• 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Propaganda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elvira.jpg
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

I feel if the price and condition are comprable, LOTR is a much better home buy, and in my opinion a more valuable pin. have seen SS range from $2200-$3500 and LOTR $3500-$4500 so that is something to consider, and with Hobbit coming sometime (probably 2016 or so...) it will really bring some attention onto the LOTR game. Plus for me being under 40 Elvira doesn't hold the huge sex appeal.

were? at this price i will pay for shipping and duty!

for SS, i already have LOTR.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

SS range from $2200-$3500

LOL.... .....LOL.....

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Plus for me being under 40 Elvira doesn't hold the huge sex appeal.

That's very narrow minded. There are plenty of folks out there that find Marilyn Monroe and Betty Page sexy today and if they were still around would be much much older than Cassandra Peterson (the person that plays Elvira). Think about it, its their persona or characterization that's sexy.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Plus for me being under 40 Elvira doesn't hold the huge sex appeal.

UM......what ... ? Elvira is amazingly hot - both physically and her character's personality is off the charts. The girl loves muscle/old/antique/hotrods and was personally involved in the creation of EATPM and SS.

Mandatory picture:

elvira.jpgelvira.jpg

I'm going to go against the grain on this one: SS. It, to me, is just more "walk up and play" friendly. Great playfield, fun toys with the frogs (?) that jump, SWEET skeleton ramp, backbox toy with the spider, and Elvira popping so many tongue-in-cheek comments: SS to me is a great party pin or a great "stand alone" pin....

LOTR is an AMAZING pin - deeper than the bottom trenches of the ocean. I could play that game for a year straight 24/7 and still not beat it or completely learn and conquer every mode. That game is crazy intense, and that has its place. Me though, I love fun and straight-forward games like AFM, MM, and SS.

That's it - it's going on my wishlist. Goodbye Freddy, hello SS.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

have seen SS range from $2200-$3500

Note he didn't say WHEN he saw those prices. I'm guessing 2008-2010.

Show me a really nice, well taken care of SS (not CQ or "HUO") for that price range, and I'll slam my head into my DeLorean's door Marty McFly-style.

#57 11 years ago

I want one (SS)...so when you sell your next one Ted..call me.
i already have an lotrle..and that is NEVER leaving my collection.

#58 11 years ago

I know...I played it!..Thank you! If I sell the SS, you are first in line....

#59 11 years ago

I wanna play your WOZ soooon!

#60 11 years ago

LOTR is a bland and boring pin with cheap toys, eternal ball times, and cheap pixilated cabinet/playfield art, while the main feature, the ring itself, only works sporadically. This pin is a symbol of Stern's cookie-cutter cost-cutting days. It's hyped to heights it doesn't belong, it's a flat and below-average pin, despite some very respectable pinball names such as Keith and Granner being associated with it. It's over-hyped, over-rated, over-priced. I expect it to be pushed all the way down to where it really belongs once JJP's Hobbit is released.

SS, on the other hand, is a magnificent eye-candy, a real pinball feast, a potpourri of concept, color, art, sound, mechanics, and graphics, all in the middle of Elvira's letting you know that she's having multiple jackpots. Fun all the way

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Honch....did I forget anything?

I think you got it, Ted!!

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have to play Lotr a few hundred time to appreciate the depth and even then it gets better and better!

This is probably true, considering the depth of the pin. I might have thirty plays on LOTR and probably should give it more time.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

LOTR is a bland and boring pin with cheap toys, eternal ball times, and cheap pixilated cabinet/playfield art, while the main feature, the ring itself, only works sporadically. This pin is a symbol of Stern's cookie-cutter cost-cutting days. It's hyped to heights it doesn't belong, it's a flat and below-average pin, despite some very respectable pinball names such as Keith and Granner being associated with it. It's over-hyped, over-rated, over-priced. I expect it to be pushed all the way down to where it really belongs once JJP's Hobbit is released.

The ring must be destroyed...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 249.00
$ 39.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
£ 37.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-or-lotr/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.