Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by lb1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
IMG_2785 (resized).JPG
IMG_2783 (resized).JPG
IMG_2782 (resized).JPG
IMG_2781 (resized).JPG
IMG_2780 (resized).JPG
IMG_2779 (resized).JPG
IMG_2778 (resized).JPG
IMG_2777 (resized).JPG
IMG_2776 (resized).JPG
IMG_2775 (resized).JPG
IMG_2774 (resized).JPG
IMG_2773 (resized).JPG
IMG_2784 (resized).JPG
GEDC0304 - Copy (resized).JPG
GEDC0301 - Copy (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Ok got a restored ss that is all in essence in pieces. I am trying to do my first ever reinstall of all the wire harnesses on the playfield and would love some help if anyone has some hi res photos of how they layout on the field. HEP has some great shots but it s after all the harnesses are put together and I can't seem to find any of the underlying items and how they connect. Any suggestions on which harness to start with as well would be great! I'm not the greatest at this but I am going all in!

#2 3 years ago

Wow! Good luck, sir. That's a great game. Have you searched here for breakdown threads?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Ok got a restored ss that is all in essence in pieces. I am trying to do my first ever reinstall of all the wire harnesses on the playfield and would love some help if anyone has some hi res photos of how they layout on the field. HEP has some great shots but it s after all the harnesses are put together and I can't seem to find any of the underlying items and how they connect. Any suggestions on which harness to start with as well would be great! I'm not the greatest at this but I am going all in!

Start with the switch harness Use the switch matrix chart and common sense to coordinate.
For example white/yellow,green/brown left outlane #71 means screw that color combo switch on the left outlane position.Just giving a scenario check the manual for the correct combo and position.
The lamps are the same type of process as well as the coils.
As your to do list/ task shrinks so will your stress level.

#4 3 years ago

does this help

GEDC0290 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0289 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0288 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0291 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0292 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0294 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0293 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0295 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0296 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0298 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0299 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0297 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0301 - Copy (resized).JPG

GEDC0304 - Copy (resized).JPG

#5 3 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'm just hoping to get everything in the right spot. Normally when I do any work I take tons of photos but I picked this one up in pieces so never have done anything like this. I'm pretty much terrified I'm going to wire it up wrong.

#6 3 years ago

Ok I have the switch harness on, pics attached. Please remember I did not take this apart I got it this way so for me it's like putting a puzzle back with no picture. The only issue I am trying to figure out is how the sling switches need to be wired and also the following on how to wire the flipper switches. As you can see I only have one orange wire coming from the harness to attach to the flipper switches. I'm not sure how these attach so any help would be amazing!

IMG_2784 (resized).JPG

#7 3 years ago

IMG_2773 (resized).JPG

IMG_2774 (resized).JPG

IMG_2775 (resized).JPG

IMG_2776 (resized).JPG

IMG_2777 (resized).JPG

IMG_2778 (resized).JPG

IMG_2779 (resized).JPG

IMG_2780 (resized).JPG

IMG_2781 (resized).JPG

IMG_2782 (resized).JPG

IMG_2783 (resized).JPG

IMG_2785 (resized).JPG

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

As you can see I only have one orange wire coming from the harness to attach to the flipper switches. I'm not sure how these attach so any help would be amazing!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-need-a-picture-of-wires-at-eos-switch#post-2263721

The orange wire (GND) is daisy chained with all EOS switches.

#9 3 years ago

Thanks! Now I'm onto the lights and trying to figure out how to daisy chain the gi. How do I know where the harness attaches, and where to end daisy chaining? Also does it matter which yellow gi wire goes from one post to the next?

#10 3 years ago

The GI is not very well documented other than Upper-, Center- and Lower playfield (brn, orn, yel).
If you want it exactly as it was, you'll need detailed pictures from playfield.

#11 3 years ago

Ok so it doesn't matter where the gi gets hooked back in then. Thanks. One last queston for now. I do not have any of the Orange wire to connect the flippers in the daisy chain. I do however have lots of the yellow pre cut daisy chain wire. Can I use this?

#12 3 years ago

It doesn't make it easier to identify when another wire color is used but it will work too.

#13 3 years ago

ok, I have everything soldered and put together under the playfield except for the following, which I could really use help. The flasher wires that attach to the pop bumper "wires" on the playfield itself, which are stapled in, I am not sure exactly how these go and to where on the stapled in metal wires. Does it matter which side the two red attach, and which one the black attach? Do I put them where the staples go, solder them to these wires? I tried looking at vids pop bumper thread but I couldnt figure where in the world they go and to which side.

#14 3 years ago

There is no polarity for the pop bumper bulbs. The bumpers are usually reinstalled first because it's a lot easier to staple and solder without all the other stuff in the way. Where exactly to solder is more a matter of how much wire length and space you have. Also, make sure you don't get to close to some other stuff. Personally, I'm just as happy using a short screw and a washer to connect the whole thing and avoid making a mess with the soldering iron.

#15 3 years ago

I don't have a close up of a SS, but the picture below shows the set-up for LOTR. In the end, all that matters is that all blacks connect to the main black ground, and all oranges connect to the power.

image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside