(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 233.
#5551 10 months ago

#490 has landed. It's going to spend the night in the garage. Got help coming tomorrow to get it moved to the game room. Game left Spooky yesterday and got delivered at noon today. Wowsers!

IMG_20230606_122306795_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230606_122306795_HDR (resized).jpg
#5552 10 months ago

Nice to see things are getting closer for us - we are #517.

Invoiced and paid about 16 days ago and told it would be 3 weeks. Unfortunately I had to opt to pick up at the terminal when it arrives so that I can arrange moving help but no big deal.

Looking forward to getting the game for sure.

#5553 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Unfortunately I had to opt to pick up at the terminal when it arrives so that I can arrange moving help but no big deal.

This was a big concern for me too, I was given a "note" from my doctor to not lift anything over FIVE pounds, so there was literally no way I could get this beast into the house. So, I made arrangements with some friends for the confirmed delivery date, of course the shipping company had other ideas and delayed by a day screwing up everything. But, I - at the last minute - called a local moving company and for $100 bucks they sent two very strong guys who carefully took my game inside (a half dozen outside steps) and set it on my trusty HF Table Lift. Hiring pros had the additional advantage of letting me NOT feel guilty when they were carrying and I was "supervising".

#5554 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

In the latest code is there more to starting Captain Cutler MB than just bashing CC on the upper PF to qualify it?

Your first cc mb should be the same as always (except there is a bug right now that carries progress from game to game).

After that, "Shots to qualify cutler MB increases by 2 shots per body part each time the mode is started." - Info from the spooky game support page.

#5555 10 months ago

Just got notification that #504 is shipping out tomorrow!!! Ordered through PinballSTAR

#5556 10 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

This was a big concern for me too, I was given a "note" from my doctor to not lift anything over FIVE pounds, so there was literally no way I could get this beast into the house. So, I made arrangements with some friends for the confirmed delivery date, of course the shipping company had other ideas and delayed by a day screwing up everything. But, I - at the last minute - called a local moving company and for $100 bucks they sent two very strong guys who carefully took my game inside (a half dozen outside steps) and set it on my trusty HF Table Lift. Hiring pros had the additional advantage of letting me NOT feel guilty when they were carrying and I was "supervising".

I have also hired a moving company but it's gonna cost more than $100. I'm ok with it though. I hate moving modern games. EMs are much easier to remove IMO.

#5557 10 months ago
Quoted from alexorear:

I have also hired a moving company but it's gonna cost more than $100. I'm ok with it though. I hate moving modern games. EMs are much easier to remove IMO.

I am surprised it's more than $100 of all they are moving is ONE game. I paid for the full hour, but from them pulling up to the game on my lift table was MAYBE 20 minutes and they took off. If they are charging more than maybe $120/hr you might want to call around, especially if you only need them to take if from the curb to the house. Of course, if your game room is in the attic or a narrow basement it will take longer and the price might be justified.

#5558 10 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Thankfully I don't have those limitations. Its just that I know it would be delivered like middle of a work day when only one of us we be able to be at home and we do not have a porch or garage to put the game into once delivered. This was the best way to allow us to be home to unload the game and get it into the house. Downside is I am sure the pickup hours are only going to be 9-5 M-F or something like that so I will still have to take off work to go get it. No big deal, I'll make it happen.

#5559 10 months ago

Just got #427 set up yesterday and I have to say the build quality of this game is excellent. It's built like a tank. I also own Ultraman and they took the quality to the next level. UM flippers always felt kind of squishy. These flippers on Scooby remind me of Bally/Williams. Solid, beautiful machine and so much fun!

#5560 10 months ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Just got #427 set up yesterday and I have to say the build quality of this game is excellent. It's built like a tank. I also own Ultraman and they took the quality to the next level. UM flippers always felt kind of squishy. These flippers on Scooby remind me of Bally/Williams. Solid, beautiful machine and so much fun!

My Ultraman #94 flippers feel solid but the one on location close to me feels squishy with not much power. I think it's actually a later build as well. Not sure why some don't feel as solid as others. The couple of Halloweens I have played all felt good.

