Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

I'm thinking about listing for sale my Scared Stiff and I'd like to get some feedback on what a good asking price might be for the game.

I haven't 100% decided it is going, likely I'll end up taking a bit of a loss when I sell it compared to what I have in it but my eyes have been wondering to try to buy someone's GBLE, a GB premium or Metallica.

As it sits, this is what we have:

New Ramps (both)
-(Originals Included too if someone wanted to restore them)
Re- Decaled Crate
New Spider Wheel Hub and Motor
New Boogeymen
-(Originals included too)
New Legs
New Coin Door
Spare Leapers
Cliffys Installed
Titan Glow in the Dark Rubbers
Pinball Life lighted flipper buttons
Planetary Pinball Glow Set
(boney beast, candle holders, boney flippers)
ColorDMD
HCP / Clearcoated spare playfield NIB
It has Cointaker LED's and a few Comet Strips and RGB color changers (backbox near the monster face, spotlight on the coffin)
Tilt Graphics Blades (beneath the blades, the wood looks very good)

It is running an original WPC 95 MPU that is free of hacks. It runs a RD Power Board (didn't have a power board when I got it)
Beneath those cliffy's, the scoops showed moderate but not extreme wear. Side art is really good, if not almost perfect. The backbox has a chip out of each corner but they aren't really bad at all.

This playfield has insert wear around the bolts near the flippers and the terrifying insert. The terrifying insert has been decal'd and mylar'd over top. It looks good from the player position and most positions but if you get up close you can see that red vinyl was used to cover up some of the insert wear not handled by the decal. I tumbled, polished or replaced pretty much all of the metal you will see as a player and cleaned it up on the inside really well.

Mylar is pulled everywhere and re-added over the terrifying decal on the crate kick out. I didn't add mylar back to the bop bumper area and orbits but I do keep the playfield waxed. For anything other than HUO, I'd recommend using a makrolon playfield protector or reinstalling new mylar in the pop bumper field and orbit.

I bought the spare playfield but when I started cleaning it up, I just didn't feel like this playfield warranted a swap, it cleaned up really well.

The only thing that is 'broken' - is the subway to the coffin, which has broken dog-ears for mounting on one side, I heat formed some vinyl strips (plantation blinds) to make hangers for it because I haven't found a new replacement for that subway. That worked perfectly but it does tweak my OCD a bit that I can't replace it.

If I decided to sell it I could sell with or without the spare playfield and with or without the ColorDMD. Everyone that sees it calls it akin to a high-end-restore. I say it is a basic restore, minus the playfield swap.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

For me $2k….everybody else $7.5 …..

#3 8 years ago

Really need a lot more well-lit close-up pictures of the playfield and cabinet to give an accurate price. My estimate might go higher. Based on the wear you're describing I'd estimate 6500 without the spare playfield.

Oh, and you need to put some instruction and pricing cards on the apron. It looks unfinished without them.

#4 8 years ago

Can't argue with Robert.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Really need a lot more well-lit close-up pictures of the playfield and cabinet to give an accurate price. My estimate might go higher. Based on the wear you're describing I'd estimate 6500 without the spare playfield.
Oh, and you need to put some instruction and pricing cards on the apron. It looks unfinished without them.

Right on. Thank you. I'll get her pulled out and snap some better photos after the festivities today. It is funny you mentioned the apron cards, I was sitting here about to go office-space-bat-destruction on my epson artisan printer that for some reason this morning doesn't want to print correctly. I'm convinced they build in random print problems just to increase supplies usage.

#6 8 years ago

I might be interested in the extra playfield if you decide to sell it seperately.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I might be interested in the extra playfield if you decide to sell it seperately.

Cool - I think that's the way it is going to go down. Will let you know!

#8 8 years ago

I agree with you on the printers.......every time I go to use mine it decides my ink is low. Or has some other issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 49.00
£ 39.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Shepherdstown, WV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mequon, WI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 38.00
$ 249.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 38.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.