1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by SBrothers
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8AA411F3-A995-41E1-A910-84170A3A3B29 (resized).jpeg
    892E695E-16BE-44AF-B07A-DF793053CE0A (resized).jpeg
    B4AEC490-20BB-451D-A142-05B2F81A0422 (resized).jpeg
    89973553-BB39-4131-9CB0-AE863621FD7F (resized).jpeg
    6C45CA8D-9443-40C8-9186-472EFC135B83 (resized).jpeg
    1178A2FC-B8CD-4D52-BC9F-EBD6167CA72B (resized).jpeg
    C72183A1-A192-489A-9ED0-2BD041195CC5 (resized).jpeg
    s-l300 (resized).jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Will be in downtown Nashville for work with a few evenings free.

Looks like lots of Bullshit barcades but No Quarter seems to have a nice divey vibe to it.

How about BBQ? I need some good bbq as there is none in New York.

#2 1 year ago

Get some cowboy boots and sexy jorts

#3 1 year ago

Do you have transportation?

Get some Hattie B's hot chicken, if you like spicy fried chicken.

If you like Mediterranean food, go to Greko Greek Street Food, we went there a couple times on our long weekend there. It was so good.

For BBQ, you can't beat Edley's.

Acme Feed and Seed is totally overrated.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks like lots of Bullshit barcades but No Quarter seems to have a nice divey vibe to it.

We have a tourney at No Quarter on Thursday nights starting at 7pm. Good people, nicely maintained games, and good beer. Also, if you are looking for BBQ Edley's is a block away from No Quarter. 2 birds, 1 stone.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Do you have transportation?
    Get some Hattie B's hot chicken, if you like spicy fried chicken.
    If you like Mediterranean food, go to Greko Greek Street Food, we went there a couple times on our long weekend there. It was so good.
    For BBQ, you can't beat Edley's.
    Acme Feed and Seed is totally overrated.

I'll be doing cabs/uber to get around.

Edley's is right next to No Quarter. Tennessee Drifter is right around the corner how's that place? (it's open later)

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from GuiitarMan:

We have a tourney at No Quarter on Thursday nights starting at 7pm. Good people, nicely maintained games, and good beer. Also, if you are looking for BBQ Edley's is a block away from No Quarter. 2 birds, 1 stone.

Probably won't make it down till around 8 but I'll be happy to watch from the sidelines and say how much better I'd be playing than you guys!

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably won't make it down till around 8 but I'll be happy to watch from the sidelines and say how much better I'd be playing than you guys!

I've never been to Tennessee Drifter so I can't speak on there unfortunately. We also have a selfie league at No Quarter on games that are usually not in the tourney bank so you can still leave your mark of showing off your superior play.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Give Blake Shelton a call, he's your man for this.

#9 1 year ago

The only arcade worth going to for pinball downtown in my opinion is No Quarter. Games are in good shape, vibe is good, several really good players are there often, and the drinks are either really good or with solid local craft beer offerings. Game Galaxy is worth an uber to for the volume of games. As you know all too well with that number they won't be perfect but they do a decent job keeping things running considering the number of games. Some will be freshly shopped but others with be needing several things and be in the q to get worked on.

If you are into beer Smith & Lentz is solid and right across the street from No Quarter. They have a very diverse lineup of beer and all are pretty good. If you are into IPA's Bearded Iris rules the town, if you like some creative wild stuff Southern Grist is also worth visiting for a couple of flights.

For BBQ Edley's is solid but I like Mission and Martin's both better. Peg Leg Porker is sometimes really good and sometimes just ok but is worth trying. I'd probably rank it just a hair above Edley's but it's less consistent.

2nd and Broadway is often a shit show of bachelorette groups, people dressed in ways that no one wants to see, and the guy that has a family but is at a convention at the convention center so he goes crazy and does 3 lines of coke at 10 shots of jack because he hasn't been out of the house is 7 years. It's fun to see if you like the craziness but most locals never really go there anymore. It's more like a mini vegas with drunken 20 year olds everywhere and no gambling. Just don't get ran over by a peddle taven or a tractor pulling a wagon of girls that are yelling Woo for reasons that they can't even explain.

Lots of talented musicians playing all over town so just pick a bar with a cool vibe and enjoy.

