Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

I'm wondering what a player's Scared Stiff is going for these days. Some insert wear, usual playfield damage by crate and cabinet fade. Everything working well. I see a lot of really nice Scared Stiffs posted but not so many player's condition. Thanks.

#2 10 months ago

Quick sale: 5K
Sit for a while: 6K

#3 10 months ago

It seems like prices have come down a bit lately and I don't want to overpay.

#4 10 months ago

I would wait a few more months to see what Elwin does with the new Elivra.

If the new Elvira is good that will be an option for you. If it is good for others but not your thing the original SS will slow in demand and should have slightly lower pricing. If Elwin bombs then SS pricing will be about the same as it is now.

Just playing chess moves and not checkers in my thinking.

#5 10 months ago

I like your thinking. Makes total sense to me. I didn't realize Elwin was on Elvira 3. Seeing as SS and a NIB are around the same price, it probably makes sense to wait.

#6 10 months ago

6k sounds high to me for that condition (even at the sit-a-while price), but all the prices sound high to me nowadays. That would make mine worth 7k.

Not saying it's not accurate, though.

#7 10 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

6k sounds high to me for that condition (even at the sit-a-while price),

Depends on where (in the country) you are. Here even $6500 would be acceptable as long as the wear is not too excessive.

#8 10 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If the new Elvira is good that will be an option for you. If it is good for others but not your thing the original SS will slow in demand and should have slightly lower pricing. If Elwin bombs then SS pricing will be about the same as it is now.

Not sure about hat logic. BK3 is great and seems to have renewed interest & demand for the first 2.

#9 10 months ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Seems like most Bally/Williams games with the potential to be remade have come off their high horse price increases and have settled down for now.

Quoted from djblouw:

Quick sale: 5K
Sit for a while: 6K

Agreed, I paid $5600 for my players game. The guy had a long line of people after me that wanted it. Also seen one on FB for about the same price and condition sold in a day. If you find one for low 5K it would be gone in minutes.

#10 10 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Not sure about hat logic. BK3 is great and seems to have renewed interest & demand for the first 2.

Was going to say the same thing. Most of the people wanting E3 already have one or the other older pins and a lot of them will want to complete the trio. I'm one of them.

#11 10 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-scared-stiff-43#post-5021467

appears to have not sold.

I would say 5500 is starting price.
At 5k I would be buying, but not more.

When very nice ones go for 7k or less, I am not sure it is worth it to spend 5 on a player with all the issues.

Been watching SS for a while and they have come down a bit in the past year.

I actually have to think it is a possible game for remake at some point. The license is readily available and with Stern making EV3 it would be good timing.

#12 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I actually have to think it is a possible game for remake at some point. The license is readily available and with Stern making EV3 it would be good timing.

I’m pretty sure it will be remade but I wouldn’t expect to see it for at least 3 more years down the road. You would think Stern would be smart enough to get exclusive rites to Elvira for 3 year contract. Plus throw in what other games would be made before it.

#13 10 months ago

...it also depends what's on it. Dancing Boogies, LED Skull Pile, Flickering Candles, Powder Coated stuff, Color Screen, etc.

#14 10 months ago

Wat? They're going to throw out the Nordman/Freres game and have Keith do a new one?

#15 10 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...it also depends what's on it. Dancing Boogies, LED Skull Pile, Flickering Candles, Powder Coated stuff, Color Screen, etc.

None of that good stuff unfortunately...

#16 10 months ago

I see what you are saying NorCal. I really think most of the under $2000 games from the BK era have seen bumps across the board over the last year. Those are pretty good values now even with the bump. Folks like to work on games also and most of the 90’s BW’s that needed love are drying up, so 80’s it is. I like them for sure. Also BK and SS are in two different big price points apart. SS is $5500ish, so right in the entry level NIB range.

Remember how much DESW and STTNG used to fetch? They went down a bit for a while after Stern SW and ST. STTNG has been steadily creeping its way back up though and is about back to normal. And I am not talking about major drops here just little price adjustments.

And these are apple to orange comparisons old to new game wise. It is kinda like if you like Apples SS and see a nice fresh orange Elvia for sale for around the same price or a little more, that can get delivered easily to you, you may just choose that instead to try something new.

There is no real downside in waiting to see about Elvira 3. I think the original SS price is pretty much capped due to the REmake threat anyway. I really don’t think SS will go up once Elvira comes out, but who knows? If you can afford and want both that would be pretty cool also. SS is good and hope new one is good also.

#17 10 months ago

Agree. original Bk interest reignited playing it at recent show waiting for Bk3 lines to simmer down.

Probably same for those who will explore the other Elvira titles as 3 comes out.

#18 10 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I’m pretty sure it will be remade but I wouldn’t expect to see it for at least 3 more years down the road.

Honest question, why would Stern bother redoing Scared Stiff down the road when they could instead do a vault edition of Elvira 3 given that they have the ability to crank more of those out easily?

