Topic poll

“Scared stiff vs ehoh”

• Scared stiff 36 votes
    63%
  • Ehoh 21 votes
    37%

(57 votes)

#1 3 months ago

Seeing as how they are similarly priced, which is the better game? I know code isnt complete yet, so as of today, which would you buy?

#2 3 months ago

Seeing as how I own a SS and wish for my "investment" to only increase in value and poo poo anything that threatens it, SS all the way.

*j/k*. No time on EHOH in the pinball wasteland that is the backasswards Florabama area.

#3 3 months ago

I played both back to back at a friends place a few weeks ago and much prefer Scared Stiff. I would like to own a SS at some point but not EHOH.

#4 3 months ago

That's my problem too, I have an opportunity to buy a ss, but not the chance to play ehoh. I know the potential of ehoh, but really lookin for honest head to head comparison

#5 3 months ago

ss ……….by just a leaping frogs ass

#6 3 months ago

Thx for the replies. Now, what were the reasons?

#7 3 months ago

Played ehoh at the reveal at Expo a lot there just isn’t any comparison. SS is totally different. Some folks are going to like the Stern experience over the W/B Experience or vice versa. I prefer SS. I just like the sounds and call outs. The Spider Wheel Champion is so difficult to obtain. And yet the game is a simplistic design.

#8 3 months ago

Scared Stiff all the way EHOH code Is way to simple at the moment wait for it to get finished up. Buy scared stuff sell it when you get bored while the EHOH code gets finished.

#9 3 months ago

I'm surprised no one has called ehoh better yet, other than voting. is it cuz codes not close to being finished, or thinking that when finished it wont measure up.

#10 3 months ago

I like the new sterns, still not sure which, or if to purchase

#11 3 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm surprised no one has called ehoh better yet, other than voting. is it cuz codes not close to being finished, or thinking that when finished it wont measure up.

Classics are classics for a reason. They were great then & have stood the test of time. Too many unknowns with Stern quality & code, and the price is bonkers. You can get a SS for way less than a EHOH if you shop around & buy from a hobbyist vs. a store.

#12 3 months ago

Think I can buy a premium ehoh for 7500 or less, ss are 6 to 7 k. I like the new technology in the new sterns, but kinda like alot of the older games as much. Hard decision

#13 3 months ago

If you have a line on a nice SS, I'd go with that all day.

You will save a little money on the front end.
You will have an outright classic Pin.
You will have a lot more opportunity to buy EHOH in the future. And likely at a better price. And it will (maybe) be finished at that point.

I can't say that last part about a clean SS with any confidence.

#14 3 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I like 3lvira better at the moment. You need to remember that I have played SS many many times over the years and 3lvira has only been in our house for 1 week. SS is an all time classic and 3lvira is new. The code, the colour screen and the sound on 3lvira and way better IMO. SS is a classic and you will have plenty of opportunity to get 3lvira down the road if you wish. I do not think many people have had the opportunity to play 3lvira yet and the ones that have, have not had a good go on one yet. Find one and play one yourself if you can, make your own mind up!

#15 3 months ago

Kinda leaning that way. Would like to hear from more ehoh owners tho

#16 3 months ago

I have a SS and have played E3 premium. Vastly prefer the SS but I do like the old movie clips in E3. I wish they had made the display more like a TV and the Elvira character didn't seem so poorly "blue screened" in the game. But there is plenty time for improvement.

That said I just ordered R&M and there are a lot of other games (including several system 11s) that I want to get before E3 becomes a priority. SS will remain a permanent part of the collection.

#17 3 months ago

Bigger difference in voting than I thought there would be. I still think ehoh will be a great game at the end. Makin this a harder choice than I was expecting

#18 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I like 3lvira better at the moment. You need to remember that I have played SS many many times over the years and 3lvira has only been in our house for 1 week. SS is an all time classic and 3lvira is new. The code, the colour screen and the sound on 3lvira and way better IMO. SS is a classic and you will have plenty of opportunity to get 3lvira down the road if you wish. I do not think many people have had the opportunity to play 3lvira yet and the ones that have, have not had a good go on one yet. Find one and play one yourself if you can, make your own mind up!

Say Threelvira one more time, I dare you...

#19 3 months ago

Imo even with the early code of EHOH, it’s just as fun as SS. That not saying much though.

I trust Lyman will make this ten times what SS is. But you’ll have to wait. Check back next year.

#20 3 months ago

Buy the scared stiff now, have fun, play it, sell/trade for house of horrors later. That way you can experience them both

#21 3 months ago

Or, just buy em both. Eventually

#22 3 months ago

I think SS wins for now, better mechs, but I would guess that Ehoh will be a better game overall when it’s done. Ss has a better trunk, spider wheel, better ramps and better coffin lock, but code is very shallow and pretty easy, with the exception of completing the wheel. Ehoh is basically shoot the house, start a mode, hit flashing arrows...code needs a lot of work. I will say the crypt on Ehoh is very cool.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside