Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by YZRider926
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0B3F04A3-C6CF-49CB-912C-ECDE59909D54 (resized).jpeg
    7446023A-C10D-4D68-B351-010F84A04942 (resized).jpeg
    1186E822-11C5-49AB-BE12-18CBDC05C8BE (resized).jpeg
    E3DC28A9-68F5-4D1D-AAF3-110E4D84E341 (resized).jpeg
    B5852778-283E-4009-8C24-20E12840F5F3 (resized).jpeg
    FB326568-6470-4544-8AC1-884420527262 (resized).jpeg
    FD90F986-CB56-4181-8223-821FAA1937B2 (resized).jpeg
    DAEFFBF7-E5FB-4905-AD38-73A1F2898441 (resized).jpeg
    3E4ABB79-14BA-49C3-923D-436363B7C371 (resized).jpeg
    642D7059-BDAF-46CA-92D5-F132F343B94D (resized).jpeg
    1AD83F27-01C5-4F53-B541-41D154DFC7AB (resized).jpeg
    47FBED06-5663-4C79-96BD-2DA63189D214 (resized).jpeg
    CEE3D021-5D61-49D8-804B-BA7CBC514BEF (resized).jpeg
    BFE6B9D3-99D4-4D11-9196-965B1311F672 (resized).jpeg
    F1402097-1B0F-473D-936A-814C09BCDB78 (resized).jpeg
    6D3EC5B5-2E3A-429C-98B1-BB7AE01CFF26 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 1 year ago

I am having one installed now and went with fiberglass. My mom had a fiberglass and it was virtually maintenance free. We did not want to have to mess with replacing liners every 3-5 years either. We got a rectangle, 16 X 32 X 7 foot deep. Everything was $48k

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Liners should last longer than 3-5 years. We got 10 from our last one. Pretty easy maintenance with a liner pool. Biggest issue with fiberglass is that most don't offer much depth... 5' seems to be the norm.

Yea, they are starting to make them deeper these days. Ours will be 7 which i think is plenty. I have heard if you keep you chemicals right they last longer. A friend of mine barely got 3 seasons out of his last one before the tornado destroyed it.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Look at you man just rebuilt after your tornado and talking about installing a pool.I'm glad your back from the disaster you went thru,we have this in common.I got more then I expected after our tornado and installed a inground after everything else was done.Good luck!

Yea, we come out pretty darn good. It was a terrible thing but it is working out. They about got the new house framed.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

So you are heating the water?

I was going to ask this, are you heating it or the cover is heating it?

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Not sure with kids as young as yours that this makes sense for you but my wife and I just ordered a 19' swim spa from PDC
    We priced out a pool first and finally settled on the swim spa. Price was < half what a fiberglass pool would have been. Granted it's a ton smaller but our kids are all grown.
    The swimming area is still big enough for 5 or 6 people to get in and cool down in the summer. It has a hot tub on the other end.
    You can swim in place in the swimming section as that end produces a steady flow of water from 3 powerful jets
    Each section can be heated independently as well
    I've got the excavation completed (contactor) and just finished the framing (yours truly) so it can be placed below grade allowing the top to be at deck level
    Just waiting for delivery here in the next month or so[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is cool man. If I did not have a 6 year old I would be all over something like this.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I have to heat with propane, so it's expensive as hell. Once it hits 79, it usually will stay there if we use the solar cover overnight. With the cost of one of those that you have, the ROI would probably be like 25 years or something since my pool is larger.
    Looks cool as hell though.

We will have propane as well so heater is a no go. How well does the solar cover work once you get into the colder months?

10 months later
    #70 6 months ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

So an update we should have our pool by the end of the summer. Sucks but maybe we’ll get to use it for a couple of weeks. We’re going with River Pools and getting the D36. https://www.riverpoolsandspas.com/d-series-fiberglass-pool
    I would of opted for the D40 personally but the wife didn’t want to.

We just got one like L36 installed and are loving it. My daughter is already doing some swimming. So far loving the fiberglass with salt and UV filter. So easy to maintain.

#73 6 months ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Here’s a photo of mine. Sorry about the photo, it’s from my bedroom window and the screen is in the way.
    It’s gunite.
    Natural gas heater. Highly recommend it when you install.
    Automatic pool cover. Highly recommend when you install. This keeps all the leaves and crap out of your pool at night when you’re in bed. Especially if you have a big storm. This is a must!
    The pool decking are individual tiles that my wife and I found at a resort in Miami. The tiles stay about 8-12 degrees cooler on your feet. Some of them have seashells built into the tiles. Pretty cool and definitely recommend. Can’t remember the name of the company but they delivered on a trailer from Florida.
    The different colored lights in the pool(install on both ends of the pool) are great at night.
    I had some small pieces of different colored glass 2x2 inches installed in different sections of the pool level with the gunite in the pool floor as reference points and they’re gorgeous. Very very expensive. From a company in California. Not necessary but neat.
    Installed giant umbrellas in on each end of the the pool deck that open up and provide plenty of shade but the close up with cover for the winter.[quoted image]

we are thinking about the auto cover, because we get really high winds coming off the lake. What do they run? we have read around $4k

#76 6 months ago
    Quoted from kklank:

10k. Worth every penny.
    Get the rectangular pool for the automatic cover so it doesn’t run on the decking. This is critical.
    We have trees around the pool and it would be an absolute nightmare cleaning that crap all the time.
    Also opening and closing is very simple. Besides clearing out the lines, you drain the pool a few inches and push a button to close it up. Priceless.

great info, thanks

4 months later
    #87 48 days ago

nice looking pool. This was our first season with a fiberlass pool and we did a salt water system. I have been blown away at how little maintenance we have done. I run the robot cleaner every Saturday morning and that is it. Water/chemicals have been perfect all year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside