(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 234.
#551 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Just added last game scores to the attract screen. I'll playtest it tomorrow, er... today, and if it looks good, I'll push it to the website Saturday night. It'll contain some minor bugfixes too.
The magnetic speaker panels look awesome! Definitely considering the mystery machine style one.
Precision flippers looking pretty cool too!! Note that you might have to drill and tap your own holes into the bat if you intend to use them on the bookcase flipper, but shouldn't be too problematic otherwise.
Upper flippers are set around to around 50% power by default (bookshelf flipper is slightly higher), and all the shots are close and flat, so I really doubt those upper flippers would *ever* experience fade. I haven't seen or heard about anybody getting fade on the lower flippers yet either, but I'll be interested to see what data PinMonk records!

A Photoshop of the speaker panel, mystery machine option.

pinball caravan oscuro (resized).pngpinball caravan oscuro (resized).png
#552 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:So according to the equations, assuming that the coils have the same area and length (physical size), and resistance (same gauge) then the # of turns makes the difference.

But the difference is the wrong way. 800 turns will have higher resistance and less power than 600 turns of the same gauge wire.

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

So according to the equations, assuming that the coils have the same area and length (physical size), and resistance (same gauge) then the # of turns makes the difference.

AND how it's wound, on a dual wound coil, at least.

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Latest code, with previous game scores screen, and some minor bugfixes is up on our support page!
Email DJ@spookypinball if you'd like to report a bug.

shouldnt bugs be reported to bug?

#555 1 year ago
Quoted from soria3:

A Photoshop of the speaker panel, mystery machine option. [quoted image]

Thanks for the pic. Still a tough call!

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

But the difference is the wrong way. 800 turns will have higher resistance and less power than 600 turns of the same gauge wire.

Stop focusing on a single number and read the equation that determines force in a solenoid.

https://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/Magnets/Solenoid-Force-Calculator.phtml
F = (N*I)**2 μ0 A / (2 g**2),

Where:

μ0 = 4π10-7
F is the force in Newtons
N is the number of turns
I is the current in Amps
A is the area in length units squared
g is the length of the gap between the solenoid and a piece of metal.

Note, any units can be used for A and g so long as they are consistent. For example, in2 and in, or m2 and m, respectively.

As we are assuming the geometry to be the same we can drop it and the constant μ0 from the discussion. That basically leaves the effects of the # of turns and the current. The # of turns effects the Force as a square, as does the current. As they are multiplied before the square they are basically in a proportional relationship in the equation. So which has the bigger effect on the square when one changes?

The current is a function of resistance (inversely proportional), and resistance a function of gauge and length. The resistance per foot of 23awg is roughly .02036 ohms.

American Wire Gages (AWG) Sizes and Resistances
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=resistance+per+foot+23+awg
AWG wire size (solid) Area CM* Resistance per 1000 ft (ohms) @ 20 C
22 642.4 16.14
23 509.45 20.36
24 404.01 25.67
25 320.4 32.37

How many foot do you need for 200 turns on a flipper coil, and then multiply that by .020 ohms. I'm betting that we don't need many feet. So the extra resistance is small and therefore the current falls by a small %. I.e. The effect of resistance on the current for 200 turns is much lower so the current number will go down only slightly.

However, the turns number went up by 33% (800 vs 600, or 200 more turns). Thus the # of turns will have a much greater effect on the total force that the coil can exert on the plunger.

#557 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

Stop focusing on a single number and read the equation that determines force in a solenoid.
https://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/Magnets/Solenoid-Force-Calculator.phtml
F = (N*I)**2 μ0 A / (2 g**2),
Where:
μ0 = 4π10-7
F is the force in Newtons
N is the number of turns
I is the current in Amps
A is the area in length units squared
g is the length of the gap between the solenoid and a piece of metal.
Note, any units can be used for A and g so long as they are consistent. For example, in2 and in, or m2 and m, respectively.
As we are assuming the geometry to be the same we can drop it and the constant μ0 from the discussion. That basically leaves the effects of the # of turns and the current. The # of turns effects the Force as a square, as does the current. As they are multiplied before the square they are basically in a proportional relationship in the equation. So which has the bigger effect on the square when one changes?
The current is a function of resistance (inversely proportional), and resistance a function of gauge and length. The resistance per foot of 23awg is roughly .02036 ohms.
American Wire Gages (AWG) Sizes and Resistances
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=resistance+per+foot+23+awg
AWG wire size (solid) Area CM* Resistance per 1000 ft (ohms) @ 20 C
22 642.4 16.14
23 509.45 20.36
24 404.01 25.67
25 320.4 32.37
How many foot do you need for 200 turns on a flipper coil, and then multiply that by .020 ohms. I'm betting that we don't need many feet. So the extra resistance is small and therefore the current falls by a small %. I.e. The effect of resistance on the current for 200 turns is much lower so the current number will go down only slightly.
However, the turns number went up by 33% (800 vs 600, or 200 more turns). Thus the # of turns will have a much greater effect on the total force that the coil can exert on the plunger.

