Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
70F9B5B1-803B-412E-8DC2-3F01291F331F (resized).jpeg
IMG_1097 (resized).JPG
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).JPG
IMG_1100 (2) (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider srcdube.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So I wanted to put drink holders on my pins, but didn't like the options that were already out there. I went out and got two of these Schwinn bicycle drink holders that I put on my bike last year.

Had to sacrifice two small holes in the metal legs (would never drill into the wood cabinet!). I didn't want to use the corner leg bolts and have the holders sticking out to get snapped off, but you could probably do that if you drilled the holes in the holder a bit bigger.

Best feature is that they are EXPANDABLE! and can accommodate both men's and ladies drinks!

Happy pinballing!

IMG_1097 (resized).JPGIMG_1097 (resized).JPG
IMG_1099 (resized).JPGIMG_1099 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).JPGIMG_1098 (resized).JPG
IMG_1100 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_1100 (2) (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I wish I’d thought of that before spending a thousand bucks on my drink holder.

... and it's too far away... and it's not Crazy Climber... what were you thinkin'?

#15 6 years ago

Um... the wine bottle was a joke...yeesh!

Both are keepers. I'm not in it for resale value. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Play nice!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Sorry, I don’t get drilling holes for these when you can get pingulps for about the same price.
What didn’t you like about them?

Mostly shipping costs to be absolutely truthful, but I also like the adjustable fit instead of one size fits all. I tried other holders in an arcade (not sure if they were official pingulps or not) and didn't like the way my bottle was rolling around in it. I can live with a couple holes in a leg. A replacement leg is probably the same price as a pingulp or schwinn holder....$50 for 4 brand new legs... maybe less than a pingulp for an original from a pinball graveyard? I don't think the next buyer would worry about replacing a leg if they were a connoisseur. My Paragon had a busted display when I bought it... so I just replaced it...fair trade off for getting one with an almost perfect playfield instead of one worn down to the lumber.

Anyway, they ain't going nowhere except on to one of my kids when I croak. Didn't expect the backlash, but I guess some people take it a bit more seriously than I do... which is fine. Different strokes I guess. Glad people found it interesting enough to participate in the conversation either way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider srcdube.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/schwinn-bottle-holders-for-my-pins?tu=srcdube and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.