(Topic ID: 121584)

Scared Stiff Spider Trouble

By thall17

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

With my Spider it will work and be spot on for maybe 5 or 6 games and then becomes tired, kinda stutter spins and is miss-aligned in regards to the award it is supposed to point to.

Motor, Opto?

1 week later
#2 9 years ago

Bump?

#3 9 years ago

Clean the optos, and make sure the set screw that attaches the spider is securely attached. The spider should not spin freely without engaging the motor. This is probably your issue.

Did you run the Spider Test option in test mode? You should do this when the machine is "fresh", and at the point of having issues. This way you can see if the behavior is different.

This should point you to the correct fix, and be more clear if the motor has an issue.

#4 9 years ago

First place I would check is the set screw on the spider pointer like T7 said. I have had the same issue with mine and that is what the problem turned out to be. I even put a little lock tight on it to prevent it from happening again. It is a 1/16 hex key screw , I think I had to remove the board from the back of the spider motor to get at it easier.... Good luck

#5 9 years ago

Be very careful not to over tighten that set screw. You can crack the plastic if you go too tight. Then you're really screwed ... pun intended.

Just make sure it's nice and snug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 249.00
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 49.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 39.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

£ 37.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
£ 38.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-spider-trouble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.