(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,643 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 233.
#5601 10 months ago

Just to give an update.

I got an early production game that came with a host of issues, and AJ worked with me to help get everything resolved.

The game is now rock solid, and I've done everything to ensure it will plays issue free going forward.

AJ was excellent tomorrow with, and he was quick to answer and send parts needed.

I will say though, if someone did not have a bit of pinball tech skill, or the ability to take things apart (like that upper playfield) this would have been an absolute nightmare for them.

This wasn't ultra complicated, but for someone that is hesitant to get into their machine, or lacks the ability, this would not have been feasible.

I'm happy to say the game is running 100% and again, I appreciate the great support over at Spooky.

#5602 10 months ago

Still need a how to video to remove the upper playfiled. Eventually we will all have to do maintenance on the flippers.

#5603 10 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

This wasn't ultra complicated, but for someone that is hesitant to get into their machine, or lacks the ability, this would not have been feasible.

Agree 100%

People like this buy games all the time, and probably shouldn't be... Not only are they missing out on half of the fun of the hobby--but they are effectively putting a time limit on how long they will be able to enjoy the game... Every machine, of every manufacturer will eventually need a shop job, basic repairs, and maintenance. They don't seem to realize that the glass comes off for a reason!

Good on you for getting it going!

#5604 10 months ago

#430 just arrived. Did everyone get metric bolts for the legs? 16mm

Easy enough to swap out with 5/8" but kind of weird.

#5605 10 months ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Mine were 5/8. Isn’t it the same?

#5606 10 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Mine were 5/8. Isn’t it the same?

No 16mm are just small enough so that 5/8" wont work.

#5607 10 months ago
Quoted from drypaint:

No 16mm are just small enough so that 5/8" wont work.

Maybe you have a cracked socket? The difference is only .005”

#5608 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Has anyone been receiving their mods from back alley creations ?
I was told early last month mine would ship by end of May and now they are not responding. Should I file a chargeback ?

This is why I’d never deal with some pinheads on any level

Use some common sense. Matt has been around for a LONG time.

Got mine. You will get yours. Calm down

#5609 10 months ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I think Spooky got a few undersized bolts. Mine were all 5/8, but one was just small enough to slip loose inside the socket. Had to use an adjustable wrench for that one.

#5610 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is why I’d never deal with some pinheads on any level
Use some common sense. Matt has been around for a LONG time.
Got mine. You will get yours. Calm down

Matt is also making all of the sculpts in the machine along side the mods. mine got screwed up in shipping and he called me many times so we could get my items shipping sorted out.

#5611 10 months ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I had one out of the batch that was smaller too.

#5612 10 months ago

Lost a ball this morning during Cutler multiball. Haven't taken the glass off yet but I'm wondering if it's in the subway maybe? Is the trap door switch related to the subway or the drop target between the flippers?

IMG_20230609_080451660 (resized).jpgIMG_20230609_080451660 (resized).jpg
#5613 10 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Lost a ball this morning during Cutler multiball. Haven't taken the glass off yet but I'm wondering if it's in the subway maybe? Is the trap door switch related to the subway or the drop target between the flippers?
[quoted image]

Trap door is between the lower flippers. You're upper left drain switch shouldn't be active though.

#5614 10 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Trap door is between the lower flippers. You're upper left drain switch shouldn't be active though.

Is this the switch on the gate below the upper flippers or the switch all the way to the left above the habitrail?

#5615 10 months ago

Scooby CE has arrived at Stumblor HQ! Woot woot!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Zero issues found, everything is bang on. Really enjoying it so far. My daughter is *obsessed*, and won't choose any character other than Scooby. So I play Shaggy, and that's fine because he's a dude and likes sandwiches, and I respect that.

I've also had a chance to setup the Phantom Lanterns on a live machine, finally! Updated promo video below, hope you like!

The bottom two lanterns trigger on spinner hits, with the top two triggered by the Capt. Cutler arm coils - so the Lanterns will go green for a few seconds when his arms get hit. I was thinking it would be great for both arm coils to fire when his head get hit, what do you think spooky_dj ? Bit of an ulterior motive for me since it would look great for both Lanterns to fire on a head hit, but I think this would work well gameplay wise also

#5616 10 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

I was thinking it would be great for both arm coils to fire when his head get hit, what do you think spooky_dj ?

Easy enough; Jazz hands routine has been added!

#5617 10 months ago

Is it safe to fallback a version of code? On the previous code the ball would launch successfully most of the time. The second I updated, the ball no longer is able to launch into play. I made no adjustments other than new code. Also regardless of coil strength settings it will no longer launch into play.

#5618 10 months ago

stumblor looks amazing, thanks for making such excellent mods and congrats on the new machine!

Big shout to the spooky crew…I recently did something dumb and compromised a part. The Spooky customer service is so amazing…Bug, AJ and Morgan got a replacement shipped over super quick and were so helpful. Thanks again guys, the pin is back at 100% and I could not be more pleased!

#5619 10 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Easy enough; Jazz hands routine has been added!

Yess!

Going forward, it would be best if all games had a jazz hands routine.

