(Topic ID: 327517)

Scooby Doo “Phantom Lanterns” mod - run starting soon!

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 226 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by gprotein
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0040 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2717 (resized).jpeg
20230716_183709 (resized).jpg
20230716_183758 (resized).jpg
20230716_182612 (resized).jpg
20230716_182538 (resized).jpg
20230716_182528 (resized).jpg
20230716_182602 (resized).jpg
20230710_175554.jpg
IMG_7032 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7031 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7028 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7029 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 1 year ago

Please add me thanks

#202 1 year ago

Please add me to the list !!!

Thank You

#203 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for 2 units

Thank You

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Theoretically yes - the only thing I'd need to check is whether JJP use direct switches like all other modern games. Just checked - looks like they use a matrix for switches on POTC. So the lamps would light okay, but the question is whether they would trigger. I've never had a JJP game here to test

Nice! stumblor ! I'd be happy to test it out when my turn comes up.

#205 1 year ago

Please add me to the ever expanding list!

Thank You

#206 1 year ago

Count me in as well!

#207 1 year ago

I'll take one. Hopefully in 2023. This list is crazy long

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Hi Davey,
I guess with this new project, our Medieval Madness project we are working on probably will be postponed some more, but that's okay as I am tied up with a different pinball project too.
Anyhow thought I might as well jump on this project too, so add me to your list. I can wait more to the end as I put my SD on no rush.

I bought the barrels, and they look great, but it would be even better with lit torches, from "our perspective' with a beam on the back side that illuminates the PF ...just thought of this, and would also be badass for Indy, and other related pins..

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I bought the barrels, and they look great, but it would be even better with lit torches, from "our perspective' with a beam on the back side that illuminates the PF ...just thought of this, and would also be badass for Indy, and other related pins..

MM and Indy would both work out of the box and with no changes required - WPC switches are something we've supported since I first got the Lollypops working on CFTBL

#210 1 year ago

Please add me. Thanks!

#211 1 year ago

Add me please
Thanks

#212 1 year ago

+1 set please. Thanks.

#213 1 year ago

Can You please add me to the list

#214 1 year ago

I'm in too, please.

1 week later
#215 1 year ago

Any fresh news on the lantern mods?

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Any fresh news on the lantern mods?

Waiting on parts to arrive but should have some exciting videos to show in a week or two hopefully.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Waiting on parts to arrive but should have some exciting videos to show in a week or two hopefully.

Can’t wait!! Thank you for another awesome mod!!

#218 1 year ago

Add me for a set please, thank you and Happy Flipping!

#219 1 year ago

I'm probably over a year out on my BSE shipping, but please put me on the list also.

Hoping for good things and a fun game, cheers!

#220 1 year ago

Please add me for a set thank you.

#221 1 year ago

Please add me. Thanks!!

1 week later
#222 1 year ago

Please add me to the list, thanks!

#223 1 year ago

Please add me to the list... Thanks

#224 1 year ago

Please add me also.
Thanks

1 week later
#225 1 year ago

Little teaser in anticipation of the Scooby gameplay reveal this weekend. Excited!

Still some light bleed issues to fix around the hoods, but almost there really, and really happy with the antique brass hoods and handle - they've really elevated it and given it the proper look. Just need the game now - but word is that they are going to be massively delayed to the UK. Hopefully I can get early access to a promo one which should land much sooner, otherwise I'll be imposing on the early receivers in the US who have reached out offering fit assistance. Thanks guys, I'll likely be taking you up on that generous offer!

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Little teaser in anticipation of the Scooby gameplay reveal this weekend. Excited!

Still some light bleed issues to fix around the hoods, but almost there really, and really happy with the antique brass hoods and handle - they've really elevated it and given it the proper look. Just need the game now - but word is that they are going to be massively delayed to the UK. Hopefully I can get early access to a promo one which should land much sooner, otherwise I'll be imposing on the early receivers in the US who have reached out offering fit assistance. Thanks guys, I'll likely be taking you up on that generous offer!

Well done! Open the list!

#227 1 year ago

They look great! Only minor thing that stood out for me was the lens orientation on the back light; it looks like the lines on the ‘headlight lens’ are at an angle..would it not look better with that lens to be straight up and down, like a headlight? Other than that..awesome

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

They look great! Only minor thing that stood out for me was the lens orientation on the back light; it looks like the lines on the ‘headlight lens’ are at an angle..would it not look better with that lens to be straight up and down, like a headlight? Other than that..awesome

Yep that's intentional - I found that the diffusion effect changes depending on the angle of the lens. When angled just slightly off horizontal the lines interact with the LEDs underneath differently, and give a much better flame like effect than when they are dead straight. It's not glued in so you can always change it later if needs be.

#229 1 year ago

Please add me in as well, these look great!!

#230 1 year ago

Can’t wait to get them!

#231 1 year ago

Can you lower the price a tad, now that you have 100’s of orders? Doesn’t seem like a lot of meat on the bone. Honestly asking!

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Can you lower the price a tad, now that you have 100’s of orders? Doesn’t seem like a lot of meat on the bone. Honestly asking!