#19 10 months ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Honest question, why would Stern bother redoing Scared Stiff down the road when they could instead do a vault edition of Elvira 3 given that they have the ability to crank more of those out easily?

I think he means CGC remaking it not Stern.

So what would a really nice SS with powder coat, LED's, no fade, very nice pf, boogie men, skull lights and color dmd be worth? I would think over $7k easily?

#20 10 months ago
Quoted from Edster:

I think he means CGC remaking it not Stern.

With CC and BBB being the next possible heavy hitters, people are looking at 3 years minimum to get a re-made SS, IF....it ever happens.

I wasn't willing to wait that long. I also love the "tried and true through time" B/W components vs. micro SS devices that nearly no one will be able to service.

#21 10 months ago
Quoted from Edster:

So what would a really nice SS with powder coat, LED's, no fade, very nice pf, boogie men, skull lights and color dmd be worth? I would think over $7k easily?

Yeah, if it’s nice 7-7500

#22 10 months ago

I remember when people were liquidating Addams to buy Munsters.

#23 10 months ago

I sold mine about a year ago in San Diego. Sat for a while at $6k. Cdmd, fully shopped, led, mirrors, silicon, no playfield wear. Super nice. Guy at captains bought it and was gonna run through auction. I don't think it met reserve.

#24 9 months ago

I just took the ad down due to summertime slow sales. Needed to find room for BK3 but will figure out a way to fit it in downstairs until Fall and then will relist if not sold. I have a couple interested Pinsiders now even with it off the Market. With the mods and condition I don't think the price is out of line. Really is a great game. I always hate trying to decide which one needs to go to get a new one...SS got the short straw this time. Played it and enjoyed it for 10+ years. The next owner will love it too I'm sure.

#25 9 months ago
Quoted from Hogey:

I just took the ad down due to summertime slow sales. Needed to find room for BK3 but will figure out a way to fit it in downstairs until Fall and then will relist if not sold. I have a couple interested Pinsiders now even with it off the Market. With the mods and condition I don't think the price is out of line. Really is a great game. I always hate trying to decide which one needs to go to get a new one...SS got the short straw this time. Played it and enjoyed it for 10+ years. The next owner will love it too I'm sure.

Yup, summertime sales blues. Most of us are planing vacation or doing other out door activities.
I thought your price was good enough for me to give it a real thought about buying it and selling mine. Not enough cash on hand and to far to drive killed it for me. Wait till fall and it will sell.

#26 9 months ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I remember when people were liquidating Addams to buy Munsters.

Big mistake...

#27 9 months ago

I sold a nice SS with ColorDMD for $6k a couple years ago. Easy sale, fwiw.

Great game, loved having it, don't miss it.

#28 9 months ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

No one wants to overpay!

#29 9 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

With CC and BBB being the next possible heavy hitters, people are looking at 3 years minimum to get a re-made SS, IF....it ever happens.
I wasn't willing to wait that long. I also love the "tried and true through time" B/W components vs. micro SS devices that nearly no one will be able to service.

Agree with this! Although I applaud an Elvira 3 and a remake of a great classic, those games will not compare in quality or game play (in my book) to the Bally Original. Still love playing my machine every day and it isn't going anywhere any time soon.

#30 9 months ago

I would rather play two games and announce the winner over playing just one and announcing the winner over a game that’s not even out yet to avoid bias, but to each their own.

#31 9 months ago

Looking forward to a new Elvira game but I am very concerned that Stern will cheapen the build quality yet again and it will be a dimpled nightmare with cheap plastic parts. At that point, I'm out.

#32 9 months ago
Quoted from Edster:

Looking forward to a new Elvira game but I am very concerned that Stern will cheapen the build quality yet again and it will be a dimpled nightmare with cheap plastic parts. At that point, I'm out.

I know Munsters appears to be a miss, but I was under the impression that BK3 was a pretty solid build. Is that not the case?

#33 9 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I know Munsters appears to be a miss, but I was under the impression that BK3 was a pretty solid build. Is that not the case?

Hate to say this but it has gotten to the point that you probably should not listen to anyone still complaining about Stern and dimples in the same sentence. It has been proven over and over again that all playfields dimple when you drop a steel ball bearing on them and yet some are still in denial and want to pin it on Stern as a sign of their inferior quality. These people are Stern haters.

There's nothing wrong with the build quality on BK3. In fact, I noticed some build quality enhancents over other recent Sterns.

#34 9 months ago

Hate to say this but it has gotten to the point that you probably should not listen to anyone still complaining about Stern and dimples in the same sentence. It has been proven over and over again that all playfields dimple when you drop a steel ball bearing on them and yet some are still in denial and want to pin it on Stern as a sign of their inferior quality. These people are Stern haters.
There's nothing wrong with the build quality on BK3. In fact, I noticed some build quality enhancents over other recent Sterns.

what enhancements?

If you are still missing the fact that Stern uses sub par materials and in particular 1 of their PF makers uses really soft wood, I am genuinely curious what enhancements you think they have made. All I see is additional cost cutting on every game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ennis, MT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside