• Vinny 1 vote
    11%
  • Drums hurt my ears 1 vote
    11%
  • Drums hurt my neighbor's ears 4 votes
    44%
  • You make the call 1 vote
    11%

(Multiple choice - 9 votes by 8 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6877AF73-860B-4639-910D-106B73E17ED6 (resized).jpeg
h5-teachers-union-prepared-strike-if-schools-arent-made-safe-coronavirus (resized).jpg
761ccb607604b33b0c0ae16316e0a4f1.494x494x1 (resized).jpg
cozy-powell-500 (resized).jpg
03D06FB9-3B77-4107-8065-714C852DDA5A (resized).png
ac985f6a90bf23c3b76b6ccab266039e.gif
red-ribbon-pennsylvania-punch (resized).png
7F769D47-9045-44B4-BA4B-83A82543446F (resized).jpeg
1992-07-12 Flyer (resized).jpg
A7368AC5-106A-4251-9BB4-E9A30734606C (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
frampton (resized).jpg
4779D1F5-F5E9-45B6-A803-CF217FC6448B (resized).jpeg
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

#2 3 years ago

There’s gonna be a lot of Odin threads tonight

I’m strapped in and have a drink in hand

#3 3 years ago

I wish I would have seen him in the 70's. My brother saw him in Vegas in 1978. From the Inside tour. Great album.

#4 3 years ago

It was a news story I just saw that reminded me of this. They had pinball and other amusements backstage.

1 week later
#5 3 years ago

School's been blown to pieces.

#6 3 years ago

School's out for corona!

#7 3 years ago

When Students returned to UNC it was a special time for all Employees. This is our reason for being! Everything worked with clockwork, much like Disneyworld. The smell of a University like Carolina is very special. Each Building had its own individual odor,
To think a Quirk could disrupt this, make it Legend is simply preposterous.
Yet it is happening.

#8 3 years ago

O-din: who were the other acts on this tour/venue?

I saw him in NYC at MSG in 73. Flo and Eddie ie The Turtles were the backup. My first of many concerts. Dancing teeth and toothbrush along with all the other stage antics. Memorable to this day.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

O-din: who were the other acts on this tour/venue?

Alice Cooper, The Tubes, Nazareth, Sha Na Na

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The smell of a University like Carolina is very special. Each Building had its own individual odor,

What I remember about school was drinking fountains with lead pipes that weren't even fit to use as a birdbath, and that stinky cafeteria serving green hamburgers.

Lot more peaceful around here without all the cars and mini vans racing up and down the street dropping their kids off at school. Then, in the afternoon doing the same routine. Back in the day, we walked or rode our bikes.

#11 3 years ago

When I was assistance fitness director at a gym here in the early 80’s Alice Cooper worked out there for 5 days. He was an extremely nice guy.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

When I was assistance fitness director at a gym here in the early 80’s Alice Cooper worked out there for 5 days. He was an extremely nice guy.

Was that after he sobered up, or was he just burning off the alcohol and whatever else he was doing at the time? He was pretty out there for a while.

#13 3 years ago

Great lineup. I’ve seen the tubes 4 or 5 times. Saw them back in the day. That was a stage show to remember. Never saw the other two. I am a Bowser fan.

#14 3 years ago

They had several multiple band festivals at Anaheim Stadium back in the day. I went to a few including one of Skynyrd's very last before the fatal plane crash. That was the beginning of the Street Survivors tour. Also on the bill that day were Ted Nugent on the Cat Scratch tour, Foreigner's first album tour, and REO Speedwagon before they got to be whatever they got to be.

Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I’ve seen the tubes 4 or 5 times. Saw them back in the day. That was a stage show to remember.

Indeed.

#15 3 years ago

A few highlights when I saw Alice Cooper opening for Motley Crue a few years back:

Shortly after entering, I saw a hammered girl fall down. she was wearing a dress, and no panties!!! Yay!!!!

Alice Cooper made Motley Crew sound like amatures....the guy killed it. GREAT show.

Motley Crue should have hired a different sound engineer. I am a professional audio dude, and the gain was set to high on everything...

#16 3 years ago

I saw him do the Welcome to my Nightmare tour at the Forum on the day school got out for summer. June1975. Brother is a conservative attorney. His secretary laughed as she told me that when my brother found out Alice Cooper was coming into the office as a client his question was, "He doesn't have snakes with him does he"?

#17 3 years ago

Last time I saw Alice was in 1991 at Irvine Meadows with Judas Priest, Motorhead, Metal Church, and Dangerous Toys (Sportin' a Woody).

What a lineup!!!

Looks like someone was filming that night.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Dangerous Toys

Their videos keep playing on an app I run at home.

#19 3 years ago

Goddam Alice Cooper sometimes nearly brought tears to my eyes. Don't know how many times Only Women Bleed almost got me weeping when I had barely even sprouted pubes. And the DJ dude in high school used to play Go To Hell at lunchtime over the loudspeakers.

Someone should make an Alice Cooper pinball machine someday.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Last time I saw Alice was in 1991 at Irvine Meadows with Judas Priest, Motorhead, Metal Church, and Dangerous Toys (Sportin' a Woody).
What a lineup!!!
Looks like someone was filming that night.

I miss Irvine Meadows. Was a great place to see bands. So many great show there before they built condos there.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I miss Irvine Meadows. Was a great place to see bands. So many great show there before they built condos there.

Yes, sound quality was great. From a Doobie Brothers reunion to a Crosby Stills and Nash show with David Crosby bragging about his new liver to Queensryche on the original Operation Mindchrime tour and beyond, it was just too convenient not to go.

#22 3 years ago

Here’s my tickets from the show that didn’t happen in April of this year .

4779D1F5-F5E9-45B6-A803-CF217FC6448B (resized).jpeg4779D1F5-F5E9-45B6-A803-CF217FC6448B (resized).jpeg
#23 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Here’s my tickets from the show that didn’t happen in April of this year .

I feel way worse for you sir, than my unused Iron Maiden ticket from 1987 at Irvine Meadows. I must have been sick or something.

#24 3 years ago

He was going to be playing right across the street from the Midwest Gaming Classic on that Saturday. Our plan was to watch Alice Cooper then head back over to MGC and play some pinball until about 2am . Would have been a fun night .

#25 3 years ago

Bummer. There will come a time when this virus has run it's course, and we can get back to spreading germs like we used to. And I'm sure Alice will be there too.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bummer. There will come a time when this virus has run it's course, and we can get back to spreading germs like we used to. And I'm sure Alice will be there too.

Jesus Odin that's terrible.
Maybe time for Alice to retire. For me he should have done that 30 years ago.

#27 3 years ago

Saw this in '77, rock and roll finished Anaheim Stadium not baseball.

frampton (resized).jpgframpton (resized).jpg
#28 3 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Saw this in '77, rock and roll finished Anaheim Stadium not baseball.

Funny, that flyer doesn't mention Rick Derringer. And wasn't he the highlight of the day?

#29 3 years ago

Didn't go to this one. I guess you can't see them all.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#30 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Didn't go to this one. I guess you can't see them all.[quoted image]

how much were these tickets selling for at the time you going to these concerts?

#31 3 years ago

$10 average. That's before bands like The Eagles thought it was worth a fortune to see their sorry asses get back up on the stage after 20 years.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

$10 average. That's before bands like The Eagles thought it was worth a fortune to see their sorry asses get back up on the stage after 20 years.

Concerts in Las Vegas were 10 to 15 bucks in the 70's all the time.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Goddam Alice Cooper sometimes nearly brought tears to my eyes. Don't know how many times Only Women Bleed almost got me weeping when I had barely even sprouted pubes. And the DJ dude in high school used to play Go To Hell at lunchtime over the loudspeakers.
Someone should make an Alice Cooper pinball machine someday.

Thankyou for posting that song. I have not heard that one for years. Love it.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Thank you Odin for posting that Alice Cooper song. I have not heard that one for years. Teared me up too..

#35 3 years ago

Desperado was always one of my favorite Cooper songs. Along with the rest of the Killer album.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep! Blew my mind when I saw tickets for the Pink Floyd Animals tour went for $8-10 a ticket at Soldier Field, and 1980 Wall tickets were only $12 in California and NY.

#37 3 years ago

Animals was the way better deal.

Not sure this has ever been posted on pinside or not. Now just need to sit between the speakers.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not sure this has ever been posted on pinside or not. Now just need to sit between the speakers.

Did'nt know you were a Floyd fan. My favorite.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A7368AC5-106A-4251-9BB4-E9A30734606C (resized).jpegA7368AC5-106A-4251-9BB4-E9A30734606C (resized).jpeg
#40 3 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Did'nt know you were a Floyd fan. My favorite.

Were is accurate . Animals was pretty much the end. The Wall concert was a snoozefest. Should have gone to something else or stayed home.

I might do an occasional tribute to Syd though.

Rather hear this.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Was that after he sobered up, or was he just burning off the alcohol and whatever else he was doing at the time? He was pretty out there for a while.

Seemed sober to me. Very personable and calm.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Seemed sober to me. Very personable and calm.

Alice is just one of those kinds of people.

#43 3 years ago

What else could a 29 year old on the cusp of reliving his youth want? Except we decided we never left it.

1992-07-12 Flyer (resized).jpg1992-07-12 Flyer (resized).jpg
#44 3 years ago

The telephone is ringin'.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Funny, that flyer doesn't mention Rick Derringer. And wasn't he the highlight of the day?

I don't remember, I was so effed up I couldn't find my seat until Foghat came on stage.

#46 3 years ago

#47 3 years ago

#48 3 years ago

I had front row tickets for my son and me to see Alice in April - show was cancelled. That was a tough one. I had never seen him before and was really looking forward to that one. Also have tickets for cancelled Roger Waters show tomorrow night.

#49 3 years ago

Only show I had tickets to that was cancelled, well postponed, was Led Zeppelin in 1977. Turned out it ended up in the middle of summer instead of late winter as was planned, and they played for almost 4 hours, so all's well that ended well.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Only show I had tickets to that was cancelled, well postponed, was Led Zeppelin in 1977. Turned out it ended up in the middle of summer instead of late winter as was planned, and they played for almost 4 hours, so all's well that ended well.

2 of us went one night and wow, had to go back the next night. Got another friend and the 3 of us went the next night. We would trade thai sticks for tickets. The driver traded his thai stick for the wrong night as every ticket was dated Feb instead of June. The 2 of us had been the night before, and realized we'd be thumbing at midnight like the characters from the movie Warriors trying to get home. We looked at each other, 17 years old and made one of the smartest decisions of our lives.
ZEP.

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/school-s-out-forever?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.