When setting the price for all my mods, there is a lot of things to take into account - it's really not an arbitrary figure. R&D, 3D printing, metal work, PCB fabrication, cabling, mounts, boxes, printing, import duties, hosting costs, assembly. This is only scratching the surface. There are other mod makers around who offer cheaper products, and that is awesome, and I'm sure they'll be offering something for Scooby too. Just don't expect all the bells and whistles

#233 1 year ago

I was thinking I signed up for one, if I haven’t please add me, thanks!!!

1 week later
#234 1 year ago

I’m in the list?

#236 1 year ago

I Would like one, too!

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from Vanfeexen:

I Would like one, too!

Each kit comes with 3, so you can have 3! Gotcha down, thanks.

#238 1 year ago

Hi
Can you please add me to your list.
Thank you.
Looks amazing

#239 1 year ago

Hi Davey, I'm sorry but can you please remove me from the list? Looks like I won't be getting Scooby Doo after all.

#240 1 year ago

Please add me. Thanks!

#241 1 year ago

Please add me. Thank you

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Hi Davey, I'm sorry but can you please remove me from the list? Looks like I won't be getting Scooby Doo after all.

Sure no problem. Funds been Dangerously redirected ..?

#243 1 year ago

Hi, please remove me also. Not getting into dangerous waters also sadly I am 162 on the list.

#244 1 year ago

I should get my Scooby game in July. Will these lighting mods be released by then?

Also, I see all of the Godzilla mods you make and wish more games I own had Stumblor mods. With that said Scooby is a limited release so will you be making any additional Scooby Mods or is the market to shallow?

Is there anything you need from the customer to help both in this mod and future mods outside of financial commitments?

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

I should get my Scooby game in July. Will these lighting mods be released by then?
Also, I see all of the Godzilla mods you make and wish more games I own had Stumblor mods. With that said Scooby is a limited release so will you be making any additional Scooby Mods or is the market to shallow?
Is there anything you need from the customer to help both in this mod and future mods outside of financial commitments?

Essentially, everything is ready to go at my end - I've finalised all the internal component fit, and the code is ready. The only things left to do is fit test in an actual game (specifically the upper left spotlight where height is tight), and test the switch sensors in a spooky game. Hopefully, a game arrives soon in the UK so I can do those things. Assuming those are done, the only thing left to think about is the spooky release schedule. I'm not sure if starting the run before most people had their games would be a good thing or not?

I think I'll wait till the games here before thinking about anymore mods for it. Some stuff (like the Area 51 building on FF) just jump out at you straight away, as they really play to the strengths of stuff I've done before. Other things are less obvious and and take a bit of familiarity with the game (and the story of the game) to become apparent.

Ideally the company would be in a position to look at more games to work on - and also all the previous work we've done on an ongoing basis, however we're just not at that point yet. Tooling up for a run takes a heap of time, planning, and investment, so adding new mods to that schedule increases that organisational complexity. All boring stuff really, nothing like the fun, frivolous light show of the end result - but all essential stuff to make sure we can keep growing at a manageable pace. Hopefully over the next year I can scale a bit more, and increase the number of mods and games that we're looking at. Scooby, TNA and FF all incoming... so who knows! (Bond got a pass, but Jazzbouche has some *mad* ideas that I'll be helping out with).

Honestly, the support, understanding, patience and enthusiasm is all I need from the customer - and I'm getting that in spades, something for which I'm truly grateful. Appreciate the thought though really!!

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Essentially, everything is ready to go at my end - I've finalised all the internal component fit, and the code is ready. The only things left to do is fit test in an actual game (specifically the upper left spotlight where height is tight), and test the switch sensors in a spooky game. Hopefully, a game arrives soon in the UK so I can do those things. Assuming those are done, the only thing left to think about is the spooky release schedule. I'm not sure if starting the run before most people had their games would be a good thing or not?
I think I'll wait till the games here before thinking about anymore mods for it. Some stuff (like the Area 51 building on FF) just jump out at you straight away, as they really play to the strengths of stuff I've done before. Other things are less obvious and and take a bit of familiarity with the game (and the story of the game) to become apparent.
Ideally the company would be in a position to look at more games to work on - and also all the previous work we've done on an ongoing basis, however we're just not at that point yet. Tooling up for a run takes a heap of time, planning, and investment, so adding new mods to that schedule increases that organisational complexity. All boring stuff really, nothing like the fun, frivolous light show of the end result - but all essential stuff to make sure we can keep growing at a manageable pace. Hopefully over the next year I can scale a bit more, and increase the number of mods and games that we're looking at. Scooby, TNA and FF all incoming... so who knows! (Bond got a pass, but Jazzbouche has some *mad* ideas that I'll be helping out with).
Honestly, the support, understanding, patience and enthusiasm is all I need from the customer - and I'm getting that in spades, something for which I'm truly grateful. Appreciate the thought though really!!

Phil said he was bringing one over before the customer units if you feel like the trip.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Phil said he was bringing one over before the customer units if you feel like the trip.

I definitely do, thanks!

#248 1 year ago

Please add me to your list. Thanks!

#249 1 year ago

Add me to the list, looks great!

#250 1 year ago

Add me please. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-phantom-lantern-mod/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.