#5620 10 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Yess!
Going forward, it would be best if all games had a jazz hands routine.

he can shake his hands for a little "applause" when you get the GC

#5621 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Is it safe to fallback a version of code? On the previous code the ball would launch successfully most of the time. The second I updated, the ball no longer is able to launch into play. I made no adjustments other than new code. Also regardless of coil strength settings it will no longer launch into play.

I have no issues with the launch so I doubt its a code issue. Make absolute sure the alignment of the fork is perfect. Mine was a touch off and after I fixed this I have never had a failed launch.

#5622 10 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

I have no issues with the launch so I doubt its a code issue. Make absolute sure the alignment of the fork is perfect. Mine was a touch off and after I fixed this I have never had a failed launch.

How did you adjust the alignment? I tried adjusting it every way I could and no luck.

#5623 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

How did you adjust the alignment? I tried adjusting it every way I could and no luck.

I just aligned the fork to the ball in the lane. Ultimately I bent the fork some so it was perfectly in the middle of the ball. Perhaps you have something else going on though.....

#5624 10 months ago

I still have the freezing of the game issue, anyone knows if spooky has a fix for this yet. Started happening with new code.

#5625 10 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

I just aligned the fork to the ball in the lane. Ultimately I bent the fork some so it was perfectly in the middle of the ball. Perhaps you have something else going on though.....

It works flawlessly in coil test but not during game play. So my EE mind leads me down the software path.

#5626 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

It works flawlessly in coil test but not during game play. So my EE mind leads me down the software path.

I am having the exact same issue, never had an issues with the launch until the update and it still works 100% of the time in switch test. I still need to check that it's perfectly centered and someone else suggested that possibly the switch inside the lane might be causing the hangup, just haven't had time but will check tonight and hopefully I can play this amazing game again.

#5627 10 months ago

It’s probably been said numerous times already…

I received one of the first 100 games that were shipped with closed outlanes and always played long ball time games until opening up the lanes finally yesterday. HUGE difference (IMO bigger difference than most other games)…I’m really struggling to complete modes and my ball times have gone down substantially.

#5628 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

The second I updated, the ball no longer is able to launch into play. I made no adjustments other than new code. Also regardless of coil strength settings it will no longer launch into play.

Hate to say it but I'm in this same boat. Had the issue right out of the box, changed that coil power to 100% then was good. Updated the code and back to crappy launches, checked the coil power but it's still at 100%.

#5629 10 months ago

Has anyone ever thought of a cold solder joint? I had similar problems with BSD and T2 - inconsistent coil performance - and resoldering did the trick…

#5630 10 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Communication is important. We don’t need another Speakerlightkits.com thing where we can’t ask the status of our order scenario. I understand people get busy but communication is important to paying customers.
If your too busy to communicate to customers, maybe you need to hire some help or not take on too many tasks. I have the apron mod on order and looking forward to getting it. Already have the mine rocks for the upper playfield, and Shannon.

I am sure you, as well as many others, know you could ask about the status of your order from me. I have responded back to the 100s of e-mails from people asking about their Flamin' Frames orders in the past year and a half. Not a single e-mail has gone unanswered and not a single order has been canceled, unless the buyer asked for me to cancel it for them. I let people know the situation with the type 14 kits before they even place an order for them. As for any of my other 13 light kit types...no one asks about their order status as they ship in 0 - 3 days of the order being placed, with PayPal sending tracking information to the buyer when the order is processed.

So please, do not lump me in as a seller that doesn't respond to their emails, refuses to answer questions or has some sort of issue communicating with customers or potential customers. There are plenty of threads about other sellers having these types of issues, many times the same ones over and over again...but that's not me.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#5631 10 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Still need a how to video to remove the upper playfiled. Eventually we will all have to do maintenance on the flippers.

There is a great and simple video Bug did on removing the upper playfield. It’s not posted on their site (don’t know why) but they sent it over on request.

Ping Spooky.

#5632 10 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

There is a great and simple video Bug did on removing the upper playfield. It’s not posted on their site (don’t know why) but they sent it over on request.
Ping Spooky.

Anyone care to share the link to that so we don't have to bother Spooky?

#5633 10 months ago

For those who have trouble with the launcher after the update, you can try the option to "reset to default coil settings" in the service menu. That could fix any funkieness going on. Otherwise, you can try to revert to the previous code version and see if the problem persists. I've been looking into this, but I see no difference in the way the coils are being pulsed in the test menu vs gameplay. I'll see if I can find anything on the hardware side.

#5634 10 months ago

469 is up and running. Updated to the latest code. Plays great.
I have the attract sounds on but it’s silent in the attract mode. No music or callouts.
Music/callouts work during gameplay.
Any ideas?

IMG_2891 (resized).jpegIMG_2891 (resized).jpeg
#5635 10 months ago

CE #484 finally unboxed and setup in the suburbs of KC. Gorgeous machine. No issues out of the box. Teenage daughter was “one more game”-ing for the first time literally ever. Congrats Spooky on a PHENOMENAL job.

IMG_5888 (resized).jpegIMG_5888 (resized).jpeg
#5636 10 months ago

CE #275 ready for action. The kids are loving it!

