(Topic ID: 34246)

Scarface pinball - It's out!!

By hassanchop

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sf3.jpg
    sf2.gif
    sf1.gif
    Al_s_cronies.jpg
    scarface_pinball.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

The game is called: Scarface - Balls and Power
    It's for Visual Pinball, but it has one year in the works already
    We are almost finished so it will be released very soon in vpforums.
    (WARNING: PROFANITY)

#2 11 years ago

Looks fantastic so far!!!

#3 11 years ago

OMG that's hilarious! I love the tony montana puppet in the top center

#4 11 years ago

That is great! I wish Stern or JJP would pick it up.

#5 11 years ago

Nice work Hassanchop! Love the music and speech on this game. I'd buy the real version of this table in a second! Looking forward to playing the FS version once it's available.

4 weeks later
    #6 11 years ago

it's out!

i am very proud of it

get the 4x3 version here:
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=22768

or the FS version:
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=22769

scarface_pinball.jpgscarface_pinball.jpg

#7 11 years ago

Got an error, realized I was running one version too old. Installed latest version, now it crashes. Now I remember why I don't run visual pinball

#8 11 years ago

you need vp914 to run it.
    is that the one you installed?

#9 11 years ago

grabbed latest version from vpforums, but apparently I grabbed the patch, not the full install. Working now, plays great!

#10 11 years ago

Sooooo cool!!!!!

#11 11 years ago

don't forget to download the music pack also. it's a different download:
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7291

#12 11 years ago

That is so awesome hassanchop! The Tony Montana puppet had me in stiches. I too wish Stern or JJP would picked this up.

#13 11 years ago

Who's this bum callin himself Scarface boss? I don't know frankie, but I think were gonna pay this scab hassanchop a little visit and find out. Al_s_cronies.jpgAl_s_cronies.jpg

#14 11 years ago

Played it last night. Very fun.

#16 11 years ago

Excellent.

#17 11 years ago

Awesome I want a real scarface pinball! One of my favorite movies of all time!

#18 11 years ago

Since when does Steve Buscemi star in Scarface?

J/K, looks neat!

#19 11 years ago

says u dont have permission to down load? You need to register to site or somthing?

#20 11 years ago

LOL!!! @ 1:10 & 1:20

Great job!

#21 11 years ago

Enthralling gameplay. Absolutely a blast. The artwork is top notch and the game is very fun. Must be played on a cabinet though, it is terrific.

Great job guys .. probably the best original pinball ever created for VP.

#22 11 years ago

if you are playing this on a full cab ... you owe us video

#23 11 years ago

I've been following this table since it was originally being created by Rascal. Being a cab user I'm not a fan of the DMD being displayed on the apron. I'm converting this table over to use HyperDMD. I'm not sure why HyperDMD wasn't explored more as an option for the DMD.

I'm not familiar with HyperDMD, so I'm learning it as I go. The following video is after about 2 hours of learning. This is just the opening intro that I've done so far. I still have a long way to go and have to recreate all of the other events.

#24 11 years ago

Such a Great idea for a pinball machine, this would be a must have pin for me if ever made.
    Awesome work on the VP!

#25 11 years ago

Great stuff !
    That Tony muppet is the funniest thing ive seen on a pin for a long time
    Finally a pin with balls in the humor department.
    Thanks for your hard work, its great fun.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

if you are playing this on a full cab ... you owe us video

i don't have a cab.. so i would love that someone could make a video for us..

Quoted from Dazz:

I've been following this table since it was originally being created by Rascal.

correction: "...since it was originally being created by rascal and hassanchop."

anyway, why don't you and me get together to do a perfect dmd instead of just a conversion?

#27 11 years ago

Little choppy in the clip but pics look great. Love the quotes and theme. Great work to all involved.

#28 11 years ago

I downloaded the full screen version today for my cabinet and have already put about 20 plays on it. Very impressed overall! The table is challenging, has a great rule-set/dots, and has the best music and humor of possibly any pinball machine in existence. The Tony puppet is hilarious! Kudos to Hassanchop, JP Salas, and everyone else involved. I'm in the process of uploading a video of the gameplay and will post once complete.

