Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by v8torino
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you be interested in a Scooby Doo Haunted Pinball based on the classic Hanna Barbera 60's-70's cartoon”

• Jersey Jack Pinball with LCD $7000 model 68 votes
      38%
    • Stern Pro $4200 model coin op route version 42 votes
      23%
    • Stern Premium with new LED color DMD or small LCD $5800 model 71 votes
      39%

(Multiple choice - 181 votes by 169 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0218 (resized).JPG
    la-et-mn-scooby-doo-live-action-reboot-warner-bros-20140618 (resized).jpeg
    e9ae3c_1669508.jpg
    ScoobyDooTNM110.png
    Gett_Some.gif
    velma.jpg
    What_a_night_for_a_knight_title.png
    Scooby-Doo-Wallpaper-scooby-doo-522721.jpg
    Scooby-Doo-Halloween-Wallpaper.jpg
    scoobydoo.jpg
    There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 12 years ago

I'd buy it - just so long as that little 'Scrappy' dog isn't included. Love the original - but hated it when they added a talking dog. The only cartoon I liked better as a kid was Johnny Quest. ...so very un-PC in today's world.

#52 12 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I'd buy it - just so long as that little 'Scrappy' dog isn't included.

Oh you'd be forced to sit through "P-p-p-p-puppy Power Multiball" for sure!

#53 12 years ago

I like the idea. If it is done I might make that investment.

#54 12 years ago

I would buy one if it weren't for those meddlesome kids.

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I'd buy it - just so long as that little 'Scrappy' dog isn't included. Love the original - but hated it when they added a talking dog. The only cartoon I liked better as a kid was Johnny Quest. ...so very un-PC in today's world.

+1, Johnny Quest was the best ! But Scooby has more of a following and still active to this day with Warner and Cartoon Network.

#56 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

+1, Johnny Quest was the best ! But Scooby has more of a following and still active to this day with Warner and Cartoon Network.

Man you are old

#57 12 years ago
    Quoted from MMuller:

Man you are old []

watch out! I used to watch Johnny Quest-great cartoon!!!

#58 12 years ago
    Quoted from MMuller:

mnpinball said:+1, Johnny Quest was the best ! But Scooby has more of a following and still active to this day with Warner and Cartoon Network.
    Man you are old

If you watched the Thunderbirds as a kid then you are real old !

#59 12 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

It's a good idea.. but there's no poll option for "No thanks".

Same here, your post asks a yes or no question but you only post yes options, not for me. The show bored me because it was the same thing over and over. I think a Road Runner/Coyote would be better if you are thinking toons. I am 40 and saw Scooby but never liked it.

#60 12 years ago

I made a few Scooby-Doo games a few years ago, and you can definitely go deep with only a few rules that fit in well with the property - switches, levers, trapdoors, mine carts, finding clues and a handful of ghosties with a big reveal. Would be great in a pin to have a few different reveals to make it a new experience each time you hit the jackpot.

#61 12 years ago

I think Thumbcandy is spot on, fill the game with lots of trapdoors, levers, moving bookcases, ramps, and such and maybe make the modes solving some of their most popular original mysteries like: Miner Forty-Niner, Black Knight, Captain Cutler, Phantom, Redbeard's Ghost, etc. Each mystery would require moving through a different sequence of trap doors, bookcases, switches, levers, and ramps, so the game play could be at least somewhat intuitive, unlike some recent pin modes (hit the flashing Transformer lane 11 times). The music and video would be a no brainer, straight from the cartoons.

#62 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

The show bored me because it was the same thing over and over. I think a Road Runner/Coyote would be better if you are thinking toons.

Scooby Doo is not for everybody, but same thing over and over? When did the coyote ever catch the road runner?

At least there was a little mystery in Scooby Doo.

#63 12 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

+1 No 'Scrappy'....Probably wouldn't buy one new, would look for a HUO soon after that someone was moving...

3 years later
    #64 8 years ago

Bumping this one, because it needs to be made.

