5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SBFab
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinthetic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

If you are over on Facebook lately you will see a few of us are working on re-populating a couple of Strikes N Spares. There is one big issue and that is Premier used a slightly different Display Controller than the MA1739. From my first initial examination I see a few extra passive components in one corner otherwise they seem to be identical. There may be other changes that are not easily recognizable. The manual for some reason included the MA1739 and no reference at all to the MA2178.

The masking on the MA2178 has 28634-1 and the MA1739 has 28634.

I did not visit Premier after 1992 so even I was unaware of this until the project reared it's now ugly head. If anyone has that schematic please share it and if anyone has an extra MA2178 please PM me and I'll buy it.

Big shout out to Rixilla who helped out getting the controller I have. Great guy. Just need one more.

Mario

#3 5 years ago

No one has this controller in stock.

#5 5 years ago

Even the 95 parts book does not include this game. Strange how after all these years this has become known as an issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinthetic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/schematic-needed-for-premier-ma2178-display-controller?tu=Pinthetic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.