Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Was hoping someone could shed some light on this one for me. I’ve played this one in person maybe 3 or 4 times, watched a few videos, read the Pinball.org rules and STILL am not convinced I really understand how to play. I always just seem to be hitting the elevator, eventually it asks me to pick someone and I get it right based on a random guess. I love the noir detective stuff and this game seems to shoot fun...I really just don’t get how to approach it. Any tips on how to step up to this one?

#2 4 years ago

It's pinball clue, only less fun.

#3 4 years ago

Shoot the center elevator ramp until this ball returns through the center return of this ramp which gives different awards and even multiball.shoot the phone when it's lit to collect clues or guess killer.This game seems like a lot initially but once you get a few games you'll find it's fairly easy

#4 4 years ago

The suspect is either the person talking or the person they're talking about. Using that you can interview people and deduce who to choose.

Learning the floors and navigating to them at the right times is really important.

Collect revolver to boost mb jackpots

#5 4 years ago

Check the manual on ipdb. It gives the back story, and helps explain what’s going on.

#6 4 years ago

The key is to listen to who the suspects are talking about. I believe they are always talking about either themselves and/or the real murderer. So typically after listening to 2 people talk, you can deduce who the real killer was as both of them should mention the same person.

And now I was on the case!

#7 4 years ago

I believe you shoot the taxi orbit 4 times to get a clue. That lights the phone and then once you shoot it you choose suspects. The left and right sides on the elevator go up and down. The middle exits and you can get a few multiballs if on the right floor.

#8 4 years ago

There's a secret floor that wasn't public knowledge until recently. Pretty cool!

http://tiltforums.com/t/whodunnit-secret-floor/3022

KME posted about it:

Once you collect a floor on WD the elevator no longer will stop on it. After collecting floor 3 press both flippers 3 times to manually stop the elevator on floor 3 while the animation arrow is passing floor 3 on the dmd (ie moving from floor 2 to 4) Shoot center to collect the secret floor mania.

#9 4 years ago

Most of the time you can soft launch in an attempt to get the skill shot, which is a huge payoff. Even if you miss you should be able to let the ball drain and re-attempt.

Unfortunately W?D lacks a wizard mode, which would have been great. If you cycle through all five cases, it just re-sets to the beginning

#10 4 years ago

Very fun and underrated game.

#11 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. I think what the floors were actually doing in the game was the piece I was missing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/school-me-on-who-dunnit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.