(Topic ID: 327517)

Scooby Doo “Phantom Lanterns” mod - run starting soon!

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 226 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by gprotein
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0040 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2717 (resized).jpeg
20230716_183709 (resized).jpg
20230716_183758 (resized).jpg
20230716_182612 (resized).jpg
20230716_182538 (resized).jpg
20230716_182528 (resized).jpg
20230716_182602 (resized).jpg
20230710_175554.jpg
IMG_7032 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7031 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7028 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7029 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7027 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 1 year ago

Please add me to the list.
This time, I'm not one of the latest

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

See you at the Party, Rickter!"

Total Recall (original)--great flick

#103 1 year ago

Hi, add me too please

#104 1 year ago

Have you considered running another PCB at the base of the lamp (90 degrees to the current one so it will “project” on to the playfield?

Either way
Add me please. I’m in

#105 1 year ago

Add me please!

#106 1 year ago

Please Add me

#107 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. Just wired my deposit for the CE five minutes ago, coincidentally.

#108 1 year ago

These look brilliant! Please add me to the list.

#109 1 year ago

Cannot wait! This is perfect!

#110 1 year ago

Looks Great!! I'm definitely in! Please add me to the list. Thank you.

#111 1 year ago

Please add me as well

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from ECanup122:

Would a 4th lamp be able to run off the boards or can they only handle 3? I am curious as the pin has one other spotlight on the left by the robot.

I don't want to speak for Stumblor, but I think that 4th spotlight is pretty well crammed in under the wireforms. I'm not sure a lantern would fit, and it's pretty hidden anyway.

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from ECanup122:

Would a 4th lamp be able to run off the boards or can they only handle 3? I am curious as the pin has one other spotlight on the left by the robot.

Oh snap there's four? Oh I see it now, you're right!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The board can certainly handle four, but I'd have to make a slight cost adjustment to factor in the addition lamp parts - might be closer to £199 as a result. Quick status check from everyone to see if thats ok?

Quoted from Meldenhut:

Have you considered running another PCB at the base of the lamp (90 degrees to the current one so it will “project” on to the playfield?

Oh wow, I like your thinking!! Great idea. I've actually used a couple of 90 degree angled RGB LEDs on a few projects, which could be positioned to project downwards to create that effect. Consider it done.

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I don't want to speak for Stumblor, but I think that 4th spotlight is pretty well crammed in under the wireforms. I'm not sure a lantern would fit, and it's pretty hidden anyway.

Yes this is a very good point. It may all end up looking a bit crammed.

#115 1 year ago

I’m in

#116 1 year ago

Would you please add me to the list? Thank you!

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Yes this is a very good point. It may all end up looking a bit crammed.

Honestly, I think the 4th would appear crammed and not natural. The other 3 lamps are out in the open. Kind of "hanging there" if that makes sense. That 4th is almost hidden away.

#118 1 year ago

Put me on the list; these look great! Thanks!

#119 1 year ago

Honestly, I think the 4th would appear crammed and not natural. The other 3 lamps are out in the open. Kind of "hanging there" if that makes sense. That 4th is almost hidden away.

I'm leaning this way too.

#120 1 year ago

Please put me on the list.
Thank you!

#121 1 year ago

I agree with CoolCatPinball on this one. I think sticking with the original 3 makes more sense and is the more natural choice given the location and layout of the spots.

#122 1 year ago

Can you add me please

Thanks

#123 1 year ago

I agree it would seem like wasted effort to me, if there was 4 I most likely wouldn’t install this one.

#124 1 year ago

PM sent but following the proper process! List me~ and Thank you.

#125 1 year ago

Please add me (before most of the other people here because I'm cool)

#126 1 year ago

I want in please. Thank you

#127 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. Thanks

#128 1 year ago

Please add me to list as well. Thanks

#130 1 year ago

This thread will answer the question of how many games were sold because everyone that bought a game will be buying this mod!

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

[quoted image]
....Oh wow, I like your thinking!! Great idea. I've actually used a couple of 90 degree angled RGB LEDs on a few projects, which could be positioned to project downwards to create that effect. Consider it done.

Awesome, as inspiration I was thinking of something similar to the blue/green underwater shimmer effect as per fathom 2.0, but really with RGB leds anything is possible

2022-12-15_10-47-02 (resized).png2022-12-15_10-47-02 (resized).png
#132 1 year ago

Add me please. Love your Snack Bar mod in my Creature

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Put me down for 2 kits
Magicchiz

I’d like one, and it can ship together with these two.

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Total Recall (original)--great flick

ABOSULTELY A GREAT FLICK...I was a sophmore in highschool when that came out..and the 'just in time for cornflakes' was a classy line from Ronny Cox.. Super underrated film..timeless! (and one of Jerry Goldsmith's awesome scores for it). A Total Recall (orig) pin would be amazing!

#136 1 year ago

Hi can you also add me to the list for this excellent mod? No problem for the price increase with the 4th lantern.

#137 1 year ago

Please add me to the list

#138 1 year ago

Put me on the list

#139 1 year ago

I’m in. Please add me to your list.

#140 1 year ago

Please count me in. Love the Tokyo mod.

#141 1 year ago

I liked the idea of just sending them to spooky, probably not going to happen so Please put me on the list! Thanks

#142 1 year ago

Yes!! I'm finally on a pinball list in the first 50!

#143 1 year ago

Add me to the list please....

#144 1 year ago

Please add me too! Thanks!

#145 1 year ago

Count me in!

#146 1 year ago

I'm in Davey!

#148 1 year ago

Add me pls

#149 1 year ago

I don't want my Scooby-Doo to be missing this either, so ... add me to the list please.

#150 1 year ago

Add me to list for one as well please. Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-phantom-lantern-mod/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.