Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by dvandentop
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

what if you were in the market would you buy??

i have played mb and liked it but havent played scared stiff both sorta seem to be of the same genre obviously. if you have both which one do you play more?

#2 12 years ago

I don't own either but have played both and did have a SS on loan. Both are pretty easy. Gameplay I think there is more going on in MB but the price reflects it. SS for the price is a fun pin and worth owning but neither is a keeper in a small collection IMO.

#3 12 years ago

Played both & own a SS.....MB is pretty cool & fun for a while but its also your typical fan Layout. SS is also on the shallow side if talking about getting through the Stiff-o-Meter but the layout is not you usual fan style & the Spider Wheel add a deeper side to the game. Cant go wrong with either but you'll pay 1500-2k more for a nice MB over a nice SS.

#4 12 years ago

MB all the way!

#5 12 years ago

Very different games. My personal favourite is Scared Stiff but if I was looking for a family game I'd go MB as it is more of a family theme and full of multi-balls.

I agree they are both pretty easy but for one exception of the SS spider wizard mode. That is a real challenge to get on SS. Many people own the game for years and don't know of its existence.

#6 12 years ago

I had a MB and now have a SS. I would say for the difference in price SS all the way. I am enjoying SS very much right now. MB was great but it was very expensive. I have learned to enjoy the layout of SS. The back box spider also makes the game a little more fun. They are both great though. They both have great sounds. They both have great light shows though I think SS has a little better light show. You can't go wrong with either.

#7 12 years ago

I own both, currently looking to trade MB. My wife and kids love MB, but it just doesn't click for me.

I really enjoy SS. I've never gotten the Spider wizard mode. The art and light show are great. For myself, I find SS to be a lot more fun. Goes great with a couple of beverages and some buddies.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I own both, currently looking to trade MB. My wife and kids love MB

Keep it for your wife n kids.. lol

#11 12 years ago

MB for me I have owned both at the same time. MB is still here. MB may be easy but it is fun every time I play it.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

MB may be easy, but it is fun every time I play it.

This is exactly how I feel as well.

#13 12 years ago

LOL sounds like a toss up, i have played MB but not SS yet, might have to try to hunt one down to play then decide

#14 12 years ago

According to the map Big John's Billiards in Omaha has a SS you could check out.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

LOL sounds like a toss up, i have played MB but not SS yet, might have to try to hunt one down to play then decide

That is always the best to do. The wife and played them both, they each were great games but we just liked Monster Bash more. Monster Bash was also the last full size Williams brand game made, so that was kinda cool. (Cactus Canyon was the last game made but it went under the Bally label from Williams.) Good luck! Half the fun is the hunt.

#16 12 years ago

I like both...........that's a tough one.

#17 12 years ago

MB easy choice. lastability for decades. mosters of rock is...rocking.

#18 12 years ago

I have both titles and I play them both about equally.

Which do I like better?

Sorry, not much help to you here either as I really like them about equally as well.

But at around $6,000 vs. $3,700, I'd recommend two machines over one if my collection were in the beginning stages.

#20 12 years ago

MB and not even close in my opinion. Although I am not qualified to compare as i have never played MB. I have played SS quite a bit and didnt do much for me.....

#22 12 years ago

Monster Bash > Scared Stiff

#23 12 years ago

MB easy game. SS by a hair. best looking? MB

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

According to the map Big John's Billiards in Omaha has a SS you could check out.

Yes they do, and it is pretty nice. And if you are willing to drive that far, go the extra 40 miles and check out Monster Bash in Lincoln, NE @ Old Chicago as that one is in amazing shape. I'd choose MB by the way.

#25 12 years ago

SS, but you really can't go wrong with either one.

#26 12 years ago

I like them both, but for the price, I'd get SS and another game as well. 2 is better than 1..

#27 12 years ago

I've played both a fair amount and while both are great pins, I'd say MB is vastly superior. It has great toys, humor, and really engaging gameplay.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I like them both, but for the price, I'd get SS and another game as well. 2 is better than 1..

very true, now only if my wife would understand (lol talking about pins)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
£ 37.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 39.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-or-monster-bash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.