7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by foxtj24
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 7 years ago

I am looking to add a dart board machine to the game house. I used to just have a generic electronic dart board but I am looking for something a little more sturdy with that arcade feel. I see a huge range on price when I am looking at these on line. I was hoping to get opinions on what to get. Below is a list of what I am looking for:

1. Has to have arcade feel
2. Has to be new or CQ. Everything I am putting in my house is pretty legit and I want to keep it that way.
3. We are amatures. I am not a dart professional nor do I want to be but I like myself a round of drinking darts.

I see these ranging from a couple hundred buck to 3K. What is realistic to spend on one of these?

Thanks again, Mike

#2 7 years ago

I have a Cricket Pro 800 board. You can get it with a cabinet and you have to mount the board in the cabinet and then wall mount it, it's not a standalone machine like the Shelti. Should be able to get the board for $250, I got the board and cabinet for $250. It is some work to mount the board and assembly, but it's a good electronic board probably the best unless they have a more updated version now. It has a heckler mode too, I like it but some think its annoying. It can be disabled though. Arachnid makes it. The soft darts that come with the board are just ok, I felt a need to get better ones. There's also a standalone cabinet option as well. GLTY.

http://www.hayneedle.com/product/arachnidcricketpro800electronicdartboardwithhecklerfeatureandcabinet.cfm

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am looking to add a dart board machine to the game house. I used to just have a generic electronic dart board but I am looking for something a little more sturdy with that arcade feel. I see a huge range on price when I am looking at these on line. I was hoping to get opinions on what to get. Below is a list of what I am looking for:
1. Has to have arcade feel
2. Has to be new or CQ. Everything I am putting in my house is pretty legit and I want to keep it that way.
3. We are amatures. I am not a dart professional nor do I want to be but I like myself a round of drinking darts.
I see these ranging from a couple hundred buck to 3K. What is realistic to spend on one of these?
Thanks again, Mike

sfbay.craigslist.org link

I probably wouldn't get this particular one since I'm not sure why his monitor is a separate TV on top of the game, but $300 for something similar is about right. It'll play the usual games like 301 and cricket. English Mark is a common brand, but they usually come up under the generic search for "Dart board", along with dozens of non-coin operated versions that you'll have to sift through.

#4 7 years ago

These are the 2 currently made standup Dart machines:

http://www.betson.com/amusement/Darts/

Check the PreOwned Amusement link here, they have some used Galaxys.

#5 7 years ago

I like the valley cougar dart boards myself. It's nice being able to play cricket against the computer.. these are normally here and there and they don't break the bank. ~$500-700 I rarely see routed dart boards that look anything less than great. They just didnt take the beating that other arcades did

#6 7 years ago

If you want the Galaxy 2.5 you can find them for around 1500. They are a solid game that is what most bars still use. Nice machine in a plastic cab so it is not to bad to move if you need to. I love mine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/school-me-on-arcade-dart-board-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.