pasted_image (resized).png
SDflower1 (resized).jpg
SDtag3 (resized).jpg
SDflower2 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Starting up the Scooby Doo mod thread! I had a lot of fun making my usual Rocket City Pinball 3D buttons for this one.

I liked what Spooky did with the Launch button the CE, so I emulated that -- but in 3D! This can be used as a Launch button or a Start button, on any version of the game. CE owners would only need the button itself (without the housing) if they chose to make it their Launch button.

SDtag0text (resized).jpgSDtag0text (resized).jpg

SDtag3 (resized).jpgSDtag3 (resized).jpg

Here's an alternate design for a Start button, representing the Mystery Machine's spare tire cover. I used a pale green for the Standard & Blood Sucker cabinets and a deeper (normal) green for the CE, to try to better match their colors. Includes full housing to replace original button & cover up counterbore.

SDflower1 (resized).jpgSDflower1 (resized).jpg

SDflower2 (resized).jpgSDflower2 (resized).jpg

Now available in my shop:
Dog Tag: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07590-3d-launch-or-start-button-scooby-doo-dog-tag
Mystery Machine version: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07591-3d-start-button-scooby-doo-mystery-machine

#2 1 year ago

Space Kook Ship from The-Hum!

See thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-kook-ship-scooby-mod

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 1 year ago

Phantom Lantern from Stumblor!

See thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-phantom-lantern-mod

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 1 year ago

Looks awesome!!!! You never cease to amaze. Will be getting them all.

#5 1 year ago

Love it! I’m going to buy all 3 of these lol.

#6 1 year ago

I love the dog tag button. Can you make the flowers into flipper buttons?

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I love the dog tag button. Can you make the flowers into flipper buttons?

I haven't yet ventured into flipper button territory; might get there someday...

#8 1 year ago

I absolutely can’t wait to see what mods will out there once the games start arriving.

#9 1 year ago

I already got my Rocket City SD dog tag launch/start and it looks great! I can’t wait to get my game and get this on there

1 month later
#10 1 year ago

Just paid a deposit on Scoob...following this thread!

1 month later
#11 1 year ago

Folks have been asking me for my 3D coin rejects, so here ya go!

How can we keep Scooby Doo motivated to help solve mysteries? With Scooby Snacks, of course!

scoobysnacks (resized).jpgscoobysnacks (resized).jpg

I know, I know, many people are sticklers for accuracy -- but take a look at the picture below ... keeping the Scooby Snack design accurate to the original cartoon would give you coin rejects with weird brown lumps on them.

scoobysnackfromcartoon (resized).jpgscoobysnackfromcartoon (resized).jpg

So yes, I took some artistic license here. First I literally scanned a real dog biscuit for the basic shape, and updated it into a fun 3D form from there. I also added the SD in case there was any confusion who these were for!

milkbone (resized).jpgmilkbone (resized).jpg

Now available in my shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08180-3d-coin-reject-buttons-scooby-doo

#12 1 year ago

Spooky missed to opportunity to post that Scrappy is being added as an April fools joke.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

How can we keep Scooby Doo motivated to help solve mysteries? With Scooby Snacks, of course!
[quoted image]
I know, I know, many people are sticklers for accuracy -- but take a look at the picture below ... keeping the Scooby Snack design accurate to the original cartoon would give you coin rejects with weird brown lumps on them.
[quoted image]
So yes, I took some artistic license here. First I literally scanned a real dog biscuit for the basic shape, and updated it into a fun 3D form from there. I also added the SD in case there was any confusion who these were for!
[quoted image]
Now available in my shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08180-3d-coin-reject-buttons-scooby-doo

You do amazing work!!

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I would be curious to see what the other color combos look like

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I would be curious to see what the other color combos look like

I can probably sneak a few in, in between prior orders I'm trying to catch up on. We're you considering certain colors in particular, so I can go straight to those?

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I can probably sneak a few in, in between prior orders I'm trying to catch up on. We're you considering certain colors in particular, so I can go straight to those?

The coin door is that lime green color so not sure what would look best there. Purple maybe or some shade of blue perhaps. Not really sure to be honest

Btw can confirm my button order through FB when you get a moment. I sent PayPal the other day for the Scooby buttons

Thx

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

The coin door is that lime green color so not sure what would look best there. Purple maybe or some shade of blue perhaps. Not really sure to be honest
Btw can confirm my button order through FB when you get a moment. I sent PayPal the other day for the Scooby buttons
Thx

Printing a purple set right now, though looking at the art around the coin door (and that BAC slime some folks are getting), perhaps a dark blue or light blue might be better. Will run a blue set later. The other two printers are running items for existing orders, so will have to work serially.

And yes, I received your other order, I have it on my order tracker. Those will ship once my inventory gets back from Texas Pinball Festival, likely later this week.

#18 1 year ago

Purple and blue shown with green, per request above

Screenshot_20230402_181130_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230402_181130_Gallery (resized).jpg
#19 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Purple and blue shown with green, per request above[quoted image]

Those look good just have to see how they would do on that lime green coin door.

Thanks

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Those look good just have to see how they would do on that lime green coin door.
Thanks

Unfortunately I don't have the game myself, and won't be near one for about two more weeks. If you purchase one color and don't like it, you can exchange it!

1 week later
#21 1 year ago

Outpost Kodelia and NinjaCamp have released our first few mods for Scooby Doo! These mods focus on updating some of the non-sculpted plastic bits on and around the upper playfield to refreshed three dimensional detailed pieces. Check out the listings below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/08272-scooby-doo-mine-spotlights
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/08270-scooby-doo-sculpted-upgrades

Collection (resized).jpgCollection (resized).jpg

We will likely have a few more to announce later as well, but we wanted to get these out to you right away.

Thanks!
Kaydee @ OutpostKodelia

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-mod-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.