(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1368 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1357 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1374 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,598 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 232.
#451 1 year ago

Can anyone with photoshop skills show us what those magnetic speaker covers will look like in the CE? Might order a set even though I’m months away from getting mine.

Edit. All good. Found a picture

4473D402-A437-4DC9-9D2D-50C164B5B319 (resized).jpeg4473D402-A437-4DC9-9D2D-50C164B5B319 (resized).jpeg
#452 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Can anyone with photoshop skills show us what those magnetic speaker covers will look like in the CE? Might order a set even though I’m months away from getting mine.
[quoted image]

The game is already so busy, I like the powder coat and dark art blades. There’s plenty of color and art where it counts, in my opinion.

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

The game is already so busy, I like the powder coat and dark art blades. There’s plenty of color and art where it counts, in my opinion.

I’ll be honest. I don’t like the green speaker panel.

#454 1 year ago

Wont the speaker panel cover up the serial # plaque? Or is that also magnetic/movable?

#455 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I'll unfortunately have to wait several months before I get my game. I'm hesitant about covering the beautiful green powdercoat. I did a mock-up of their coin door panel on a CE. To me, it looks too busy and doesn't match up with the cab art.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
(Green coin door for comparison.)

Yup, that confirms it. The coin door is fine as is. Nice work!!

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Wont the speaker panel cover up the serial # plaque? Or is that also magnetic/movable?

I know on their Stern overlays, there is accommodation for the plaque. I imagine there will be on Scooby as well? I've never installed one myself, but my Elvira came with one installed, and the previous owner said he just unbolted his plaque, laid the magnet on, and reinstalled the plaque.

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I love my protectors as well, I just have to remember to use them.
All too often i pop the machine open and get the PF lifted and stop and think "DAMMIT"

I printed a P-Touch label that says "PUT IN THE PROTECTORS!!!" and stuck in on the lockdown receiver, it's not fool (drunk) proof but it has stopped me a few times.

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I printed a P-Touch label that says "PUT IN THE PROTECTORS!!!" and stuck in on the lockdown receiver, it's not fool (drunk) proof but it has stopped me a few times.

Brilliant!

#459 1 year ago

I encourage anyone that thinks the speaker panel is too much green to wait until you see it in person. I thought the same before I got mine. But in person it is perfect. No way would I want to cover it up. Easily the most beautiful powder coat I have ever seen. And not as overpowering as I thought it might be. But of course opinions and preferences vary.

#460 1 year ago

Project Pinball Scooby raffle sold out in 30 min.

#461 1 year ago

You unscrew the plaque from Stern pinball then apply the Wizard mod speaker panels then rescrew the plaque back in. The panels are predrilled for the plaque. I'm not sure how the Spooky plaque is attached.

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Project Pinball Scooby raffle sold out in 30 min.

Yea, I saw that. Was hoping to get in on the action but misjudged my timing options.

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

You unscrew the plaque from Stern pinball then apply the Wizard mod speaker panels then rescrew the plaque back in. The panels are predrilled for the plaque. I'm not sure how the Spooky plaque is attached.

Not sure if this is true but on the WizardMod website it states:
"The Blood Sucker Edition plate needs to be removed to install this mod. The Blood Sucker Edition plate is attached to the speaker panel with double tape. Remove it, install the WizPanels and attach it again with double tape."

https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/copy-of-rick-and-morty-blood-sucker-edition-pinball-magnetic-wizpanels

#464 1 year ago

We have discovered that the game will not show total scores at the end of multiplayer games, only the high scores.

This is a huge bummer for any of our competitive players and may exclude this from our tournament this weekend.

SpookyLuke I hope we're missing something simple here? (Or there is a code update coming before Sunday, pretty please?