#65 8 years ago

No doubt. My 4 year old ordered every season on demand without my wife or my approval. Love the show though and I'd have to buy it.

#66 8 years ago

I would also have to buy one. The Scooby Doo theme is timeless.

#67 8 years ago

Count me in. Absolute no brainer.

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Bumping this one, because it needs to be made.

Adjust those 3 year old prices. $5800 LE's left the building with the Rollng Stones.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Adjust those 3 year old prices. $5800 LE's left the building with the Rollng Stones.

Can't change the poll, but yeah crazy how things have gone in 3 years

#71 8 years ago

You had me at $5800 LE

#72 8 years ago

Great theme, art could be awesome, call outs would be epic! Someday dream pin for my family.

#73 8 years ago

would be the " BEST PIN EVER "

#74 8 years ago

Keep Scoob idea alive

#75 8 years ago

Where do I send my deposit check?

#76 8 years ago

$5800 LE!!!! I'm in.

#77 8 years ago

Base it off the movie to keep the tradition of crappy movie license-based pinball alive.

#78 8 years ago

There are many different Scooby Doo shows to theme it from. Personally, I would prefer their original mysteries version of the game. Just please keep Scrappy Doo out of it, even as a bash toy.

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Great plan, perfect theme....add some hot Velma?? haha
    velma.jpg

Bump for hot Velma....oh, that could taken the wrong way

#80 8 years ago

Look at those prices, on par dollar, how things have changed

4 weeks later
    #81 8 years ago

This is a title I think Spooky should make. Im calling out Charlie and Ben! Give this title the spooky treatment.

#82 8 years ago

Original cartoon only please. Seriously a perfect theme.

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Where do I send my deposit check?

Not sure but it seems the license has been secured

#84 8 years ago

Like, zoinks, it's gotta be made. This would be my first NIB.

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Not sure but it seems the license has been secured

I'd take a Scooby snack please

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinJump:

I'd be a buyer Spooky?

I could probably make a Stern Pro price work with a lot of effort. Spooky is a touch out of my realistic budget right now, but, for this theme, I'd figure something out.

#87 8 years ago

I'd really not want spooky to do this title unless they were doing a run of at least 1000 or more. I really like spooky but a title like this should not be a limited run. If made from the original shows I'd love to see a widebody JJP game if they get their stuff together. Stern with an lcd would be nice also.

#88 8 years ago

It's astonishing to me that this hasn't already been a pin. The source material is literally freaking perfect for a pin. Not to mention, it's perfect for adults with the nostalgia factor, and for kids because it's Scooby Doo.

2 weeks later
    #89 8 years ago

This would truly be probably the best idea every for a pinball machine. I would definitely buy one if the price was under $6,000. What is so great about Scooby Doo is the popularity lasts forever too. Been around since the 60's and always popular.

#90 8 years ago

Has everyone seen this video?? Scooby Doo pinball. Was this just limited produced? Custom done??

#91 8 years ago

It's limited to whoever wants to download it!

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-71-scooby_doo

1 month later
    #92 8 years ago
    Quoted from tmntrule999:

Has everyone seen this video?? Scooby Doo pinball. Was this just limited produced? Custom done??
    » YouTube video

cool

#93 8 years ago

Very cool, especially with JT and Yeti with the real thing coming.

#94 8 years ago

A Scooby-Doo pin would be awesome i still buy all the new Scooby-Doo movies that come out.

#95 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Very cool, especially with JT and Yeti with the real thing coming.

You are spreading that rumor lol

Ok cool but prices on that survey will need to be ajust. 4 years ago prices are unfortunatly not the same anymore

3 months later
    #96 7 years ago

Bump to keep hope alive.

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Bump to keep hope alive.

I second this motion

#98 7 years ago

Spooky can just retheme amh for game four.

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from Flato:

I second this motion

I Scooby Dooby Dooooo the motion!

#100 7 years ago

Would be a good theme. Please stick to the original theme from the late 60's. No Scrappy, Don Knotts, etc.......

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-haunted-funland-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.