#10 1 year ago

It's more tourist-y, but I like Jack's. You can't miss it on Broadway. Rest of my family prefers Edley's.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

The only arcade worth going to for pinball downtown in my opinion is No Quarter. Games are in good shape, vibe is good, several really good players are there often, and the drinks are either really good or with solid local craft beer offerings. Game Galaxy is worth an uber to for the volume of games. As you know all too well with that number they won't be perfect but they do a decent job keeping things running considering the number of games. Some will be freshly shopped but others with be needing several things and be in the q to get worked on.
    If you are into beer Smith & Lentz is solid and right across the street from No Quarter. They have a very diverse lineup of beer and all are pretty good. If you are into IPA's Bearded Iris rules the town, if you like some creative wild stuff Southern Grist is also worth visiting for a couple of flights.
    For BBQ Edley's is solid but I like Mission and Martin's both better. Peg Leg Porker is sometimes really good and sometimes just ok but is worth trying. I'd probably rank it just a hair above Edley's but it's less consistent.
    2nd and Broadway is often a shit show of bachelorette groups, people dressed in ways that no one wants to see, and the guy that has a family but is at a convention at the convention center so he goes crazy and does 3 lines of coke at 10 shots of jack because he hasn't been out of the house is 7 years. It's fun to see if you like the craziness but most locals never really go there anymore. It's more like a mini vegas with drunken 20 year olds everywhere and no gambling. Just don't get ran over by a peddle taven or a tractor pulling a wagon of girls that are yelling Woo for reasons that they can't even explain.
    Lots of talented musicians playing all over town so just pick a bar with a cool vibe and enjoy.

Excellent recon thanks!

Hopefully I can track down the 3 lines of coke guy and we can party! I get out of the house often so I'll steer him right.

Will be hitting a few BBQ places too so thanks for the recommends. If it matters i'm in it for the ribs and the brisket, and smoked BBQ wings if anybody has those.

#12 1 year ago

jgentry is like Fodor's Nashville in 45 seconds.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

This is hilarious!

My wife and I were in the Nashville area in January this year, and really loved it. We've talked about going back again. We were very pleasantly surprised at the rich amount of history and fun things to do. Great city with a great vibe and atmosphere.

I felt similarly about Game Galaxy in Smyrna. The shear volume of games is impressive, but only a handful were set up well enough to play and properly maintained. Most of them I played were either leaning too much or had something wrong with them. We had a rental, so the drive was fine. I wouldn't have paid an uber to get there (and back) if I were in that scenario. I wish I knew about No Quarters when we were there.

#14 1 year ago

When Levi walks in the bar and they can smell the five boroughs on him...

s-l300 (resized).jpg
    #15 1 year ago

Smyrna is about 20-25 miles from Nashville and has Game Galaxy which is one of the most impressive pinball joints ive ever been in.

over 100 pins, a room full of all the solid state heavy hitters as well as a lot of the newer stuff including jjp potc, wonka, black knight (i was there in the summer when it just launched) games were all clean and playing well with new code. the GOT code dropped a few days before I was there and it was on the machine.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Excellent recon thanks!
    Hopefully I can track down the 3 lines of coke guy and we can party! I get out of the house often so I'll steer him right.
    Will be hitting a few BBQ places too so thanks for the recommends. If it matters i'm in it for the ribs and the brisket, and smoked BBQ wings if anybody has those.

Just follow the yells of Woo and you will find him behind the tractor pulling a wagon filled with girls in jean mini skirts and newly purchased cowboy boots.

For smoked wings I think Martin's is by far the best. TN is not really a brisket place but Martin's and Mission both have decent ones, I have not had brisket at Edley's. A place called Butchertown Hall has more of a true Texas style brisket that is good but missing a little of the Texas heat that I like. Peg Leg Porker has solid chicken but is mainly a pork place. That is what the owner knows and does best. Pulled pork and ribs have been solid when I've had them there. I haven't had ribs at any of the other ones. You should at least try some Nashville hot chicken if you like dry spice. A lot of people recommend Hattie B's but I prefer 400 degrees, Party Fowl, Prince's, and Edley's BBQ has really good hot chicken. Another place that is more of a sports bar is Tenn Sixteen Food and Drink Company. Great hot chicken, chicken and waffles, and typically a great local beer list. Always try no more then medium first as most places that is plenty of heat. If you get the hot or the hottest one you have no one to blame but your self when you die of heartburn and a flaming rectum.

Quoted from FatPanda:

This is hilarious!
    My wife and I were in the Nashville area in January this year, and really loved it. We've talked about going back again. We were very pleasantly surprised at the rich amount of history and fun things to do. Great city with a great vibe and atmosphere.
    I felt similarly about Game Galaxy in Smyrna. The shear volume of games is impressive, but only a handful were set up well enough to play and properly maintained. Most of them I played were either leaning too much or had something wrong with them. We had a rental, so the drive was fine. I wouldn't have paid an uber to get there (and back) if I were in that scenario. I wish I knew about No Quarters when we were there.

Nashville is a really fun town to visit. Plenty to do and people love to party here.

#17 1 year ago

Go visit Hickok45...he’ll put a BAR in your hands and make a man out of ya

#18 1 year ago

If you don’t eat some good hot chicken in Nashville, you’re missing out.

If Hattie B’s is super busy, here’s the secret to skip the 1 hour long line: order it to go over the phone, walk past the line, pick it up at the counter and then find a table.

Get the banana pudding.

#19 1 year ago

I’ve landed. And I’m hungry.

Waiting for another New Yorker to arrive. We have to roll strong into this southern Jungle!!

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve landed. And I’m hungry.
    Waiting for another New Yorker to arrive. We have to roll strong into this southern Jungle!!

You will be surprised at how nice everyone is in Nashville.

#21 1 year ago

For BBQ, I think Mission and Peg Leg is better than Edley's. For pinball go to No Quarter, but come back in October/November when Music City Pinball's Game Terminal opens. It will probably be one of the nicest arcades in the world.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Not really people are nice everywhere.

Even New York!

Thanks for all the tips folks

#23 1 year ago

Lots of attractive people.

#24 1 year ago

Hit Biscuit Love up for Breakfast!

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Sounds awesome and no locals. Bonus.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Sounds awesome and no locals. Bonus.

2nd and Broadway can definitely be fun if that's what you are into. If you are scared you might actually talk to someone from Nashville it is your best bet.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Lots of attractive people.

Absolutely, I was downtown last night and there were guys with purdy mouths all over the place.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

2nd and Broadway can definitely be fun if that's what you are into. If you are scared you might actually talk to someone from Nashville it is your best bet.

We took the little one to a concert Tuesday at bridge stone and ate on 2nd ave. First time we have been down there in years and I can say I didnt miss it at all. Since when did nashville get little bucket drummer boys on every corner?

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I agree.

I had a great time in Nashville visiting Belmont and Vanderbilt with my daughter. What really stuck out for my daughter was how nice and well mannered the people are. And of course, the live music scene is phenomenal.

#30 1 year ago

One word....ARNOLD’S

https://www.arnoldscountrykitchen.com/

Great southern “meat and three” that’s only open from about 10am-2pm weekdays.

The line of locals each day says it all

You’re welcome

Enjoy Nashville Levi!

Steve

#31 1 year ago

This thread is making me want to go back!

If we head back, I'm gonna to have to get woody76 and/or jgentry to show us around

#32 1 year ago

I was visiting my daughter and New Granddaughter there last month. Going Back in 2 weeks.

I cant believe how much I love the Nashville and TN area!
    So many really wonderful people!!

Particularly like the Green Hills Area around Cheekwood.

The family will be moving back next year from the Vanderbilt Area, and Ill be happy to have them close,
    but Ill sure miss the visits there.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

If we head back, I'm gonna to have to get woody76 and/or jgentry to show us around

Happy to meet up for a couple of pints and some pinball if my schedule allows it.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I was visiting my daughter and New Granddaughter there last month. Going Back in 2 weeks.
    I cant believe how much I love the Nashville and TN area!
    So many really wonderful people!!
    Particularly like the Green Hills Area around Cheekwood.
    The family will be moving back next year from the Vanderbilt Area, and Ill be happy to have them close,
    but Ill sure miss the visits there.

You don't need to stop visiting, just make it a long weekend and come up and have some fun. Do a VBRO in 12 south or east Nashville or even one of the rooftop condo's downtown.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I agree.
    I had a great time in Nashville visiting Belmont and Vanderbilt with my daughter. What really stuck out for my daughter was how nice and well mannered the people are. And of course, the live music scene is phenomenal.

I hear this daily from people who visit Nashville. People love it here and it shows, because it is exploding with new residence.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

wait a couple months for game terminal to open. By the way, Madison is awesome!! If I ever move it will be there. I am huge Crossfit fan and that is of course where the games are held.

#36 1 year ago

Got out late last night and hit the Tennessee Drifter joint for ribs and second half of the nfl game.

Ribs were excellent, smoked wings so so, great chili. Managed to get a few games in at no quarter nearby. Great spot!

