• Latest reply 6 years ago by Phat_Jay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180312_170550_Film3 (resized).jpg
20180312_170608_Film3 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

So I've got two go7 monitors with their respective transformers that i want to use in a couple projects. Problem is, i know Jack shit about wiring the original transformers. These are going in machines that have new switching power supplies and i want to use these strictly as isolation transformers for the monitors. How does one decipher which tab is which on one of these bad boys?

20180312_170608_Film3 (resized).jpg20180312_170608_Film3 (resized).jpg

20180312_170550_Film3 (resized).jpg20180312_170550_Film3 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Unfortunately, you'll have to find schematics of where those came out of to be able to tell.

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't believe you could find the right 1 windings just by ohming out the leads.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Unfortunately, you'll have to find schematics of where those came out of to be able to tell.
I'd love to be wrong, but I don't believe you could find the right 1 windings just by ohming out the leads.

I suspect you are right...have to identify primary and secondary windings before anything can be sorted....maybe impedance could give a clue....

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I suspect you are right...have to identify primary and secondary windings before anything can be sorted....maybe impedance could give a clue....

Usually those would be pinned out in whatever games they came from, if you know?

(Interesting, 1 : 1 turns into that rocker smilie. In case anyone reading this in the future is confused.. I did not mean that. I meant 1-1 widings..)

#5 6 years ago

Well, this particular TF/Monitor came out of a video poker machine. Not even sure if there's a schematic available. Thanks all.

#6 6 years ago

I wouldnt screw with it, no sense blowing a monitor on a cheap unknown. Buy a new one here: http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1346/monitor-isolation-transformer.htm

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/school-me-on-isolation-transformers?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.