(Topic ID: 229860)

Schematics for WAV095 Rottendog Audio Visual board??

By Robotworkshop

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WAV095_fixed (resized).jpg
WAV095_fix (resized).jpg
W95-AVB.JPG
WPC95_Audio_Visual (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I am trying to fix a Rottendog WAV095 Audio Visual board for a friend. The 32-pin sockets were corroded and when I removed them I noticed a trace (or two) that is cut through under S4. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be cut as a factory mod or if in the past someone had tried prying out a chip but out it under the edge of the socket instead. It wouldn't be the first time I have seen either scenario. I've attached a picture the shows the suspect traces on the right side of the socket.

Is anyone familiar with these boards that could confirm how those traces are supposed to look? I can easily fix those two traces but I don't want to do that if they were meant to be cut. Schematics for this board would help.

Thank You

WPC95_Audio_Visual (resized).jpgWPC95_Audio_Visual (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Are those EPROMs? If so JEDEC pinout would be D3 at P17 for 32pin EPROM. Could trace around D3 with the original schematic and make sure it goes everywhere it should.

Hard to tell if a sharp flat blade did that on accident while removing the socketed chip or it was intentionally cut to fix a board layout issue.

#3 5 years ago

That looks like a rather sloppy cut if it was on purpose. I could maybe believe it if it was just the trace, but it looks like the trace to the left of it is sort of nicked too. I think the tell-tell sign are the nicks right above it. If they were cutting the trace, those wouldn't be there. As you mentioned, looks like someone stuck a screwdriver or the like under S4 and gave it a twist more that once. Also, if it was purpose, why cut it under the S4? Why not just cut it where it's visible (i.e. below S4) so it could be inspected?

All the times I had to cut a trace in order to perform a mod on one of my designs, it was with a scalpel. Two small cuts, and remove the piece in the middle. Clean cut and you are assured only that trace is cut.

Just a wag, not sure what is acceptable in the consumer world. If its on purpose, it's rather sloppy.

Good luck with the mystery!

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for the responses. The sockets are for EPROMS and there are three in the set. If the D3 line is open that would certainly prevent it from working! It does seem to look like that may have been accidental but you never know and without an accurate schematic or another board as a reference it is hard to tell for sure.

#5 5 years ago

That's definitely D3 and if it's broken then you will have problems. Below is a photo of an original W95-AVB with the sockets removed. You can consult the schematic and confirm as well as use the photo as a guide.

W95-AVB.JPGW95-AVB.JPG
#6 5 years ago

So is the trace next to the 'cut' trace also open? Looks like it is, just could be the picture tho.

#7 5 years ago

Any updates?

#8 5 years ago

There were two open traces. I was able to make two replacements and solder them on the top of the board. I use green wire wrap wire and try to bend them the same way so they blend in. Take a little more time but I think it is worth it. I also have to notch the ridge on the bottom of the DIP sockets where the wires are so the socket sits flat.

Now that the board traces are fixed it still needs to be tested. I'm going to try and get it back to my friend this weekend.

I'm still not sure about the ROM's for this though. It is supposed to go into a Congo. I found some ROM images on IPDB for this but there are 6 ROM's in the V1.0 set and a single V1.1 image on a larger EPROM. I'd like to get confirmation on what ROM's should be there so I could take care of that too.

WAV095_fix (resized).jpgWAV095_fix (resized).jpgWAV095_fixed (resized).jpgWAV095_fixed (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago

Nice job running the greenwires. Keep us posted, always like to hear a happy ending.

Good luck!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Nice job running the greenwires. Keep us posted, always like to hear a happy ending.
Good luck!

Thank You! I try to all my board repairs like that. In the meantime I have a DE MPU to finish and am starting on my first old System 1 MPU board to repair.

#11 5 years ago

I like that the jumpers are a component side. I think they should be when possible/makes sense... they could be considered a component! Not likely to get impaled, snagged or anything like that placed on top.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/schematics-for-wav095-rottendog-audio-visual-board?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.