(Topic ID: 335337)

Scooby Doo ??? (why are there so many preorders for sale)

By cnuts13

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jeffro01
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_mslhjeW1gV1sg01v3o1_500.gif
    SD (resized).png
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why would you go anywhere for game recommendations?

You know what I meant... Come on... Pinside is like any other online forum where people say something sucks and then the pile on begins without ever actually giving the game a chance. Your Stranger Things is one, JJP POTC, etc... This entire thread falls under that guise, a few people have decided that Spooky sucks and they've made it a crusade to bash them every opportunity they get while completely ignoring the consistent issues companies like Stern and JJP has. That was my point entirely. I thought it was obvious... Guess not...

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

My point is you got a whole bunch of assumptions.

Its called reading... LOL... Yikes...

#53 1 year ago

Is it really that much different than any other title? The number of Scooby, Godfather and Foo ads are almost the same. (12~14 each).

Bond on the other hand - 54 ads, Guns and Roses - 48 ads. Starting a thread about those would make more sense.

BTW - I own Bond, GnR and Scooby and they are all great games.

#54 1 year ago

Spooky is just a small company with a lot of weird issues that people (especially noobs) aren’t expecting or ready to deal with.

Have issues with a stern? Most likely hundreds of others have had the same issue and the fix will be relatively easy.

With spooky changing how they do things with each game, makes it harder to get well versed in their processes and products. For us and them.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Is it really that much different than any other title?

Not really. Nor is it diff'rent then all the other threads with the same name but diff'rent game.

#56 1 year ago

Once sorted out of the box, do Spooky games hold up or parts on past games hard to come by?

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Some of the replies here are hilarious and from the same group of people that no matter what game Spooky produced they'd shit all over it just out of habit. I haven't played it so I can't comment on the game itself but I can tell you I'm extremely happy with my Halloween but that's the only Spooky title I own so can't really say much about game to game manufacturing consistency. Pinside is the last place I'd ever go for game recommendations, far too many people here are biased to an extreme so you never really know what kind of an opinion you're getting.

Well I saw you downvoted my post. I don't shit on Spooky for haha's. I love them as a company. I don't think I have a reputation for shitting on spooky. In fact I think I've rarely commented on their games. Heres the facts. You haven't played the game, I have played it a lot. So it seems if we are having a fanboy vs hater argument, I think I have a lot more ammo than you do.

Quoted from BallLocks:

This is by far and away Spookys best game to date, and as long as they don't re-run it, will be their most valuable as well. .

I don't forsee this game overtaking Rick and Morty as their most valuable ever. In fact I find that notion laughable. Even if Scooby ends up being a great game in the end, they made almost 2000 of them vs what, 750 Scott Danesi R&M?

#58 1 year ago

It's been out on location for a bit so more people have had a chance to play it.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ribs:

It's been out on location for a bit so more people have had a chance to play it.

Is that true? I thought they have only shipped out less than 300 to this point?

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

Is that true? I thought they have only shipped out less than 300 to this point?

Pinball Map shows it's out at 32 locations around the US. My location has had it for about a month now I think.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Well I saw you downvoted my post. I don't shit on Spooky for haha's. I love them as a company. I don't think I have a reputation for shitting on spooky. In fact I think I've rarely commented on their games. Heres the facts. You haven't played the game, I have played it a lot. So it seems if we are having a fanboy vs hater argument, I think I have a lot more ammo than you do.

Not that it matters but since you brought it up, I did that because your review went counter to anything else out there. Seems like everyone else who has played this title has loved it but I think it's fair to be critical of a downvote in this situation.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

I did that because your review went counter to anything else out there.

There have been many who this game didnt click with and posted their thoughts on several threads here. This goes for every new release.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

...Seems like everyone else who has played this title has loved it...

FFS. Typical fan boy shit.
    Everyone that doesn't like hasn't played it because everyone that plays it has loved it.
    But oh right...the rest of pinside is the problem

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Not that it matters but since you brought it up, I did that because your review went counter to anything else out there. Seems like everyone else who has played this title has loved it but I think it's fair to be critical of a downvote in this situation.

My hot take is anyone that likes it (and I have met a few at my location) hasn't figured out yet that you can just spam captain cutler multliball over and over again, and/or doesn't even understand how any of the weird modes work they just shoot the ball around and hear the cute noises. Aka noobs and casuals or people who just aren't good at pinball. Even those that I have met that are none of those things, they are excited for shiny new game and its special because you don't see them all over the place yet, then once they've played it for a while, enough to understand what is going on, their opinion changes. I've seen that happen at least 6 or 7 times now.

Most of the people who have played it and given it glowing reviews, only have a handful of games on it at a show or they are an owner who has received their game already and of course they are still in the convincing themselves it was money well spent stage. Both of those examples should be taken with a grain of salt.

Are there people who will like the game that actually understand it, and get past all the weird stuff going on with it? I have no doubt. Will code improve the game in the future, sure I think so. But is it ever going to be an amazing game? I kinda have my doubts and I think objectively right now its easy to say it has a long long way to go.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

FFS. Typical fan boy shit.
    Everyone that doesn't like hasn't played it because everyone that plays it has loved it.
    But oh right...the rest of pinside is the problem

Deleted, not worth it.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

My hot take is anyone that likes it (and I have met a few at my location) hasn't figured out yet that you can just spam captain cutler multliball over and over again, and/or doesn't even understand how any of the weird modes work they just shoot the ball around and hear the cute noises. Aka noobs and casuals or people who just aren't good at pinball. Even those that I have met that are none of those things, they are excited for shiny new game and its special because you don't see them all over the place yet, then once they've played it for a while, enough to understand what is going on, their opinion changes. I've seen that happen at least 6 or 7 times now.
    Most of the people who have played it and given it glowing reviews, only have a handful of games on it at a show or they are an owner who has received their game already and of course they are still in the convincing themselves it was money well spent stage. Both of those examples should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Are there people who will like the game that actually understand it, and get past all the weird stuff going on with it? I have no doubt. Will code improve the game in the future, sure I think so. But is it ever going to be an amazing game? I kinda have my doubts and I think objectively right now its easy to say it has a long long way to go.

Thank you for a reasonable response, no arguments here. When I get to play it someday maybe I'll agree, may be I won't, but that's irrelevant.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Scooby is just a small company with a lot of weird issues that people (especially noobs) aren’t expecting or ready to deal with.
    Have issues with a stern? Most likely hundreds of others have had the same issue and the fix will be relatively easy.
    With spooky changing how they do things with each game, makes it harder to get well versed in their processes and products. For us and them.

Certainly would be nice to see more standardization between titles, more consistency in assembly and on the line changes, no arguments there.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.