Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

My Scared Stiff started acting up this evening. While flipping the right flipper the slingshot coil will fire. It is not happening on every flip, however, it is happening on the majority? Has anyone experienced this in the past?
Thx,
Andrew

#2 11 years ago

Sounds like the slingshot needs adjustment, sensitivity is too high I guess. (had this problem once before)

Let me know if it helps when you adjust it.

#3 11 years ago

The leaf switches that lean against the sling rubber need adjusted, make the gap larger, but not too much

#4 11 years ago

+1

#5 11 years ago

What they said. It sounds like the pulse from the flipper is vibrating the leaf switch for the sling. It should just be a slight adjustment.

#6 11 years ago

Turn the game off. Remove the slingshot plastic. Look down at the points that trigger the slingshot from ball hits.

Be sure they aren't all mangled, should be straight and clean.

Then the long front one should just be resting on the rubber ring. The rear one far enough away so vibration doesn't set it off, yet the slightest ball hit does.

A little adjusting and tweaking and you'll be a pro at adjusting them in no time.

LTG

#7 11 years ago

I wasn't even thinking about vibration contacting the switch... My thought process was electrical... I feel like a dumb ass... Thank you all for pointing out what should have been obvious to me...

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from wescor97:

I wasn't even thinking about vibration contacting the switch... My thought process was electrical... I feel like a dumb ass... Thank you all for pointing out what should have been obvious to me...

Don't be so hard on yourself. We all had the learn somehow. Look at the positive--it was broken, and you fixed it.

#9 11 years ago

Ockham's Razor paraphrased - All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the best or correct one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 38.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
£ 38.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 249.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-tech-issues-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.