View topic image gallery

animated-gifs-death-02.gif
ss_eyeball_plunger.JPG
100_0054.JPG
100_0052.JPG
pipe.gif
Animated_0206.gif
#1 11 years ago

which machine do you prefer? good price for each?

#2 11 years ago

also what is a better machine to have in your collection and for resale TZ or SS?

#3 11 years ago

Howdy.
Played both. Own Scared Stiff. I think this will be the next machine to go way up in value.
Twilight Zone is probably better for resale....right now.
Get the Scared Stiff though..you won't be sorry.

Animated_0206.gifAnimated_0206.gif

#4 11 years ago

Agree with spf. TZ is worth more in resale. SS is a terrific game. Some say easy. It's one that will never leave my collection. Such a great and comical game. Love it.

#5 11 years ago

This harkons back to the Space Jam vs. DW thread to me.

#6 11 years ago

Scared Stiff is the more feature rich game here. Party Monsters is a great game too, but Scared Stiff has more bells and whistles. I recommend anyone wanting a Scared Stiff though, have at least one or two more pins. Scared Stiff does get old really fast, and getting to the wizard mode...let alone finishing it....is easy (easier in fact than getting Redline Mania in HS2, and that's saying something). Might explain the price on them, since they are still affordable compared to other non-Congo WPC-95 machines.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from drbond:

and getting to the wizard mode...let alone finishing it....is easy

Well, the first wizard mode, yes. The second is much, much harder.

#8 11 years ago

Both are great. I'd give a slight edge to Eatpm over SS.

#9 11 years ago

I do miss my Scared Stiff. Ultimately left to make way for Twilight Zone. I still miss it though (the only machine next to Demo Man, I have truly missed).

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think this will be the next machine to go way up in value

Huh?? It is already a went from 3kish to nearly 5kish. I would say that is way up in value. But it is an amazing game. I will own it someday...

#11 11 years ago

I've never played EATPM but, I would have to say SS based on features. I love mine and if the game is setup to be hard, well....its not so easy then. I set all the modes on mine to hard, raised the pitch up a bit more then my other games, polished and waxed the sh!t out of my playfield (mine plays fast) and I personally have a tough time getting to scared stiff and have only beat it once. If you leave everything factory, its going to be a bit easy for a decent player. As others have mentioned, very few have made it to spider multiball so, it gives something really tough to strive for over the long haul.

TZs on average go for more than SS but, have peaked, whereas SS if stiff going up. I own both SS and TZ and think they go very well together in a collection.

#12 11 years ago

I own them both & love them both, but if only one could stay it would be Scared Stiff. (but it was a small margin of victory)

#13 11 years ago

Huh?? It is already a went from 3kish to nearly 5kish. I would say that is way up in value. But it is an amazing game. I will own it someday...

You might be right...it would take high 4's to pry it from my claws...

pipe.gifpipe.gif

#14 11 years ago

I have both. Both are great or I would not have them.

SS is worth more than twice EatPM for a reason. You are comparing a System-11 to a WPC-95 DMD game. Of course there will be more rules and dirty jokes.

Both will hold value. But a WPC will increase faster and resell quicker.

#16 11 years ago

SCARED STIFF is a great pinball.It is full of funny sexual innuendo that is awesome.As far as game play, Getting to wizard mode is not as hard as many pinball machines. But getting to be the SPIDER Camp is very hard.I have owned my SS since 1998 and it will not be going!!

100_0052.JPG100_0052.JPG 100_0054.JPG100_0054.JPG

#17 11 years ago

Love this Eyeball Plunger!

ss_eyeball_plunger.JPGss_eyeball_plunger.JPG

#18 11 years ago

stiff for sure great game have had both still own ss awesome game

#19 11 years ago

I like EATPM as a fun game to play when I have a chance to play one but would guess I would tire of it in a small collection. SS is a game I'd like to own but the prices on it and so many of the other games I want have sky rocketed and would have to sell one of my nicest games or maybe two to afford a SS. SS seems like a keeper where EATPM seems like a fun game for awhile but not for as long however they are MUCH cheaper than a SS.

#20 11 years ago

I had both at the same time. I had SS for a few years before getting EATPM and SS is still here. EATMP got old after only a few months had to go to make space. EATPM is still a cool game, but almost everything revolves around the one multiball or completing the ELVIRA letters. In multiplayer games it becomes more about being in the right place at the right time, as you can steal both these features from other players.

-Brian

#21 11 years ago

I own both and both are keepers and i have no plans on selling either one But if i had to down size i would sell EATPM.

#22 11 years ago

Easy ss
3.5k-4.5k for a nice one.

#23 11 years ago

Neither, both are shallow and too easy for home use and there are a ton of other machines I would recommend above either, despite good themes. They both look great of course.

As for TZ going thrown into the mix, that is a no brainer.

#24 11 years ago

They are great for home use and have a great theme that everyone can relate to. I have alot of friends and none of them are that into pinball. And most all of them love these two games. So a good theme and so called "easy" is better.To get to spider multiball is not that easy. But if all you do is live breath pinball maybe then they might be to easy. Most people are not.

#25 11 years ago

EATPM is still a cool game, but almost everything revolves around the one multiball or completing the Elvira letters. In multiplayer games it becomes more about being in the right place at the right time, as you can steal both these features from other players.
-Brian

Yeah, it's much better on SS because you have a bunch of multi-ball situations including Crate Multi-ball and Coffin Multi-Ball.

animated-gifs-death-02.gifanimated-gifs-death-02.gif

#26 11 years ago

I'm getting the impression that whether you prefer Party Monsters or Scared Stiff depends heavily on your view in general regarding System 11 games vs. WPC games.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from drbond:

Scared Stiff does get old really fast, and getting to the wizard mode...let alone finishing it....is easy.

You clearly have never tried to finish "Spider multiball". This is the true wizard mode for SS and is extremely difficult. And if you have done it already and it was easy, then you are truly a pinball wizard, because I have owned SS for 4yrs and still can't do it.

Quoted from pinballman100:

I own both and both are keepers and i have no plans on selling either one But if i had to down size i would sell EATPM.

I own both and feel the exact same way.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

You clearly have never tried to finish "Spider multiball". This is the true wizard mode for SS and is extremely difficult. And if you have done it already and it was easy, then you are truly a pinball wizard, because I have owned SS for 4yrs and still can't do it.
I own both and feel the exact same way.

Is the spider multiball the wizard mode that would start if you stopped the spinner on each award? That would be truly difficult to do, and would seem to be the true wizard mode on SS. Getting the first wizard mode, for completing the six modes, is easy.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Love this Eyeball Plunger!

That is the coolest eyeball plunger I have ever seen!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Hotwheels2me:

Is the spider multiball the wizard mode that would start if you stopped the spinner on each award? That would be truly difficult to do, and would seem to be the true wizard mode on SS. Getting the first wizard mode, for completing the six modes, is easy.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm talking about. The Stiff O'meter is merely a formality.

#31 11 years ago

I'd go ss over tz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
£ 38.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 45.95
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 18.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 49.99
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-or-party-monsters?hl=sandeep and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.