Scared Stiff Glitch

By shanknitrate

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi there,

I have recently bought a Scared Stiff running the 1.4 rom. It is working well besides one small glitch and looking online I haven't seen any other discussion of it happening so I was hoping someone here may be able to help me.

When 2 balls have been locked in the coffin already, but the lock is NOT lit for the third ball to be captured, if you shoot the ball up the left orbit (where the lock would be) it will play the animation, lights, and sounds as if you have activated the "Stiff in the Coffin" mode. Usually the ball goes into the skill shot hole or spider hole after this shot and it holds it there until the animation has finished. Then the game resumes as normal. This will happen as many times as you make that orbit shot while 2 balls are locked already and the third lock is not yet lit.

The diagnostics report that all as is it should be but this is my first pinball machine so I haven't tried anything else to fix it. I'd appreciate any advice on things to check.

I notice that the 1.5 rom lists one of its improvements as "Improved Coffin Multiball display effect" but that doesn't really sound like it is dealing with the problem I am having.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

2 months later
#2 8 years ago

I know this is a bit late but I noticed nobody responded to you. If the game has LED bulbs there is one that's under the coffin ramp that can cause opto for the coffin to trigger. I had this problem and I had to change back to a standard bulb to get the machine to stop doing that. You can really see it interfere with that opto if you have the Rottendog opto board. That board has LED diagnostics on the board that shows when the Optos are made or not made.

10 months later
#3 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply - I did sort this out so thought I'd update this old thread just in case it helps someone else out. One switch, I think it was the left loop, had the diode soldered on backwards. I decided to look closely at it after checking the switch matrix and seeing that it could be activating the coffin lock. Reversed the diode and everything works perfectly.

Not the best explanation but if anyone has a similar issue I'll be happy to go back to the manual and re-trace exactly what was causing the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 249.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
£ 49.00
£ 39.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
£ 37.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-glitch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.