• Good bye, SS. 11 votes
    19%
  • Good bye, Transformers Autobots 38 votes
    66%
  • Sell both! 9 votes
    16%

(58 votes)

#1 4 years ago

I'm considering selling one or both. If I had to choose one, which would you choose and why?

I think I know my answer; however, before making this big a decision, I like to hear the thoughts of others.

#2 4 years ago

I'll probably be in the minority but I enjoy playing Transformers more just feel like it has more variety in the rules.

#3 4 years ago

I'd sell the transformers ,mostly cuz it will be a harder sell than ss

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'm considering selling one or both. If I had to choose one, which would you choose and why?
I think I know my answer; however, before making this big a decision, I like to hear the thoughts of others.

Goodbye, Transformers...eventually. Unless you're pricing aggressively, it's a hard one to move because word is out that it sucks.

#5 4 years ago

SS is fun but very shallow . TF is a blast and much more to go for.

#6 4 years ago

Wow, so far everyone is feeling one way or the other. Poll added to quantify results!

#7 4 years ago

Well, let's put it this way.....I feel Scared Stiff is the best pinball machine ever made....Just sayin'....

#8 4 years ago

Either one. Both are pretty dull. I'd say TF has the edge as far as fun though. SS is way over rated.

#9 4 years ago

I had and sold TFLE. It’s a grind for sure. A couple design decisions and it would’ve been so much better. Rules are deep though.

SS only survives on theme. Commands a high price. I’d keep TF.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

SS is way over rated.

Yeah, that's why prices are plummeting.....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11 4 years ago

TF looks like the only pin out of place in your collection.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

TF looks like the only pin out of place in your collection.

Which is ironic for a pin ABOUT disguise.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, that's why prices are plummeting.....

Prices are up on SF2 also. Must be a forgetten gem.

#14 4 years ago

There are actually quite a few SS’s on the market right now that have been sitting for a while because the asking price is too high.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

asking price is too high.

Condition is very important on this one if not more so than others. Cabinet fade is real bad on this title. These got the shit played out of them so there always seems to be lots pf wear. Really nice ones hold their value.

#16 4 years ago

Well SS is a shallow but super fun.
Transformers is a horrible grindfest with the worst "toy" I'm pinball history. Even if the troll was considered a toy I would take it over that fucking thing.
YMMV

#17 4 years ago

That would have been a terrible mistake.

#18 4 years ago

Transformers is up. Spare LE PF and cabinet decals at $4600.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91032

#19 4 years ago

Did you pull the SS ad due to spontaneous gameroom combustion?? Lmao. That was a good one OP.

Glws

#20 4 years ago

Hehehehe, I'm glad you liked that one. Some people just act like a 230V sticker will make the house fall into a sinkhole or something.

I pulled SS as I knew very quickly that I'd regret it. As my fiancee' advised me "You're selling a game to pay your family personal loan back in full. Transformers will do it. Scared Stiff does NOT have to be sold unless you just want to do it."

While I do want to pay off my F5 1965 Shelby Cobra as fast as possible, I realized it didn't have to be paid off THAT fast. I'm paying double the minimum monthly amount on the loan, so I pumped the brakes on SS.

Plus, last I checked the poll was like 7-26 selling SS to TF. That told me all I needed to know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-or-tf-autobots-le?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.