Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mjfisher
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jackalwere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago

In your collection it would be fine, but I'm a bit concerned based on your White Water rating. The two games are different in layout and theme, but they share similarities in design. Nordman is a master of accessible but shallow. His games are approachable for the novice and have a little challenge for the experienced player, but over time can feel a bit repetitious, something I don't experience with AFM but I do with MM. I love my Scared Stiff (I bought it in 2007) but I will admit that it needs a lot more variety in the callouts for the Deadheads and Feed the Crate (which obviously isn't happening), and the Leapers are annoying as hell. I can't imagine paying current price for it, especially when a new one (with rumored Lyman code) is on the way in a comparable price range. Mine's been pretty maintenance free. I will say that guests absolutely love it, probably more than I do, but I still enjoy playing it and it's the theme that has its hooks in me. I have never finished the Spider Wheel so there's still that challenge...

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I played White Water a bit that day as well. The game is fun, but something about just makes me shy away after awhile.
Theme and "novelty" aspect is what kept me on it and raised my interest.
Went down "Stern alley" while there to get my fix of that sort of game (DP pretty solid), but kept going back and playing SS...Maybe because it was so different than anything I currently own.
Having TWDLE and AlienLE provides plenty of deep horror, but also enjoy the campy stuff like CFTBL and Munsters.
I'm an average player at best, and just enjoy " feel good" games at times. This seems like one of them.

Theme is what does it for me, so that's probably the difference between this and WH20 for you. And it is nice to have a feel good game to play after BSD kicks my ass...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jackalwere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-opinions?tu=Jackalwere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.