#5637 10 months ago

CE# 498 is all setup and going strong, the Kids can't get enough of it. My daughter has declared Daphne is always her character. It came with the outlane posts at their lowest position. This makes it decisively more difficult than the one I play on location that has the posts in the top hole. I've also got it set at about 8.3 degree's which feels good but doesn't prevent me from shooting anything.

On initial inspection I didn't find too much out of sort, all the cables snug and secure. The only three oddities I need to work out are the electrical whine, the center ramp, and the purple wire form on the right. To me the center ramp looks to be slightly skewed right, and I have not had one straight down the middle reject. Instead it fly's off left into the drop targets. I'm not sure if that's amazing or bad. On the one hand I don't risk the save not working but on the other hand it has once or twice gone straight to the left outlane depending on which drops are up. I think it kind of works better this way as long as the ball doesn't make contact with that left piece.

The purple wireform occasionally drops the ball in such a way the it can bounce off the in-lane rubber and out to the right outlane. This can be especially frustrating when a ball save immediately goes to the outlane, but I think this one should be easily fixable with a slight move or bend.

Overall this is a really great looking game, the lights are good, the call-outs are amazing, and the flippers are very responsive, the modes are thoughtful and creative. With the game setup at the 8 degree pitch and the posts lowered, it is not easy at all. I think with more code, the promised wizard modes, and of course more clips and callouts, this is going to be a Spooky's Masterpiece. Give me those chase scenes during the clue phase to really submerse me in the unmasking process. That feeling you get when time is running and the shaker motor is going, boy that feels good!

Great job Spooky.

PXL_20230608_232516984 (resized).jpgPXL_20230608_232516984 (resized).jpgScooby (resized).jpgScooby (resized).jpg

#5638 10 months ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

The only three oddities I need to work out are the electrical whine, the center ramp, and the purple wire form on the right. To me the center ramp looks to be slightly skewed right,...

Same here. Lots of background hum / whine in the audio system. Flipper whine is quite noticeable, pretty sure being picked up by the sound system and coming through speakers (vs. hearing coils directly). I haven't had any unfair rejects of the center ramp, but coming back down off the ramp it always hits something at the bottom right of the ramp and kicks pretty sharp left. Doesn't seem to matter how the ball approaches the ramp, ball always drifts to the right coming back down and then kicks left. I'll have to take a closer look.

#5639 10 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

We have early games in this area. With mine and a friends. After this code update. The shooter set as before will not get the ball up and over! Without adjusting the power. It has to be a code issue. Nothing has changed with these 2 games.
Magicchiz

#5640 10 months ago

Maybe the sharp left reject is by design, either way it seems fair. I think the coil whine can be reduced with coils settings. There's a post somewhere about it so I don't expect it to be an issue for too long.

#5641 10 months ago

#407 was finally delivered this am.
Everything seems to be good!

1622D676-59A3-40EA-92F4-4A0BA8B022A4 (resized).jpeg1622D676-59A3-40EA-92F4-4A0BA8B022A4 (resized).jpeg
#5642 10 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:Still need a how to video to remove the upper playfiled. Eventually we will all have to do maintenance on the flippers.

Several people have shared great how-tos about removing the upper playfield. If folks simply enter upper playfield in the topics search they should show. The one was point by point and very easy to follow. Good luck

#5643 10 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Ping Spooky.

They did share that with us upon request. It and the step by step provided by another pinside were spot on

#5644 10 months ago

Post#4475. Damonator provided the post referenced above. Great post. It’s shared in key posts. We’ve used it and it along with the Spooky available video worked great. Takes a while but so much better with these tools. Thanks Damonator and Spooky. Multiple posters have referenced these before in this forum. Great to take note of. One of those things to tuck away for future reference. Made a copy of Damonator post and it sits inside the game now.

#5645 10 months ago

Unable to replay Cutler multiball after updating. I can play it once and on the subsequent retries I can hit all the parts 4 times but it will continue to say to bash the head. Furthermore this seems to have an effect on other players on the same game and also seems to keep you from starting Cutler on any new games without turning the game on and off. Are others having this issue?

#5646 10 months ago

Hey all, since updating cade having problem where after shooting van the ball does not come back out and game goes into ball search. Not always but very frequently. Is this happening to anyone else. Did not do this until new code installed?????

#5647 10 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Unable to replay Cutler multiball after updating. I can play it once and on the subsequent retries I can hit all the parts 4 times but it will continue to say to bash the head. Furthermore this seems to have an effect on other players on the same game and also seems to keep you from starting Cutler on any new games without turning the game on and off. Are others having this issue?

Same - I can only complete Cutler once, then have to power cycle the entire machine in order to be able to complete it once again.

#5648 10 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Same - I can only complete Cutler once, then have to power cycle the entire machine in order to be able to complete it once again.

I've had this happen once. 4 flashing footprints, but no amount of hitting targets changes anything. Had to restart machine. Usually works ok though (can do CCMB multiple times without need to power cycle). Reported to DJ.

#5649 10 months ago

#5650 10 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Ping Spooky.

A link would be cool. And have it stickied as a key post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.