the complaint that all bad shots still progress stuff so you're never really punished on Godzilla. Can't please everyone. I never said Scooby was bad, just my opinion that it wasn't very fun and felt unclear. After reading some more here, it's more clear and hopefully that will make it more fun whenever I can play again. I'll try harder to be less bad at Scooby, I swear!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/14?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.