• Latest reply 7 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spit_take_2.gif
playfieldAndDmd_(resized).jpg
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

I had a scared stiff for about 3 months and sold it. Love the look and theme, but when you get to the wizard mode on the first ball every time kills the fun of owning the game. I absolutely love STTNG and didn't expect for that one to be a keeper, as I am not a star trek next gen fan but heard the game was fun. I got it and it is not going anywhere ... yeah, so what if it's difficult ... that is why it is fun to own in a home collection - challenging.

#52 7 years ago

STTNG is my first pin, if you don't know how to troubleshoot it can be painful. I like the game, but I haven't been able to truly play it since I bought it with some errors I haven't been able to fix. If I ignore the extra balls the game is fun though, and I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon. This is from someone that has never, ever, liked star trek. The game was so fun though I bought it anyway.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

but I haven't been able to truly play it since I bought it with some errors I haven't been able to fix

Still have errors eh? You should post about it again. Extra balls you say?

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Still have errors eh? You should post about it again. Extra balls you say?

dirty optos / bad solder. clean your subway. check your trough.

#55 7 years ago

STTNG is a great game, but hard and very challenging for inexperienced players, this is a game that I would of never put quarters in, I would of gone broke! because its all about practice, practice, practice to improve.

I say Happy Wife, Happy life get what she wants!

#56 7 years ago

The answer is simple. Get her Scared Stiff and get ST:tnG for yourself. Put both games next to each other. High five each other while you both play with high frequency.

1 week later
#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

The answer is simple. Get her Scared Stiff and get ST:tnG for yourself. Put both games next to each other. High five each other while you both play with high frequency.

I own a SS that I'll never part away, and my next pin of choice is STtNG! Just get'em both!

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

I had a scared stiff for about 3 months and sold it. Love the look and theme, but when you get to the wizard mode on the first ball every time kills the fun of owning the game. ... yeah, so what if it's difficult ... that is why it is fun to own in a home collection - challenging.

Have you ever completed the Spider-Web? Ok, I guess not...

#59 7 years ago

Both are quite popular and you have 2 great choices. Although my personal tastes are much in favor of STTNG over SS, the majority here goes the other way.

It's theme for me. I love Sci-Fi and Star Trek. Elvira isn't really my thing. I restored SS is definitely more expensive than a restored STTNG.

Good luck with your hunt!

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stiff has its' charms for sure but STTNG is a much better game and a much better value.
SS is better for newbies/guests/wives/kids (people who don't like pinball). It's also got some pretty lame humor that should be a laugh riot if you are about 8 (or, apparently, over 55).

Couldn't disagree more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 38.00
$ 9.95
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-sttng/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.