#5561 10 months ago

Wow I love this game! The modes are so well explained and fun! Theme integration is perfect. The art is off the charts beautiful. So fun to play. I’ve had a few friends over, all of whom have had their expectations exceeded!

Quoted from Yoreland:

Interesting you’d say that as I feel like mine are squishy. Like I can’t dead bounce pass from one flipper to the other. The ball just dies. Not sure what makes that happen or if it’s something to be fixed?

#5562 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Wow I love this game! The modes are so well explained and fun! Theme integration is perfect. The art is off the charts beautiful. So fun to play. I’ve had a few friends over, all of whom have had their expectations exceeded!

Interesting you’d say that as I feel like mine are squishy. Like I can’t dead bounce pass from one flipper to the other. The ball just dies. Not sure what makes that happen or if it’s something to be fixed?

You may should check your coil stops. Flippers on Scooby/Halloween/Ultraman are super strong.

#5563 10 months ago

Check the coil stops and also make sure that the mounting bolts for the flipper base plates/solenoid aren't loose. My UM has great flippers as does R&M. Scooby should be here very soon! (513)

#5564 10 months ago

New code Easter egg, hit the flipper buttons when the game is booting up LOL!!

#5565 10 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

New code Easter egg, hit the flipper buttons when the game is booting up LOL!!

That’s a fun Easter egg, but it’s actually been there for a few revisions.

#5566 10 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I need to have our electrical guys go through it and make sure everything is up to par but I whipped up a nice stainless steel cover for the area. Not going to do a running change on Scooby so you guys will have to get the next Spooky game to get this fancy upgraded outlet cover package lol. [quoted image][quoted image]

I’m fine with or without it, sure it looks better, but there’s no need to unnecessarily make a change or increase cost just to beautify something that’s inside the cabinet.

#5567 10 months ago

490 is setup. Only got 2 games in before I had to get back to work. I'll write up my thoughts in a few days when I get a few games on it. My basement is too short for toppers but I'm going to make a shelf for them and use an Arduino to animate the lights (and motor on Ultraman)

IMG_20230607_130523596 (resized).jpgIMG_20230607_130523596 (resized).jpgIMG_20230607_130529475 (resized).jpgIMG_20230607_130529475 (resized).jpg
#5568 10 months ago

Anyone having issues with Auto launcher?
Mine was consistently launching then got intermittent with soft plunges and now if we play a good amount of games it fails more than not.
Launch mech is sloppy with lots of play

#5569 10 months ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Mine was consistently launching then got intermittent with soft plunges and now if we play a good amount of games it fails more than not.

In the last couple of days I have started to have this exact problem. I don't have a ton of play in my mech and the forks look centered, but like yours, our launch is inconsistent lately. What's frustrating is that about half the time (lately) the launches are perfect, and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to the weak plunges.

I've seen mention of a potential to add some washers to the launcher and some have said the problem resolved itself. If it is still acting up tonight I will reach out to Spooky tomorrow.

#5570 10 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

In the last couple of days I have started to have this exact problem. I don't have a ton of play in my mech and the forks look centered, but like yours, our launch is inconsistent lately. What's frustrating is that about half the time (lately) the launches are perfect, and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to the weak plunges.
I've seen mention of a potential to add some washers to the launcher and some have said the problem resolved itself. If it is still acting up tonight I will reach out to Spooky tomorrow.

I thought I saw that washer fix, but couldn't find it.
I was hoping for some more guidance

#5571 10 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Manually move the auto launch and make sure it’s not hitting the shooter lane switch at the end of the playfield. Mine could touch and over time started making the switch itself bind and lift, pushing on the ball itself, which resulted in the ball not launching cleanly.

#5572 10 months ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

I thought I saw that washer fix, but couldn't find it.
I was hoping for some more guidance

Be careful adding washers and binding the auto launch.

#5573 10 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Be careful adding washers and binding the auto launch.

I was hoping not to. It doesn't look like there is room to do so.

#5574 10 months ago

So, I've got the objectives down pretty well on Captain Cutler and Mystery Machine multi balls, but what is the objective in Scooby Snack MB? I don't activate it often because that VUK behind the drop targets is a really tough shot for me (also why I can't consistently enter the new Velma's Glasses mode), so I don't have much experience with it.

#5575 10 months ago

Manually move the auto launch and make sure it’s not hitting the shooter lane switch at the end of the playfield. Mine could touch and over time started making the switch itself bind and lift, pushing on the ball itself, which resulted in the ball not launching cleanly.

I will need to check this out, as my auto plunge went weak as hell after 2 months of perfect.

What ended up working (so far) for me was to increase the launch pulse power. I did it one number at a time, with it seemingly getting worse each time up to power #84. I then rebooted the game and the launch is as fantastic as it was since before the last update.

3 perfect games after the reboot last night. Only got 2 games in today and it was still great.

Before the reboot, it was like 5 or 6 tries and it still couldn't launch the ball. That was why I turned it off. It's not like I turned the game off on purpose to see if a reboot would fix anything. But it did.

Edit. I also changed my flippers to boost in the menu when I changed the launch pulse power.

#5576 10 months ago

Has anyone been receiving their mods from back alley creations ?

I was told early last month mine would ship by end of May and now they are not responding. Should I file a chargeback ?

#5577 10 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Does it make it past the scoop then almost stop on the wireform? Mine was doing that and when I waxed my Pf I did the balls and that fixed it , my thoughts are as the ball is hit it has topspin and as it leaves the scoop and hit the wireform the friction grabs the ball and it need to reverse direction to travel down the wireform . Freshly waxed the ball just pushes through without the friction.

#5578 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I was told early last month mine would ship by end of May and now they are not responding. Should I file a chargeback ?

Speaking of mods, what's up with the Space Kook ship and ship lanterns that were advertised here what seems like forever ago?

#5579 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

No as a business owner a f’in hate people who do chargebacks. He will reply but super busy building these. I have one on order it’s taking time to build.

#5580 10 months ago

Yea..I can vouch for Matt…he is finishing up a batch of quite a few that are shipping out soon. Hang tight..you will all be happy soon. He is bouncing back and forth between scooby, cactus as well as regular orders.

#5581 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I ordered April 7th and so far nothing has shipped. Matt did respond to an e-mail I sent him about a month ago and said the order would ship "in about a week".......crickets since then

#5582 10 months ago

A chargeback for being a week late?? Come on dude. Matt is the real deal making thousands of mods for nearly every pinball company.

#5583 10 months ago

A chargeback for being a week late?? Come on dude. Matt is the real deal making thousands of mods for nearly every pinball company.

I reached out when they were first released and told they’ should ship in a few weeks. I ordered in March. Sent a few emails and made multiple calls at the end of April and got no response. Someone who knew him reached out for me and he wrote me back in May saying I should have them by the end of the month. So I tried calling and emailing and was ghosted again.

So no not for being a week late. Being ignored and running out of time to get my money back.

#5584 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

No as a business owner a f’in hate people who do chargebacks. He will reply but super busy building these. I have one on order it’s taking time to build.

Also a business owner who hates chargebacks and understand the value of communicating with my customers.

#5585 10 months ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

I reported on this a little while back. Had to increase the ball launch coil power.

#5586 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I reached out when they were first released and told they’ should ship in a few weeks. I ordered in March. Sent a few emails and made multiple calls at the end of April and got no response. Someone who knew him reached out for me and he wrote me back in May saying I should have them by the end of the month. So I tried calling and emailing and was ghosted again.
So no not for being a week late. Being ignored and running out of time to get my money back.

Communication is important. We don’t need another Speakerlightkits.com thing where we can’t ask the status of our order scenario. I understand people get busy but communication is important to paying customers.

If your too busy to communicate to customers, maybe you need to hire some help or not take on too many tasks. I have the apron mod on order and looking forward to getting it. Already have the mine rocks for the upper playfield, and Shannon.

