• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4309 (resized).JPG
IMG_4310 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I got tired of my frogs heads banging on the playfield glass so I found these rubber rod caps at Marcos and they didn't last one leap! I bought these 3/32" collars off eBay : ebay.com link: itm and am happy to say my frogs don't need helmets! I left the old rubber sleeves on to act as a cushion so they won't make a clanking sound, thought I would share with fellow S.S owners.

IMG_4310 (resized).JPGIMG_4310 (resized).JPG
IMG_4309 (resized).JPGIMG_4309 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Dennis designed the frogs that way.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Dennis designed the frogs that way.

To hit the glass? If that's true, It sounds like animal cruelty and I'll have no part of it. I will NOT have my frogs go through traumatic brain injury for no reason! I'm keeping my fix and will be speaking to the ASPCA about this.....

#4 6 years ago

I wonder if a spring from a ball point pen would act as a cushion between the stop and the bracket.

#5 6 years ago

They are supposed to hit the glass. Same as the beer mugs in CC.

The only reason there are stops on the bottom rods is to keep the frogs from shooting into space with the glass off when testing or lifting the playfield up. For that I used a rubber post cap and pushed the rod clear through. Then used a bit of tape to keep the cap from sliding down.

#6 6 years ago

I just used multiple layers of shrink wrap tubing to fix mine. This method will allow you to custom set the leap height and I haven't had any issues with them falling off.

1 week later
#7 6 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

To hit the glass? If that's true, It sounds like animal cruelty and I'll have no part of it. I will NOT have my frogs go through traumatic brain injury for no reason! I'm keeping my fix and will be speaking to the ASPCA about this.....

Yes it's true. We talked about when he designed both Elvira machines when he was at my house. A couple if years ago.

#8 6 years ago

Not the first time he has incorporated this in his designs. White Water's insanity falls ramp is designed to send the ball into the glass (gently).

#9 6 years ago

Usually I like to keep things stock but I don't like them hitting the glass so I'm keeping the stoppers on, interesting to know that the designers designed it that way though.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 37.00
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
£ 38.00
£ 38.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 49.00
£ 39.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 37.50
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 249.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-leaping-frog-fix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.