Animated_0206.gif
image.jpg
dc2.jpg
dc.jpg
creature_and_julie_D1.jpg
100_0043.JPG
creature_bts_tubes.jpg
BTS_1_creature_color.jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

If you had to choose one. Which one would you choose?

#2 11 years ago

SS is a top 3 for me, chreech is a great game and lots of fun but I love SS, plus one of the better callout games out there, funny for the whole gang. You can't go wrong with either but I lean towards SS.

#3 11 years ago

I had a SS on location at a bowling alley I work at. A lot of fun. I was sad to see it leave. If a CFTBL showed up, I could spend hours on it! I'd ask the owners to pay me in quarters so I could play it! Creetch is #1 on my wish list. Also we had both in our Pinball Tournament last year, I know a guy that bought one just because he fell in love with CFTBL in the tourney. Go with the Creetch!

#4 11 years ago

Sounds like you may want to add a poll.

#5 11 years ago

For me personally I would choose SS. I have never liked how much the playfield is obscured by the ramps on CFTBL.

#6 11 years ago

Man, that is a real tough one. I'd get whichever one I found first that was in exceptional condition, and was at a price that made sense--you can't miss with either one.

#7 11 years ago

I had CFTBL but traded it, I really miss it and am on the hunt for another one as we speak. Because of that trade I now own a SS however. Very different feel to each of them. If I had to choose now if I was after theme I would go CFTBL, if I was after gameplay and humor I would go Scared Stiff.

Regardless, I'm going to be adding a creech to the collection soon in addition to SS.

#8 11 years ago

SS for me hands down, although I enjoy playing creech at a buddies. I wouldn't give up my SS to get it.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

SS is a top 3 for me, chreech is a great game and lots of fun but I love SS, plus one of the better callout games out there, funny for the whole gang. You can't go wrong with either but I lean towards SS.

+1 Well said...

#10 11 years ago

Absolutely no contest here, SS wins without breaking a sweat.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Bronzelion:

For me personally I would choose SS. I have never liked how much the playfield is obscured by the ramps on CFTBL.

100% agree with this. SS by a landslide for me that's why I bought one!

#12 11 years ago

I would have thought that CFTBL would have won on this question. Does SS not get old quickly? I use to hear that alot but have never owned either but would like too.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Bronzelion:

+1 Bingo.....

#14 11 years ago

I own both and that's a hard choice. For hard core pin playing, CFTBL is a harder and more challenging game. For party fun, SS usually wins out for the casual player. They both have their place, so the obvious choice is get both

#15 11 years ago

The poll should be...How MUCH better is Scared Stiff than Creature...just sayin'

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Bronzelion:

I owned both and this is what killed it for me with the Creech. It's beautiful, but it's not the player Scared Stiff is. Plus the Creature's 2 ball multiball is a little weak and you almost never get to use the whirlpool ramp.

#17 11 years ago

What he said!

#18 11 years ago

Now the mission will be to actually find a SS for sale. It took me a month to find one, they seem to be keepers in the collection and one of the games that most say it will never leave.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

It took me a month to find one

That's actually pretty fast. You're not on spfxted's level, (he gets one every 5 minutes) but you're up there.

Quoted from ctozzi:

they seem to be keepers in the collection and one of the games that most say it will never leave.

Truest post I read today. I should say, although I think SS is the far superior game, CFTBL is a pretty decent pin.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Plus the Creature's 2 ball multiball is a little weak and you almost never get to use the whirlpool ramp.

I personally find this to be one of the coolest things about Creech. I'd use the word "unique" vs. "weak." Not every game needs to be a 3+ ball multiball or have more than one multiball mode. I find Creech's to be one of the most intense/rewarding multiball modes. ...and hitting that timed snackbar shot to re-initiate the mode after one ball has drained is definitley one of the more satisfying shots in the game.

...and the whirlpool ramp is actually quite easy to hit once you've activated the mode...and man, when that shot is hit and you ride that ramp into the whirpool, I find it to also be one of the best uses of nudging (to get those additional triggers on the switch whilst in the pool) you'll see in a pin.

Just my $0.02.

#22 11 years ago

CFTBL is a better game. SS has much easier shots and takes much less time to master. The jackpot/super jackpot system in CFTBL is far more satisfying than just about anything on SS, and I love SS. SS's biggest failing is it's generally a hit X over and over to start Y type of game, and the rules are fairly shallow across the board.

On location, I'd probably play SS more often due to its better callouts and overall humor, but in a collection, CFTBL has way better legs than even the alluring Elvira.

But either way, both are great games. CFTBL is just the more challenging between the two.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

That's actually pretty fast. You're not on spfxted's level, (he gets one every 5 minutes) but you're up there.

Tell em' ctozzi....

#24 11 years ago

Gotta go with SS. Just way too entertaining of a Pin IMO

#25 11 years ago

Well said Jar155, I like your explanation! Thanks!

