Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

hmmm, when was the last time Elvira was relevant?
I love both themes, but just couldn't get into SS. I prefer the speed and shots of Metallica. also, SS doesn't have some of the basic elements of pinball that I prefer, spinners, drop targets, visible locked balls.

Hah, Now that is funny!!! Strangely enough, about the same time Danzig was!

1 week later
#52 10 years ago

I still listen to Danzig.. Good point on relevance however

I miss my SS but as I said MET All the way pro or premium

#53 10 years ago

I'm not going to comment on Metallica, but I do know that Scared Stiff got really old for me after a while. The call-outs are funny and stuff, but they repeat a lot. The game is fun but repetitive. It's awesome looking though, probably in my top 5 in looks. I never say to myself, "I wish I hadn't sold my Scared Stiff". I do say that about Centaur though (what was I thinking?).

#54 10 years ago

You've probably made your decision already, but I'll weigh in. I own a Met Pro, SS, and EATPM.

Met Pro is a lot of fun, it's fast, looks great, but the rules are lacking at this point in time. It's great for a quick game. The only reason I bought one was because I had the ability to change the songs on it.

I've had SS for eons. Are there better games than SS? Sure there are. But compared to Met, I'd prefer SS. Why? It looks better, than Met. The sounds are great. The callouts are WAY better on SS (I *still* cringe every time Lars says "Great Friggin' Shot!"). SS still has one of the toughest goals in pinball - Spider Multiball. And even with Elvira aside, I *love* the theme. She's the icing on the cake.

#55 10 years ago

^^^^^^ Hard to argue with that! Scared Stiff all the way!!

#56 10 years ago

can someone do a mode comparison as it stands right now , even un finished it seems to me MET is deeper in rules so not sure the comotion on it's rules ..

6 tales of terrors if you want to call them modes
Monsters lab(Pops)
Night of the leapers(3 frog Targets)
Crate of terror(Mid crate almost impossible to not hit )
Creep in the coffin(side Coffin lock)after making a left ramp shot
Boney Beast(Left ramp shot)
The Deadheads(3 rollovers)
complete all tales that almost complete themselves to get to the wizard mode of Scared Stiff/
Mini wizard of Spider multi ball if completed all the backbox targets .. Sweet, never did get that before i sold it and wish i didn't until i finished it as i doubt i will get it bach at the 4500 i sold it for . now lets go to the not complete met game

Snake Multi
Grave Multi
Coffin Multi
Electric chair multi
Fuel Mode
And justice for all mode
End of line
Seems so far it is MET that Wins out not even completed . How people complain how this un finished code of MET makes the game suck just irks me when people with WOF and other Games X-men have real Code issues ,while even the way my MET prem is sitting now i am a satisfied PINBaLL Refinery Customer that if it goes un complete it is still more a keeper than SS ever was . Both games flow real well.. More stop and start on SS however . any choice of the two is the tits though . A win win

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#57 10 years ago

You ever sell the Elvira?

#58 10 years ago

Off topic…sort of.I actually prefer the look and play of EATPM to SS.Wierd

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Off topic…sort of.I actually prefer the look and play of EATPM to SS.Wierd

Not weird at all, as much as I love SS I enjoy my EATPM just as much. You have to be able to enjoy the older style System 11 play, but really, anyone who loves pinball shouldn't have trouble with that.

#61 10 years ago

I've never played MET, so I can't say anything about it, except that it looks cool. I own SS and I can tell you it is as fun to play it as it is to look at it.

#62 10 years ago

Hopefully, I'll be playing Metallica soooon......right Geckster?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 38.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
£ 38.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-or-metallica/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.