Looks like party Fowl later tonight and then the Woooooo! Strip.

Might try to get to no quarter again as well.

Haven’t seen much of the town so far but everybody had been very friendly.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from SBrothers:

One word....ARNOLD’S
    https://www.arnoldscountrykitchen.com/
    Great southern “meat and three” that’s only open from about 10am-2pm weekdays.
    The line of locals each day says it all
    You’re welcome
    Enjoy Nashville Levi!
    Steve

This sounds amazing - bbq joints that sell out by lunch time are always the best - but work hours won’t allow it.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

School me on Nashville.

All it takes is a simple three step process:
    1) Purchase any 5-hour Energy product before the end of October 2019.
    2) Take a photo of your receipt and mail it in with a completed entry form.
    3) Win the sweepstakes drawing for a trip to Nashville to meet Dierks Bentley.
    Note: Just about anyone can do steps one and two. Step three is a bit trickier.

#39 1 year ago

Hands down, Peg Leg Porker is the BEST ribs in Nashville. Dry rub with the hot sauce, green beans and fries.

Skip their apple pie.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Got out late last night and hit the Tennessee Drifter joint for ribs and second half of the nfl game.
    Ribs were excellent, smoked wings so so, great chili. Managed to get a few games in at no quarter nearby. Great spot!
    Looks like party Fowl later tonight and then the Woooooo! Strip.
    Might try to get to no quarter again as well.
    Haven’t seen much of the town so far but everybody had been very friendly.

Peg Leg Porker is right beside Party Fowl if you want to try some q to cool down the burn after party fowl.

Make sure you get the bacon chips. Chips fried in bacon fat make the world go round.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I've never been to Tennessee Drifter so I can't speak on there unfortunately. We also have a selfie league at No Quarter on games that are usually not in the tourney bank so you can still leave your mark of showing off your superior play.

I left a mark!

Great place. Nice selection of games and the worlds easiest alien poker.

Almost got jurassic Park but the mode start Shot stopped working. COE is a lucky man!

On the way to parry fowl. Buzzed and hungry.
    1178A2FC-B8CD-4D52-BC9F-EBD6167CA72B (resized).jpegC72183A1-A192-489A-9ED0-2BD041195CC5 (resized).jpeg

#42 1 year ago

Christ that was some hot chicken.

Friend got the “poultrygiest” flavor. I found it inedible (at least the skin, the meat was great) but he’s indian so he could handle it.

Very tasty but I can’t imagine going back for seconds.

#43 1 year ago

A lot of B.S. faux country music is pumped out of the Nashville machine. That's for sure.

#44 1 year ago

Fun thread

Keep it going for all us bored aholes sitting at home.

#45 1 year ago
    6C45CA8D-9443-40C8-9186-472EFC135B83 (resized).jpeg89973553-BB39-4131-9CB0-AE863621FD7F (resized).jpeg
    #46 1 year ago

Woooooooooo!

Woo

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

B4AEC490-20BB-451D-A142-05B2F81A0422 (resized).jpeg
    #47 1 year ago

Carter vintage guitars is a good customer of mine.

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Carter vintage guitars is a good customer of mine.

Their door handle is an old SG. Love it!

It was a fun night out. The strip is a weird 2 lane bourbon st / mini Vegas. Lots of country music. I cant say I really like country music. (The bad kind. Not the classic stuff)

A carrie Underwood show just let out too.

Kind of like the hot chicken it was interesting and had its charms but I’m in no hurry to do it again.

I like any music centric town and I can see why the bachelorettes flock there. Thanks for the hospitality Nashville! A day of meetings tomorrow and heading to DC early Sunday am. Managed to escape a hangover I think so I’m happy.

Thanks again for the tips!

892E695E-16BE-44AF-B07A-DF793053CE0A (resized).jpeg
    #49 1 year ago

Funny, I woke up this morning and searched Pinside for “Nashville”.
    Found this thread.
    My wife and I are partying here this weekend with friends.
    Staying at the new Moxy Hotel.
    Tootsies and Stillery (upstairs) were amazing for music.

Woooooo!!!

8AA411F3-A995-41E1-A910-84170A3A3B29 (resized).jpeg
    #50 1 year ago

Wife and I visited Nashville this spring and loved it. Went to the American Pickers store and bounced around all over the place. Good time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 14.95
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet Parts
    PinballToys
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 79.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    PinShades
    $ 30.00
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 35.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Decals
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 61.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    € 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside