Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

I would wait a few more months to see what Elwin does with the new Elivra.

If the new Elvira is good that will be an option for you. If it is good for others but not your thing the original SS will slow in demand and should have slightly lower pricing. If Elwin bombs then SS pricing will be about the same as it is now.

Just playing chess moves and not checkers in my thinking.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Not sure about hat logic. BK3 is great and seems to have renewed interest & demand for the first 2.

I see what you are saying NorCal. I really think most of the under $2000 games from the BK era have seen bumps across the board over the last year. Those are pretty good values now even with the bump. Folks like to work on games also and most of the 90’s BW’s that needed love are drying up, so 80’s it is. I like them for sure. Also BK and SS are in two different big price points apart. SS is $5500ish, so right in the entry level NIB range.

Remember how much DESW and STTNG used to fetch? They went down a bit for a while after Stern SW and ST. STTNG has been steadily creeping its way back up though and is about back to normal. And I am not talking about major drops here just little price adjustments.

And these are apple to orange comparisons old to new game wise. It is kinda like if you like Apples SS and see a nice fresh orange Elvia for sale for around the same price or a little more, that can get delivered easily to you, you may just choose that instead to try something new.

There is no real downside in waiting to see about Elvira 3. I think the original SS price is pretty much capped due to the REmake threat anyway. I really don’t think SS will go up once Elvira comes out, but who knows? If you can afford and want both that would be pretty cool also. SS is good and hope new one is good also.

#30 4 years ago

I would rather play two games and announce the winner over playing just one and announcing the winner over a game that’s not even out yet to avoid bias, but to each their own.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 38.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 49.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 38.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 249.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-price-check-1?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.