#465 1 year ago

Damn, this hobby is killing my bank account. Haven't even taken delivery of Scooby-Doo yet and Stern just announced Foo fighters

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:Damn, this hobby is killing my bank account. Haven't even taken delivery of Scooby-Doo yet and Stern just announced Foo fighters

Bank account or credit score, haha

#467 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Damn, this hobby is killing my bank account. Haven't even taken delivery of Scooby-Doo yet and Stern just announced Foo fighters

Go make a foo fighters club thread. No one allegedly cares who starts threads . Except for mods that made a rule about it and the person who has the thread locked up only for some one else without the game does it and doesn’t get locked. Then excuses why it was allowed in that case but not another case . Flexible rules for sure but again who cares and does not care still get uneven hall monitoring with different said rules. It matters to those trying to make the thread to up their statistics that Pinside has.

yes there is something you get on Pinside for getting to certain statistical post made posts replied to , thumbs up thumbs down ,ect . So again these stat whores do care I do not but if a rule exists I do not think it is a person to person basis or it is discriminatory .

Now back to Scooby dooooooo where are you # 733. I solved the mystery.it is spread about in boxes at Spooky Headquarters

#468 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Go make a foo fighters club thread. No one allegedly cares who starts threads . Except for mods that made a rule about it and the person who has the thread locked up only for some one else without the game does it and doesn’t get locked. Then excuses why it was allowed in that case but not another case . Flexible rules for sure but again who cares and does not care still get uneven hall monitoring with different said rules. It matters to those trying to make the thread to up their statistics that Pinside has.
yes there is something you get on Pinside for getting to certain statistical post made posts replied to , thumbs up thumbs down ,ect . So again these stat whores do care I do not but if a rule exists I do not think it is a person to person basis or it is discriminatory .
Now back to Scooby dooooooo where are you # 733. I solved the mystery.it is spread about in boxes at Spooky Headquarters

Hmm, I think something may be bothering you besides my post, but it's tough to tell for sure. . . . .

#469 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Hmm, I think something may be bothering you besides my post, but it's tough to tell for sure. . . . .

Cereal prices are insane right now, stop pissing in his cornflakes, man!! Wasteful!

#470 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, FL-11629 coils seem way overpowered for a small upper playfield. I was expecting a FL-11630.
Thanks for posting the pics!

They control the flippers with PWM so it doesn't really matter since the software will control how strong it actually is. I think all Spooky flippers are 11629? Easier to manage parts that way too.

#471 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Has anyone who ordered a butter can gotten their invoice yet?

Yep. Just mailed the check for full payment on #135. Will have butter. Gobs and gobs of glorious butter....

#472 1 year ago

Try never ever to think to deep on my posts . Nothing like that / This is a scooby Doo Thread and not a foo Fighters one . That was part. Other part is all about responses from others in this thread from pages ago i did not see until today regarding who and who should not start Owners Club threads which would only relate to you if you go and try to make one after i was telling you go make one because no one here cares to talk about FOO FIGHters ina Scooby Based Thread. . that is it ,no criminal intent or bashing of you specifically / Most of my Tirade is about the Nonsensical Moderators no one can comment about was all. /Thanks and have a Scooby Doo Day

Quoted from brerspidur:Hmm, I think something may be bothering you besides my post, but it's tough to tell for sure. . . . .

#473 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Seeing the mock ups helped. Was a definite no on the coin door but wasn’t certain about the speaker panel. Tough call but a beautiful product. Think this is going to be a pretty individual decision. Glad it’s out there as an option though.

#474 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Not sure if this is true but on the WizardMod website it states:
"The Blood Sucker Edition plate needs to be removed to install this mod. The Blood Sucker Edition plate is attached to the speaker panel with double tape. Remove it, install the WizPanels and attach it again with double tape."

https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/copy-of-rick-and-morty-blood-sucker-edition-pinball-magnetic-wizpanels

I didn't see any holes on the right side of the wizmods speaker panel cover to accommodate the reinstall of the CE number plaque. Am I missing something? I definitely would like the plaque to remain visible but I do like the speaker cover...

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I didn't see any holes on the right side of the wizmods speaker panel cover to accommodate the reinstall of the CE number plaque. Am I missing something? I definitely would like the plaque to remain visible but I do like the speaker cover...

Uses double sided tape I believe

#476 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Uses double sided tape I believe

OK thanks.- I wasn't sure if it was attached differently than the BSE plaque. Guess not.

