Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by per3per3
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BB_eyes_underside (resized).JPG
BB_eyes3 (resized).jpg
BB_eyes2 (resized).jpg
BB_eyes1 (resized).jpg
D9ABF2BE-85AE-451A-AFC9-71D46E1ACA68 (resized).jpeg
A7AE876B-ACBF-4E53-8D26-244B4AB0FCD8 (resized).jpeg
A13C480D-3906-4698-A610-E86C65394086 (resized).jpeg
BB2.PNG
BB1.PNG
BB3.PNG
DSC_2508 (resized).JPG
DSC_2507 (resized).JPG
DSC08670_moyenne (resized).jpg
DSC08669_moyenne (resized).jpg
GS-SS-A-20947L (resized).jpg
detail.jpg

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 1 year ago

You're right Ted. So many cool mods.
In the first video in this thread, if you watch closely, the eyes move in a coordinated fashion, left to right, etc.

I noticed on that video, Franck has the screens oriented so the eyelids blink from top to bottom, mammal style.

In his DIY video, he mounts them opposite so the lids blink bottom to top. In my opinion that's more badass since it resembles the reptile blink....

#52 1 year ago

Yes, the blink really makes it. I thought I saw in one video where the eyes weren't moving together.

#53 1 year ago

Would be really cool if the eyes follow the ball around the playfield like Rudy's eyes on Funhouse.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, the blink really makes it. I thought I saw in one video where the eyes weren't moving together.

the eyes move together, and for the blink of the eyelid, it's up to everyone to go in the direction he prefers, I like from the bottom up, the video is the pinball of a friend who has favorite like that

#55 1 year ago

When will they be available again? And will you still have the option of sending in your skull?

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

When will they be available again? And will you still have the option of sending in your skull?

it's unfortunately quite long, I have 3 orders in progress, an order that is more than 15 days old, another one that is one week old, and I replayed a third order yesterday.
I do not understand your question for the skull, in any case, if you want this option, you must send it to me, I do the installation and return it within two days after receiving it

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Would be really cool if the eyes follow the ball around the playfield like Rudy's eyes on Funhouse.

it is possible to follow the ball with the eyes, but it would be necessary to have the pinball at home to be able to work on it.
but the concern is that it would become complicated to plug in and there would be many days of research devellopement to do this kind of program.
this would make the project very expensive and, by experience, it is not valid.
I made with my son who is studying electronics / computer engineering,a mod for the AFM, it's really beautiful and I presented on all pinball show in France, everyone wanted one.
but once the price announced .....
it's a kit consisting of 7 parts, (flying saucer) everything is plug and play, less than an hour to install everything, extraordinary light effect, 10 days of work to assemble a kit when all the parts are ready, it will have took more than 6 months of research to get what we wanted, I never presented it for lack of time and only sold 7 copies, I would sell again but I wanted to do something very extraordinary and thought to be overwhelmed with command, in short not profitable at all.
a link for the curious ^^

morality, we must make the simplest with beautiful effect inovant and like eyes mod scared stiff, I have other ideas just as fabulous.
I'm currently working on a lightsaber for the star wars that should be successful
sorry for this little off topic

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

a mod for the AFM, it's really beautiful and I presented on all pinball show in France, everyone wanted one.

Wow, that is awesome! If I had an AFM, I'd definitely would want this mod. You should think about some lighting mods for MB

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

but once the price announced .....

WOW! Very cool!! Maybe just do the big center saucer instead of all of them.

#60 1 year ago

Hi Franck,
I'm curious about the 3 stock lights that are in the head. Of course the new eye screens replace the original red eye light bulbs. But there is also the third flasher orange light in the middle that makes a really nice light show during game play.

Is there still enough clearance to keep that middle flasher light once the eye screens, wires, and controller board are installed in the head?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

#61 1 year ago

Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

Hi Franck,
I'm curious about the 3 stock lights that are in the head. Of course the new eye screens replace the original red eye light bulbs. But there is also the third flasher orange light in the middle that makes a really nice light show during game play.
Is there still enough clearance to keep that middle flasher light once the eye screens, wires, and controller board are installed in the head?
Thanks, and keep up the great work!

indeed, I do not know this game and some may wish to give this flash orange.
I realize now that I have been asked the question, here or on FB, I do not know, and I did not understand.
now I understand .
so yes, we can leave this flash orange
here is some photosDSC08662_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC08661_moyenne (resized).jpg

#62 1 year ago

my friend made me pictures of the location he chose to connect the eyes.
here is a photo to locate the card that he says to me is the 'sensor card' of the crate.
(encircled in red)1 (resized).jpg
closer2 (resized).jpg
look the J1 connector3 (resized).jpg
he had plug the positive ( red wire off the mod ) on the grey /yellow wire and the négative ( black wire of the mod ) on the black wire of the connector J14 (resized).jpgHope this helps you

#63 1 year ago

Great news that we can keep the middle orange flasher functionality. Thanks for the nice photos and descriptions.

Also the power routing photos are useful. I'm really looking forward to this mod. We'll have to make sure (with spfxted) that everyone in the #Scared Stiff club knows about this!

#64 1 year ago

thank you for this feedback

#65 1 year ago

looks great

#66 1 year ago

Hi Franck, for your reference, this is what the stock head bracket looks like with the 3 bulbs still attached. I'm not sure if your friend already removed the bulbs from the bracket before he / she gave it to you.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-20947

You can see that while the middle orange light socket attaches near the back (where the arrow points in your picture above), the bulb itself sits much more forward to the front of the skull.

Since that middle bulb is close to the eyes, the clearance looks a bit tight with the screens, controller, etc. from your mod.

However, it seems like all your mod hardware would still fit on top of that orange flasher light. Could you maybe check with a head-on view of the skull with the mod attached? I think it should still fit just fine.

detail.jpg

GS-SS-A-20947L (resized).jpg

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

We'll have to make sure (with spfxted) that everyone in the #Scared Stiff club knows about this!

Good point! Thanks!!

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

Salut Franck, pour votre référence, voici à quoi ressemble le support de tête de série avec les 3 ampoules encore attachées. Je ne sais pas si votre ami a déjà retiré les ampoules du support avant qu'il / elle vous l'ait donné.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-20947
Vous pouvez voir que tandis que la douille de lumière orange moyenne se fixe près de l'arrière (où la flèche pointe dans votre image ci-dessus), l'ampoule elle-même se trouve beaucoup plus en avant à l'avant du crâne.
Étant donné que cette ampoule moyenne est proche des yeux, le dégagement semble un peu serré avec les écrans, le contrôleur, etc. de votre mod.
Cependant, il semble que tout votre matériel de mod se tiendra toujours au-dessus de cette lumière clignotante orange. Pourriez-vous peut-être vérifier avec une vue frontale du crâne avec le mod ci-joint? Je pense que ça devrait encore aller très bien.

I would have to look, in case it's right, we have to drill back to gain some space

#69 1 year ago

I replaced the socket with the bulb, there is room, we can even have more space by flipping the screens but we would have the blink of the eye from top to bottom, it can of course be reversed in the program, but honestly blinking from the top and from the bottom we both a nice effect
DSC08670_moyenne (resized).jpgDSC08669_moyenne (resized).jpg

#70 1 year ago

You do very fine work, Franck.
Très bien!

#71 1 year ago

When is the next batch of these going to be available? I think I need it. Very cool.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

You do very fine work, Franck.
Très bien!

thank's guy

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

When is the next batch of these going to be available? I think I need it. Very cool.

i hope before 15 days, i 'm waiting my order

1 week later
#73 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

my friend made me pictures of the location he chose to connect the eyes.
here is a photo to locate the card that he says to me is the 'sensor card' of the crate.
(encircled in red)
closer
look the J1 connector
he had plug the positive ( red wire off the mod ) on the grey /yellow wire and the négative ( black wire of the mod ) on the black wire of the connector J1Hope this helps you

So, just to make sure I understand: I splice into those two wires?

Got my kit today! I’m two rum and cokes deep though, so I’ll probably do the install tomorrow

#74 1 year ago

yes, for safety, check that you have 12 volts DC and make sure you do not go wrong with the polarity

#75 1 year ago

Oh Baby!! Look what I got! Even the leads on the power wires are pre-tinned!

Franck, thanks so much for the nice packaging and for the kit. Just to be 100% sure, since polarity is important and I don't want to blow up your creation:
Red wire = positive (even for battery)
Black wire = negative
Correct?

I hope I have some time to get to the install this weekend, if not, I'll do it sometime within the next week.
I'll make sure to post a lot of photos here.

Cheers,
Tom

DSC_2507 (resized).JPG

DSC_2508 (resized).JPG

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

yes, for safety, check that you have 12 volts DC and make sure you do not go wrong with the polarity

Just installed your Boney Beast mod Franck, it is very cool. Well done.
Included is a youtube of my mod installed and in attract mode.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from bwrightmcse:

Just installed your Boney Beast mod Franck, it is very cool. Well done.
Included is a youtube of my mod installed and in attract mode.
» YouTube video

adding some photos of Franck's mod installed.

BB3.PNG

BB1.PNG

BB2.PNG

#78 1 year ago

I’m going to tackle this today. Do you happen to have any photos of the installation process?

#79 1 year ago

Yes a great mod, I received mine last week but haven't had a chance to install....and in seeing this last installation, it seems that the pupils are not matched, (symmetrical) ...not sure why that would be.....Franck?

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Yes a great mod, I received mine last week but haven't had a chance to install....and in seeing this last installation, it seems that the pupils are not matched, (symmetrical) ...not sure why that would be.....Franck?

the screens are wired in parallel, so they are perfectly symmetrical.
then if the screens are not well placed, there may be a slight shift of symmetry, but this is not seen

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

Red wire = positive (even for battery)
Black wire = negative
Correct?

Tom

yes correct

#82 1 year ago

I was waiting this week for my control modules and instead I received a message from the seller that the order had just left.
bad period for buyers during Chinese New Year.
I have a few screens in advance, and I will order in France to buy control modules that cost 4 times more but are delivered in 72 hours, just to not wait for the few pinsiders who have make pre-orders.
I will post here when I receive my big order

#83 1 year ago

Alright... what did I eff up? I did black to black and red to yellow/grey at J1. Both on the side of the connector closest to the boney beast.

A13C480D-3906-4698-A610-E86C65394086 (resized).jpeg

*edit - I undid it, and the game’s back to operating error free, but I want to get these eyes going. So do I need to splice into the other side of the j1 connector... or is it one on one side, and the other wire on the other side (and if so, does it matter which?)?

Sorry for the question... I’m still pretty dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Alright... what did I eff up? I did black to black and red to yellow/grey at J1. Both on the side of the connector closest to the boney beast.

*edit - I undid it, and the game’s back to operating error free, but I want to get these eyes going. So do I need to splice into the other side of the j1 connector... or is it one on one side, and the other wire on the other side (and if so, does it matter which?)?
Sorry for the question... I’m still pretty dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff.

am not sure to understand, can you put pictures of your connection

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

am not sure to understand, can you put pictures of your connection

I hooked up black to black (left wire), and the red to the one right next to it (grey/yellow).

A7AE876B-ACBF-4E53-8D26-244B4AB0FCD8 (resized).jpeg

#86 1 year ago

when you cut the wires to connect those of the mod, there is always continuity.
for example, when you cut the black wire to connect the mod's black wire, the two original black wires are well connected to each other
in total, it's three wire, the one you cut, that's two, and the mod, three in total.
I do not see well on your photo
also check if you have 12 volts between the gray / yellow wire and the black

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

when you cut the wires to connect those of the mod, there is always continuity.
for example, when you cut the black wire to connect the mod's black wire, the two original black wires are well connected to each other
in total, it's three wire, the one you cut, that's two, and the mod, three in total.
I do not see well on your photo
also check if you have 12 volts between the gray / yellow wire and the black

Yep, that’s what I did (the photo I posted, however was after I reversed it). I’ll check the voltages.

#88 1 year ago

Just tested. It’s reading -12.9V

#89 1 year ago

you have to put the red pin of your controller on the gray / yellow wire and the black pin on the black wire and you should have 12.9 v and not -12.9v

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

you have to put the red pin of your controller on the gray / yellow wire and the black pin on the black wire and you should have 12.9 v and not -12.9v

Hmmm... that’s what I did. Maybe I have the setting wrong on my multimeter. I stepped out for dinner, but I’ll check again when I get back.

#91 1 year ago

Woohoo!!! It’s working now.

Apparently, I just had a weak connection between the wires. I’m going to solder them together for better continuity, now that I know it works.

#92 1 year ago

Sweeeeeeeet!

D9ABF2BE-85AE-451A-AFC9-71D46E1ACA68 (resized).jpeg

#93 1 year ago

Nice work to you guys that already installed it. What did you do with the original eye lights? After removing the 2 sockets from the bracket, did you keep them somewhere around the head, or remove them completely?

#94 1 year ago

the best would be to recover the original connector from the flasher and solder two new wires to the flashlight bracket,
you can thus keep the old wires system in case you want to go back to the origin

#95 1 year ago

I need to order some of these. Posting so I see when more are available

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Extremely cool mod, but costing way north of 100 euros.... well, too much buck for the bang IMO...

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Extremely cool mod, but costing way north of 100 euros.... well, too much buck for the bang IMO...

Completely disagree. This adds a whole new sinister look. If I still had SS, there is no question I would be buying this. Look at how much people are charging for lit up trinkets on games, this one actually brings the snake to life! I wish there was a version for the Metallica snake head.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

Nice work to you guys that already installed it. What did you do with the original eye lights? After removing the 2 sockets from the bracket, did you keep them somewhere around the head, or remove them completely?

I actually left the sockets there, and just removed the "eye" bulbs. Then I wrapped the empty sockets in electrical tape. It all fits.

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I am waiting for a big order, I will warn here when it will be available

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

in view of what is done in the world of mods, the price is very low and promotional.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside