• Waiting for second hand market 82 votes
    22%

(368 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

48c4891448e1c1de2259a47cc65121c90ab6c1aa (resized).jpg
E0FC5AE8-B879-4A85-AD4D-73E3C65BB629.gif
B40B3788-8595-4021-A265-18903402DB5B (resized).jpeg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

No sell out?

#52 1 year ago

I'm not sure that they ever intend to sell out. They base numbers off what the maximum they think they can do in 18th months. They chose 1969 as a wink to the year, but I don't think they are going to be hurting if they don't pre-sale that many. Per their claims they sold at least 1200-1300 first day which is pretty decent. Granted some of those numbers may be padded by 'selling to distros', but I don't know if that matters since they aren't built yet, so it's not like distros get stuck with machines they can't sell.

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not sure that they ever intend to sell out. They base numbers off what the maximum they think they can do in 18th months. They chose 1969 as a wink to the year, but I don't think they are going to be hurting if they don't pre-sale that many. Per their claims they sold at least 1200-1300 first day which is pretty decent. Granted some of those numbers may be padded by 'selling to distros', but I don't know if that matters since they aren't built yet, so it's not like distros get stuck with machines they can't sell.

I think that once people get a chance to see gameplay or play the game for themselves that the game will sell out. I was fortunate to be able to put a couple of plays on the Scooby proto game last week and I came away impressed. I feel confident in saying that this will be Spooky's best game once it's complete. And I say this as a huge fan of their Rick and Morty game which is bolted to my floor. The game's shots are easy to find and it shoots really smooth and fast.-It feels and shoots nothing like Alice Cooper (which I enjoy but can be a brick-fest). It's easily Spooky's best shooting game. The upper playfield is really fun to play. I love the use of the bookcase diverter and how you can use it to divert the ramp and to catapult the ball. The upper playfield is so large and has so many shots that it kind of feels like its own game. The magnets create a lot of action and it can be challenging to hit the right-most shots because you can't easily trap up with that upper left flipper which makes it lots of fun. The lower playfield is all about flow and the apron locks are actually pretty fun and unique.-It's cool that they can be player controlled. I think the theme immersion in this game is even better than Rick and Morty. It has real clips from the show as well as the voices and the modes that are in the game are both inventive and fit along perfectly with the theme. I think the rule-set will be a lot of fun as It feels like you're playing through an episode of the show. The display/animations on this game are miles ahead of Halloween or Ultra-man. When looking at the game in person it reminds me of a modern day WPC Super-pin. It is completely packed and looks gorgeous in person. It also seems accessible for families as the layout is pretty player friendly compared to something like R&M or AC. I think the game will be a big hit for Spooky as it feels like their most complete package yet on a game and it seems like a game that the whole family will enjoy. Before playing I had no intention of buying this game but now I want one even though I'd have to sell a game or two in order to afford one. It's the first game since Godzilla that I've felt compelled to own. I'll still wait to play a production model on newer code before making the decision for myself, but I think the chances are pretty good that I'll own one in the future.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Plastics
NinjaCamp Mods
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elwood, IL
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 29.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-poll-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.