#5587 10 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Communication is important. We don’t need another Speakerlightkits.com thing where we can’t ask the status of our order scenario. I understand people get busy but communication is important to paying customers.
If your too busy to communicate to customers, maybe you need to hire some help or not take on too many tasks. I have the apron mod on order and looking forward to getting it. Already have the mine rocks for the upper playfield, and Shannon.

That’s the other thing I ordered the rocks and mine cart as well. Others who ordered them after me already received theirs . I have to wait for those because I ordered the apron and the seller wants to bundle shipping.

#5588 10 months ago

For those with autolaunch problems go into the coil test and test fire some balls. When I do this it works 100% but when we play we have lots of issues with it getting the ball launched.

I'm curious if there is an issue in the code once in a game that just isn't pulsing correctly.

#5589 10 months ago

New Velma mode is just incredible… but I have a few minor complaints regarding new code. All are call out related.
The call outs when basing captain cutler are annoyingly repetitive. I don’t think we need as many call outs, or as frequent doubles.
Call outs in case modes often overlap with standard/instructional call outs. It gets really messy and hard to understand.
Last is the that a few call outs seems to vary in volume.

Just figured I’d throw them on here. Not really bugs, just needed refinement.

#5590 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I received apron, shannon, rocks. Packaged well. Straightforward installation. Really looks like they belong on the machine. Make sure to loosen and reattach space kook as low as possible on the apron so it doesn’t rub on the glass as the video suggests.

Given I had things disassembled, I added washers between the light cover and the top plastic pieces and removed the washers below the hex standoffs to lower the light covers a touch. Now they don’t rub on the glass anymore.

#5591 10 months ago

Just got my CE #498 delivered and setup with the legs on. Does someone have the checklist for what to inspect when first setting this game up? I seem to remember a very specific list being created that had all the major issues found from previous games. Mostly specific connectors and screws. Appreciate a repost if someone has it.

#5592 10 months ago

I got my BAC mods including apron last week. Excellent packaging. Quality products. Now if I only had my CE #785.

#5593 10 months ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

Just got my CE #498 delivered and setup with the legs on. Does someone have the checklist for what to inspect when first setting this game up? I seem to remember a very specific list being created that had all the major issues found from previous games. Mostly specific connectors and screws. Appreciate a repost if someone has it.

I’m too impatient. Level it and play it. If something seems to not be working or wonky…then troubleshoot.

#5594 10 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m too impatient. Level it and play it. If something seems to not be working or wonky…then troubleshoot.

This was my approach. Only about a dozen games in so far and the only adjustments I have made have been to the audio which I think all games will probably benefit from this since the room/location can have an impact on how things sound.

#5595 10 months ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

If you are really worried, just check under the playfield and in the backbox for loose connectors or wires (stuff that can get knocked loose in shipping). Spooky is REALLY good about adjusting for issues as the line progresses, so problems early game owners had may not even be worth looking for. Be careful flipping your playfield up, because as other have mentioned, the fit is tight between your art blades, and when fully extended the PF rests on some plastics against the head. Having #498--you may or may not have the latest code, so be sure to update--it's glorious.

#5596 10 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

For those with autolaunch problems go into the coil test and test fire some balls. When I do this it works 100% but when we play we have lots of issues with it getting the ball launched.
I'm curious if there is an issue in the code once in a game that just isn't pulsing correctly.

We just installed the 6/2 update today. Prior to this, we had zero shooter problems. Immediately after updating, the shooter started failing to hit the ball hard enough 80-90% of the time. Gotta be a software issue. spooky_dj SpookyBug

#5597 10 months ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

We just installed the 6/2 update today. Prior to this, we had zero shooter problems. Immediately after updating, the shooter started failing to hit the ball hard enough 80-90% of the time. Gotta be a software issue. spooky_dj SpookyBug

Same here.

#5598 10 months ago

Ditto
Upped my power and it has helped

#5599 10 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Ditto
Upped my power and it has helped

I upped my power and it got worse. Very strange.

#5600 10 months ago

Yes, did not have this shooter lane issue till the most recent update. It works 100% of the time in switch test and intermittent issues during gameplay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.