• Latest reply 12 years ago by thebrave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

October1.jpg
#1 12 years ago

On Scared Stiff, on what basis is the ball, on left lane shots, allowed to pass through to the pop bumpers?

What is the rule for awarding extra ball on this-and-this bonus-x reached?

I cannot find any documentation of this in neither the manual, rulesheets or game adjustment menu. Other than it might be one of the ways for the game to meet a desired extra ball percentage. I have experienced this for both 4x and 9x (not same machine and hence not necessary same setting).

#3 12 years ago

The reason for me asking here, is that the rules in mind isn't covered in that sheet or in anything else I've manage to find on the net.

#4 12 years ago

Hey Soren

I think I can answer one question. By default, 4 or 5 bat ramps lights extra ball. This increases if it is giving away too many extra balls. I think 9 may be the max, because that is what mine is at. Also, three dead head completions lights extra ball as well. And then the 3 eye balls in the spider light extra ball.

I knew how to change the left lane at one point, but my memory is failing me. Will get back to you if I remember.

#5 12 years ago

When the left orbit shot is lit for the monsters Lab a strong shot will pass through the dead head's and into the pop's. The bonus multiplier is completing the dead heads and if you do it 10x you will light an extra ball. Not that easy really. You can get an extra ball by a certain # of right ramps and you can set the number you want it to be in the adjustments. Also of course by completing the eyeballs on the spider wheel or by smashing 5 leapers during the timed mode. EB's also available after completing the Stiff-o-Meter and Spider-Mania multiball.

Hope that answered your ?s

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I knew how to change the left lane at one point, but my memory is failing me. Will get back to you if I remember.

I'm pretty sure the game controls what is lit on the left orbit. If you shoot it when the dead heads are lit the next time it will light the monsters lab. Unless of course you light the lock.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The bonus multiplier is completing the dead heads and if you do it 10x you will light an extra ball.

Bingo!
+1 for ol' spidey!
Edit l That is a good nugget of info about the 1.5 ROMs as well, soren!
l
l
V

#8 12 years ago

smassa, you're right, thanks for putting me onto this scheme.

The state of the pop bumper gate is alternating for each shot to the left lane, when both Deadheads and Monsters lab are either completed or not completed. Else it stays on passing the ball to what remains to be completed.

I've tested the current state of the game on my Visual pinball setup with both off, 5% and 35% on extra ball percentage. In all three settings, the extra ball on bonus-x is at 8x. Revision 1.5 ROMs. In the wild, I have seen this at both 4x and 9x.

It is a mystery to me, that this bonus-x EB is not documented in the manual or has its own adjustment. And it still puzzles me, how the machine decides what bonus-x should be reached.

#9 12 years ago

Ya I wish there was an adjustment for it but I haven't come across it. There are still plenty of ways to get extra balls though so it's all good.

2 weeks later
#11 12 years ago

What other questions do you have about SS?

#12 12 years ago

Aaaha! So it alternates! I had been trying to figure out how the left lane diverter worked for ages, it seemed random.

#13 12 years ago

My question would be will I ever get spider champion? Today would be the best day to do that!

Happy Halloween...

October1.jpgOctober1.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

£ 49.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 37.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 249.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-rule-question-experts-wanted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.