#26 11 years ago

Creech for me. But, as evidenced by this thread and many others, it's not for everybody. It's a tough game with a lot of close shots that are drain magnets if you miss. The orbits are closed which hampers flow. That big enticing spiral ramp only gets used if you're able to start multiball. And the 2-ball multiball is tough, strategic, and often over quickly. But scoring a 3X super jackbot is one of the best feelings pinball has to offer.

Creech has a rhythm all it's own. Seems you either love it or hate it.

#27 11 years ago

No...I like it...don't love it....

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

No...I like it...don't love it....

Fair enough. Probably should have said "Some love it, some hate it, Ted likes it."

#29 11 years ago

Had a nice SS, let it go and want one back. Creech arrives next week after a very long search. Won't make the same mistake with it. My advice? Buy both and hang on to them

#30 11 years ago

Teddy Likes It...

#31 11 years ago

For youz guys...rare look at Creature candid shot in color...

BTS_1_creature_color.jpgBTS_1_creature_color.jpg

#32 11 years ago

I love CFTBL, everything from the art to theme to cluster of ramps that some frown upon. I tend to avoid themes to have at home with any hint of darkness having kids around. But I have to say SS is a pleasure to play, and get a lot of chuckles out of the sexual references.

#33 11 years ago

I have never played SS, but I own Creature and it will not be leaving my collection. It takes something special for me to hold a game (I have pinball A.D.D.) so there really is something to be said about CFTBL. I think these are two games that are both going to make you very happy. I'd go with the "buy whichever you find in good condition first" advice. Then start your hunt for the other and you'll be a happy camper with two fantastic pins!

#34 11 years ago

ss is it alllll the way.cftbl has music that plays over and over the same music and the kiss lane gets booring so i seld mij cftbl very fast.looks are good plays are not!!!

#35 11 years ago

Both are fun Pins. Creech is the more affordable of the 2, but If I had to pick, it would be SS.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

For youz guys...rare look at Creature candid shot in color..

That would make a great poster.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

Fair enough. Probably should have said "Some love it, some hate it, Ted likes it."

I'm in that boat too. I like Creech, but I don't love it. I still should have kept it either way, since I had a really nice example of one.

#38 11 years ago

...and now they have that LCD screen thingy for the holo...I'm sure you'll find another one...
Yeah, that color pic would make a great poster! I have thousands of candid monster photos!

creature_bts_tubes.jpgcreature_bts_tubes.jpg

#39 11 years ago

I would choose Creech pretty easily. The game is certainly not for everyone though...I would easily say SS has better mass appeal; and is a great game as well.

#40 11 years ago

I've owned both and they both are great and had long legs in our gameroom. I actually sold my CftBL to buy our SS. No regrets-- SS is Awesome, but Creech is still a very good machine.

#41 11 years ago

Man, I like CFTBL by a large margin. I think it's the risk/reward on cashing in on the jackpot or increasing the multiplier that does it for me.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I think it's the risk/reward on cashing in on the jackpot or increasing the multiplier that does it for me.

Yeah Creech isn;t a game that just gives away the jackpot that's for sure...and the super? ouch.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

I personally find this to be one of the coolest things about Creech. I'd use the word "unique" vs. "weak." Not every game needs to be a 3+ ball multiball or have more than one multiball mode. I find Creech's to be one of the most intense/rewarding multiball modes. ...and hitting that timed snackbar shot to re-initiate the mode after one ball has drained is definitley one of the more satisfying shots in the game.
...and the whirlpool ramp is actually quite easy to hit once you've activated the mode...and man, when that shot is hit and you ride that ramp into the whirpool, I find it to also be one of the best uses of nudging (to get those additional triggers on the switch whilst in the pool) you'll see in a pin.
Just my $0.02.

Totally agree.

#44 11 years ago

SS. The animated backglass does the trick for me.

#45 11 years ago

I own both SS and CFTBL !! If I had to pick I would choose CFTBL . It has a great multi-ball progression that is very fun

100_0043.JPG100_0043.JPG

#46 11 years ago

Both brilliant. So close, too close to call.

#47 11 years ago

I have both and really enjoy both of them, maybe you should look into how you can aquire both of them.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have both and really enjoy both of them, maybe you should look into how you can aquire both of them.

What kind of money would that take ? HUO

#49 11 years ago

HUO is only three letters that is well over played and really doesn't represent what it had many years ago. To find a true HUO machine will be like hitting powerball, however to find very decent machines with little to no wear is much more acceptable and not so easily done outside of the collectors community, but to put a price for both I'd guess in the 7500.00 range that's 3K for CFTBL and 4.5k for the Stiffie.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

and 4.5k for the Stiffie.

I doubt you're going to get a beautiful SS for 4.5K. That's probably about 1K light.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

£ 39.00
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 249.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-or-cftbl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.