He's not saying the coil isn't stronger, he's saying (correctly) that it can't be accurate that a coil with more windings of the same gauge wire has lower resistance.

P.S. this whole discussion should probably be moved to a new thread instead of further detailing this one.

#558 1 year ago

This is all super cool and fascinating (sincerely) but can someone please post a new stream of Scooby?! Thanks!

#559 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The top 100 used to mean something. Back when people were rating games that had stood the test of time and the best stood out.
Now it is mainly new buyers highly rating their purchases to try to get them into the top ten. I don't even bother looking any more.

Or people just throwing hate at a manufacturer with totally BS rating numbers like 3 or 4. I don’t know how you can make an argument for a score like that on a game like Halloween. Even on Sterns or JJP, etc games that I don’t necessarily care for I couldn’t score that low. There seems there is something positive to be found in gameplay in most games. Just my opinion. Still find honest reviews helpful. The actual rankings are pretty nonsensical.

#560 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

He's not saying the coil isn't stronger, he's saying (correctly) that it can't be accurate that a coil with more windings of the same gauge wire has lower resistance.

Not what I read here, or in his previous statements, he clearly states power. He's saying the reason it has less power is resistance.

Quoted from metallik:

800 turns will have higher resistance and less power than power than 600 turns of the same gauge wire.

Quoted from bobukcat:

P.S. this whole discussion should probably be moved to a new thread instead of further detailing this one.

Yep, I'm done here.

#561 1 year ago

Scooby stream…scooby stream…scooby stream….

#562 1 year ago

This thread took a turn(get it?) for the worse.
Can we start a new Scooby Club thread?

#563 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Scooby stream…scooby stream…scooby stream…

PinballSTAR ... 3PM EST today they are interviewing Bug on twitch, hopefully over a Scooby Doo in action.

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from MrVern:

PinballSTAR ... 3PM EST today they are interviewing Bug on twitch, hopefully over a Scooby Doo in action.

Can a link be provided when available?

#567 1 year ago

Rats, beat me by 8 seconds. I would have gotten away with it too if...not for your speed

#568 1 year ago
305E3951-7A22-46B5-8601-D41A2588E2B0 (resized).jpeg305E3951-7A22-46B5-8601-D41A2588E2B0 (resized).jpeg9A22E2E7-81DE-4EEF-B9EA-CA08C6A5B81F (resized).jpeg9A22E2E7-81DE-4EEF-B9EA-CA08C6A5B81F (resized).jpegF42A3F8C-2543-420D-82E6-31F99A20FA19 (resized).jpegF42A3F8C-2543-420D-82E6-31F99A20FA19 (resized).jpeg
#569 1 year ago

The Electric City Pinball feed has the Scooby Doo playfield upside down. I havent followed them for a month so I cant comment in chat.

#570 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

3PM Eastern, interview with Bug will be streaming here:
https://www.twitch.tv/electriccitypinball?sr=a

Playfield is upside down. And frozen.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The Electric City Pinball feed has the Scooby Doo playfield upside down. I havent followed them for a month so I cant comment in chat.

Yeah. No one is going to be able to chat. Haha. You need to follow them for a month to chat.

#571 1 year ago

Super spreader there playing SD

#572 1 year ago

Just turn your phone upside down!

#573 1 year ago

I relayed the message. Camera fixed

#574 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I relayed the message. Camera fixed

It’s right side up now, but the video is effed. Frozen for long periods of time.

#575 1 year ago

Yea

#576 1 year ago

Kind of weird at a launch party it isn’t being played non stop. I expected a line.

#577 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s right side up now, but the video is effed. Frozen for long periods of time.

Yeah. It's a total mess

#578 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Kind of weird at a launch party it isn’t being played non stop. I expected a line.

Do most machines have lines upon release at a popular location?

#579 1 year ago

At a show, yes

#580 1 year ago

Typically if it is a launch party for that game.

#581 1 year ago

I wish I was there. Would love to be playing it non stop!

#582 1 year ago

Its a tournament game so different groups play when its their turn

#583 1 year ago

I saw that tilt coming a mile away

#584 1 year ago

Scranton unveil. Lost an acorn nut holding one of the hands on the upper playfield but no biggie. Got it fixed up quick. Really liking that upper bookcase flipper. Really impressed overall with the game. Feeling really good about the purchase.

#585 1 year ago

Current player name/score should flash when ball is in shooter lane prior to launch. Looks like it starts flashing when first switch is hit. I had a hard time knowing who’s turn it was when no one was at the machine. Maybe I’m missing something.

#586 1 year ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

Current player name/score should flash when ball is in shooter lane prior to launch. Looks like it starts flashing when first switch is hit. I had a hard time knowing who’s turn it was when no one was at the machine. Maybe I’m missing something.

Watching the stream I have exactly the same comment. Looks like it could be more clear who’s up. Hard to tell from the stream if we are missing something but it looks like it had players confused.

Edited add: not really sure why the players score needs to flash as much as it does? Totally agree it really only needs to flash when the ball is in the shooter lane ready to start your turn, not with every switch hit.

#587 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Watching the stream I have exactly the same comment. Looks like it could be more clear who’s up. Hard to tell from the stream if we are missing something but it looks like it had players confused.

Write that up and send it to DJ

RM

#588 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Write that up and send it to DJ
RM

Will do

#589 1 year ago

I gotchya!

The player up is mainly indicated by the character displayed in the lower right of the display (there's a big glare over it so you can't see it in the stream).
But I can Definitely flash that player's score box too!

#590 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I gotchya!
The player up is mainly indicated by the character displayed in the lower right of the display (there's a big glare over it so you can't see it in the stream).
But I can Definitely flash that player's score box too!

Haha figured you’d be watching here! Disregard the email you just received (other than the good stuff). Also figured we were missing something on the screen

#591 1 year ago

Cool to see some longer upper playfield action on the stream today…looks like so much fun, can’t wait!

BDE58EDE-4BBE-4093-80E0-5417A92B5740 (resized).pngBDE58EDE-4BBE-4093-80E0-5417A92B5740 (resized).png
#592 1 year ago

Hoping some feed back posts ...

#593 1 year ago

Any idea on how long the shopping notification takes after invoice is paid in full? I paid last Monday. I have a friend visiting from out of state in 19 days.

#594 1 year ago

I got to play it today and put several plays on it. First off the game looks amazing; the light show and art on the game are excellent. Not sure what is going on with the volume of the game but opened it up and tried to increase the volume and it was still super low; maybe it’s a coding thing? Okay on to gameplay I really think this is the smoothest ever spooky game and I have played them all and owned almost all of them. This is their best effort and it is not even close. So the one thing I hope that maybe DJ from SPOOKY could chime in here and maybe it is just a code thing but it took forever for the mystery machine to kick the balls out for mystery machine mball. Okay now on to all the goodness in the game. I really liked the flow on the lower playfield and all the shots are interesting and will take an awhile to figure out where the ball goes, but some very cool loops. The upper playfield is good it felt a little sluggish might have been the pitch of the game. The shots up too are cool; especially how the game makes you use both playfields for the modes. The code feels good, but still needs some work, but like I said for being early in the code feels good. Not sure how to get the lower ball locks lit. The modes that are in so far are fun though. Overall like I said definitely Spookys best game. I wish they would upgrade thier displays though they still are not upgraded yet and look washed out a little bit

#595 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I wish they would upgrade thier displays though they still are not upgraded yet and look washed out a little bit

Two minute adjustment to the LCD settings on the back dramatically improves the display, wish Spooky would adjust these at the factory so more people don't immediately consider dropping $200 plus on a new display.

#596 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Two minute adjustment to the LCD settings on the back dramatically improves the display, wish Spooky would adjust these at the factory so more people don't immediately consider dropping $200 plus on a new display.

What's the adjustment?

#597 1 year ago

The price is just to high now,I bet at a grand it would be different!

Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Any idea on how long the shopping notification takes after invoice is paid in full? I paid last Monday. I have a friend visiting from out of state in 19 days.

What number?

#598 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Not sure what is going on with the volume of the game but opened it up and tried to increase the volume and it was still super low; maybe it’s a coding thing?

The volume knobs on the amp were likely set too low.

Quoted from manadams:

Even with optimal settings the stock display is still pretty bad. For colorful games like R&M and Scooby, the upgraded IPS displays really pop.

#599 1 year ago

If they would have made the display quality look like it was from 1969 you all would have lost your shit, saying it was brilliant. Instead...here we are.

#600 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

What's the adjustment?

Optimal on R&M was 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On, you may have to play around to see what works best on SD.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 26.50
8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/12?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.