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

OK thanks.- I wasn't sure if it was attached differently than the BSE plaque. Guess not.

If it is bolted, and there aren't any holes, just lay the magnet in position, and poke a few holes where needed. No biggie

#478 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They control the flippers with PWM so it doesn't really matter since the software will control how strong it actually is. I think all Spooky flippers are 11629? Easier to manage parts that way too.

PWM or no, more windings equals more accumulated heat potential, especially since they can't do sub 1ms duty cycles in hold due to hardware limitations of their boardsets. Spooky has some of the highest coil temps over time out there. I thought they'd be addressing that any way they can. But, maybe The Warden has better duty cycle timing ability. We shall see.

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

PWM or no, more windings equals more accumulated heat potential, especially since they can't do sub 1ms duty cycles in hold due to hardware limitations of their boardsets. Spooky has some of the highest coil temps over time out there. I thought they'd be addressing that any way they can. But, maybe The Warden has better duty cycle timing ability. We shall see.

Better for selling your expensive fan kits though

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Surely the amount of power needed for those upper flippers is low enough to prevent excessive heat on those two even under prolonged play though.

#481 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Better for selling your expensive fan kits though

I'd rather see them dial back the coil heat over time, actually. It's excessive on Spooky. For a lot of Stern Spike coil cooling is optional because they were smart in designing Spike2 so there is almost no heat accumulation in hold. Not so Spooky. If you play them for long sessions, you're getting excessive temps and fade, and if you're a trap player you're getting it fast.

I mean, if Spooky WANTS to keep putting out pins that fade when there are ways to mitigate that with advance planning, I have a solution to cool them and eliminate fade that works great. But I'd prefer Spooky (and everyone making pins) designed their machines to get the temps under control in long play sessions. It seems like putting lower strength coils on the upper playfield where the huge power isn't needed would help toward managing power (and maybe cost a bit).

For comparison, JJP uses a FL-11722 for the upper GnR and PotC playfields. That's even one more notch below the FL-11630 that I think would work well on Spooky's upper Scooby PF. Putting two FL-11629s up there is way overpowered for such a small playfield area.

Quoted from bobukcat:

Surely the amount of power needed for those upper flippers is low enough to prevent excessive heat on those two even under prolonged play though.

We'll see. They will be tested, and as always, I will share the results. I have a reasonably low number in the 300s, so it shouldn't be too long before I can get to it.

#482 1 year ago

They ARE running a new board with this title so perhaps they may have already mitigated the hold temp situation

Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd rather see them dial back the coil heat over time, actually. It's excessive on Spooky. For a lot of Stern Spike coil cooling is optional because they were smart in designing Spike2 so there is almost no heat accumulation in hold. Not so Spooky. If you play them for long sessions, you're getting excessive temps and fade.
I mean, if Spooky WANTS to keep putting out pins that fade when there are ways to mitigate that with advance planning, I have a solution to cool them and eliminate fade that works great. But I'd prefer Spooky (and everyone making pins) designed their machines to get the temps under control in long play sessions. It seems like putting lower strength coils on the upper playfield where the huge power isn't needed would help toward managing power (and maybe cost a bit).

We'll see. They will be tested, and as always, I will share the results.

#483 1 year ago

And also so what if the upper flippers fade. Look at what you’re shooting (ie not ramps) and git good

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

They ARE running a new board with this title so perhaps they may have already mitigated the hold temp situation

That's why I mentioned The Warden (the name of the board). It SEEMS from past comments made by Spooky people that it also will be limited to only 1ms minimum duty cycles, but we'll see. The lower playfield is open with not a lot of close shots, so that bodes well for temps not getting out of hand too quickly.

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Dunno, we'll see. The 11629 they're using has 400 more turns of wire than the 11630 to hold the heat from the last time they were energized. Less unnecessary turns is less places to store residual heat.

#486 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno, we'll see. The 11629 they're using has 400 more turns of wire than the 11630 to hold the heat from the last time they were energized. Less unnecessary turns is less places to store residual heat.

Whether it needs the fans or not, I bet there's not enough room for them under the upper playfield.

#487 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Whether it needs the fans or not, I bet there's not enough room for them under the upper playfield.

Exactly. Which is why the implication that I was selling cooling kits with the suggestion was so off-base. Plus, I never recommend cooling kits for upper playfields as they don't really need it because even with fade, if they even get there, the distance is so short, they're fine.

Just wondering why Spooky made a choice that can increase heat in the machine over time and costs a bit more, too, when they could have dropped back 1-2 levels of coil and been fine.

#488 1 year ago

RebelGuitars any chance you can shoot some sweet HD overhead video of scoob play? Jonesing for a fresh vid of some modes and the upper playfield.

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Stern just announced Foo fighters

Stern keeps kicking out turds.

#490 1 year ago

CE #36 shipped out yesterday from Spooky, I've been told

#491 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

CE #36 shipped out yesterday from Spooky, I've been told

Was it a butter?

#492 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

[quoted image]

I ordered the speaker covers, coin door cover, and lockdown bar accent. Getting my game next week (#32 left Kansas City), and hopefully the stuff from wiZard mod in a couple weeks. I also ordered speaker cover and coin door cover for Halloween.
Bought one for my BM66. Great quality.

A694D7AA-EE54-4870-AB7B-02CE4EDD9086 (resized).jpegA694D7AA-EE54-4870-AB7B-02CE4EDD9086 (resized).jpeg
#493 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Photo dump! Can’t get over how beautiful it is!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Best pics I’ve seen so far! Thank you for this. Two great posts.

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd rather see them dial back the coil heat over time, actually. It's excessive on Spooky. For a lot of Stern Spike coil cooling is optional because they were smart in designing Spike2 so there is almost no heat accumulation in hold. Not so Spooky. If you play them for long sessions, you're getting excessive temps and fade, and if you're a trap player you're getting it fast.

I'm a trap player and both my Alice and Halloween have fade issues, I have been playing HW and it is very noticeable. My GB (Spike1) has serious fade. Makes the game unplayable after a while IMO.

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Was it a butter?

No, it wasn't.

#496 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

No, it wasn't.

I can't believe it's not butter.

#497 1 year ago

Quick question, I was wondering if anyone uses precision pinball flippers in their games? I'm on the fence about these and thought I would ask here. Didn't know if some were going to buy them for their Scooby's or not.

#498 1 year ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Quick question, I was wondering if anyone uses precision pinball flippers in their games? I'm on the fence about these and thought I would ask here. Didn't know if some were going to buy them for their Scooby's or not.

Overall I personally really like them, but they definitely give a stiffer feel and that may not be for everyone. It made a bigger difference on some games more than others. I have the bushing and bats on my Lord of the Rings (big difference), on my Stern POTC (can definitely feel it, but not as important) and just the bushing on my TMNT (not a big difference). I may get some new bats for TMNT as well to see if it helps me backhand the left ramp. It did make shots more precise and easier/more consistent to hit. In my opinion the anodized aluminum looks great and worth getting both the bushing and bats.

Once I get my Scooby I’ll see how they feel before making the call, but man some anodized purple bats would look sweet.

#499 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

No, it wasn't.

Going on location?

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'm a trap player and both my Alice and Halloween have fade issues, I have been playing HW and it is very noticeable. My GB (Spike1) has serious fade. Makes the game unplayable after a while IMO.

I haven't tested Ghostbusters yet (on the "to do list"), but like I said before, whether the Heck board, PROC3, or Pinotaur, all stock Spooky have temperature issues, and for most of them it comes on FAST.

Here's Halloween's temp chart. Left flipper enters the fade zone in literally about 10 minutes. Confirms what your experience is.

Halloween_sml.jpgHalloween_sml.jpg

It's super geeky - I think Scooby looks fun, but I'm most excited to see how their new board The Warden manages coil temps for the game in regular play and with lots of hold like a trap player would do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 23.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
There are 11,598 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/10?hl=wastedthelight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.