Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello- Wondering if anyone can help. When I squarely hit the Scoleri Brothers targets, they often stay up, however, if I skim them on the sides or non-direct hits, they tend to go down. Any way to get them more consistent?

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Some people buy and install new springs from Pinball Life.

While some others, myself included, have 'tightened' the currently installed springs by hooking them about 10 rungs of the spring tighter.

#3 6 years ago

I made a video showing the modification the way DRUTHEFU explained it by adjusting the springs. The Pinball Life springs did not work for me

#4 6 years ago

I had the pinball life ones on and they were too strong. The left target wouldn't stay up at all and the right would drop even if a ball lightly hit the back of it. I did the strengthening thing with he original springs but still get some bricks on squarely hit shots whereas glancing blows seem to be better. Gonna try and tweak it more. At this point I'd rather have them fall down too easily as that is way more fun than bricking shots off them and definitely helps the scoring out better!

#5 6 years ago

Just backhand the targets... 6/10 times i can hit both in one shot with a light backhand toss. If that doesn't work the backhand hit moves to the opposite flipper almost every time (it's a quick catch)

#6 6 years ago

One issue I'm having is the right drop target doesn't come up, anyone else experience this and have a fix?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from beepbeep:

One issue I'm having is the right drop target doesn't come up, anyone else experience this and have a fix?

If the spring has been replaced with the ones from Pinball life it can just be that the spring is too strong. When I installed them on mine the left one worked fine, but the right one would never come up because the spring was just too strong.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

If the spring has been replaced with the ones from Pinball life it can just be that the spring is too strong. When I installed them on mine the left one worked fine, but the right one would never come up because the spring was just too strong.

I still have the factory springs on

1 week later
#9 6 years ago
Quoted from beepbeep:

I'm experiencing the same, but I cant seem to figure out the fix yet. I tried stretching the spring a bit, no luck. I see it tries to pop up, but then drops right back down. I'll call Stern on Monday and report back here.

-=s

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from scheiny:

I'll call Stern on Monday and report back here.

Just talked with Chas at Stern. He showed me there is a "ledge" that the Scoleri rests on when "up" Compare the non broken side to the broken one, and you will set it was likely over tightened at the factory, and it may have broken. Without the ledge which is a small plastic piece screwed into the bottom of the play field, the drop target doesn't have anything to grab onto, and it will fall back down every time.

Call Chas and he will send you a new part to fix it, no charge.

5 months later
#11 6 years ago

My right hand Scoleri Brother does not pop up at least half the time. All appears normal and I have checked for loose connections. The left brother works every time. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks for any help.

#12 6 years ago

All the machines I play the targets are not a problem since the op's disable them for many reasons.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scoleri-brothers-targets-issue-ghostbusters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.