#29 11 years ago

This is a decent original table. Nice job
    It seems like the Dmd could be framed and inserted in the lower mid part of the playfield. Them it would feel like it belonged there rather than was added because multi monitor support wasn't there yet

#30 11 years ago

Here's a quick game-play video I shot of the full screen version:

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Here's a quick game-play video I shot of the full screen version:
    » YouTube video

wow thnks! makes me want to get a cab just to play my game! it looks so much better

i can see a few bugs already by looking at your game. i bet it will appear much more.
    the game is so hard and long that it was impossible for us to find all the bugs. we will fix a few of them very soon.

did you find the easter egg? heheheheh

#32 11 years ago

The game does look great on full screen As far as bugs go, I have noticed a couple. It seems like hard shots around the right orbit won't always lock balls when lit. I also noticed in the mode where you have to soft plunge a ball into the car will take multiple completions to register.-This is also how I think I tripped the easter egg?-which is really cool btw!

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I also noticed in the mode where you have to soft plunge a ball into the car will take multiple completions to register.

that mode is timed. you don't win or loose, just get more points as many hits you can get. (same as "skill fire" in Congo...)

Quoted from MikeS:

This is also how I think I tripped the easter egg?-which is really cool btw!

hmmm..... when you find the easter egg you see writen on the dmd "you found the easter egg"
    and it's some cool funny mode. that's what you found? if not, you need to find it in the attract mode with at least one credit to play

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

that mode is timed. you don't win or loose, just get more points as many hits you can get. (same as "skill fire" in Congo...)

I gotcha. That makes sense. thanks!

hmmm..... when you find the easter egg you see writen on the dmd "you found the easter egg"
    and it's some cool funny mode. that's what you found? if not, you need to find it in the attract mode with at least one credit to play

I could have sworn I was in the middle of a game when I found it but I could be wrong. I did see "you found the easter egg" on the display followed by the music changing to what I think is Street Fighter fight music and a really cool multi-ball mode?

#35 11 years ago

Did I hear some Giorgio Moroder in there? Nice!

#36 11 years ago

How do you get the table to play? Went to above links and there is error, so do you have to pay somewhere?

#37 11 years ago

Flank, your a cock-a-roach!

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I could have sworn I was in the middle of a game when I found it but I could be wrong. I did see "you found the easter egg" on the display followed by the music changing to what I think is Street Fighter fight music and a really cool multi-ball mode?

if it was in the middle then it was a bug lol but yeah that's the one

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Did I hear some Giorgio Moroder in there? Nice!

Giorgio Moroder pumping through all the game. He actually wrote about 20 or more songs for the movie, but the official soundtrack is only about 10.
    I putted the other unfamiliar songs on the game as well. Some of them i bet are new even for some big Scarface fans

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How do you get the table to play? Went to above links and there is error, so do you have to pay somewhere?

It's free!
    You need the Visual Pinball program to play it. It's also free:
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5162

so, to sum up for the guys that never played vp:
    You need Visual Pinball (link above).
    You need the desktop or FS version of the game (links above).
    You need the music pack (link above), that goes into the "MUSIC" folder in the "Visual Pinball" folder, after you installed the Visual Pinball program.

vpforums.org requires you to register for these downloads, but it's free.
    any questions ask here or pm me, i will be happy to help.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

correction: "...since it was originally being created by rascal and hassanchop."

anyway, why don't you and me get together to do a perfect dmd instead of just a conversion?

Sorry, Has... Yes, I meant to put Rascal and Hassanchop. We definitely need to get together and work on the DMD. I don't think the exported images and my poor B&W conversions are going to allow for the best quality that we can get. Shoot me a message via VPUniverse.com and we can get something going.

1 week later
    #41 11 years ago

making of:

sf1.gifsf1.gif sf2.gifsf2.gif sf3.jpgsf3.jpg

#42 11 years ago

Wow nice game would definitely slap down 5-6k for a real version.
    Al

#43 11 years ago

hilarious! Fantastic job. really!

#44 11 years ago

luvthatapex at vpforums is converting the game to play on a cab, with a dmd working and the backglass with flashers and all
    looking great!

8 months later
    #45 10 years ago

Bump for a Awesome effort, Nice work

#46 10 years ago

Awesome. Love the respect of using the real soundtrack music. Tony's quotes are hilarious. Great work, such a great theme. Just hope to play and find : first you get the money, then you get da power and then you get da women.

Montana Realty Co

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scarface-pinball-coming-2013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.