• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Code
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello all

Maybe someone could help me with this situation.
I noticed on my SS that the Gi lights were not working. I unplugged and replugged the connector of the GI lights. After turning the pinball on, the GI lights are back on. Once I close the coin door and cause a tilt, the lights won't come back on again. Even when I start the game, the lights stay off.
I also reflowed the connector on the board. All fuses are fine. The connectors don't look burned (connectors are black so I might not notice a burned connection well).

Has someone maybe encountered this problem before? Might I need to redo the connector on the cable?

Thanks in advance for your help

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Code:

Has someone maybe encountered this problem before?

Any burn on the transformer connector ? Any burn on the connector onto the driver board ? Any burn on the connector going off the board ?

If none. I'd grab a meter and check AC onto the driver board left side, and then AC leaving the driver board. First try and see where it stops.

You reflowed the solder for the connector - did you take a meter and check across and through board continuity ? Easy to have lost it and not be able to see it.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

LTG Thank you very much for your swift reply! I checked the connector on the driver board and it doesn't seem to be burned. I will check the transformer connector and also check the continuity. I'm sure it's just some tiny problem (hopefully) .

#4 3 years ago

Also measure TP 106 Zero Cross on the Driver Board. TP 4 on the older board. Make sure its not high IE 5 VDC or 0 VDC
Typically 0.5 VDC and about 1 VAC
It has clock pulses that sync the CPU with the AC Input

#5 3 years ago

Hello again
All connectors look fine. Nothing is burned. I checked the VAC output and its around 6-7VAC with every cable. I checked the TP 6 and the VAC is at 1.13 and VDC 0.43

The only thing I noticed that the connector to J105 has continuity between all the cables when connected to the driver board. Im not certain if thats suppose to be like that

I’m not sure where to continue my search

#6 3 years ago

Hello again
All connectors look fine. Nothing is burned. Continuity on the board seems to be fine. I checked the VAC output at the gi light cables and they are all around 7.1. Maybe I am measuring wrong..

I checked the TP 6 and the VAC is at 1.13 and VDC 0.43

The only thing I noticed that the connector to J105 has continuity between all the cables when connected to the driver board. Im not certain if thats suppose to be like that

I’m not sure where to continue my search

#7 3 years ago

I noticed when I started measuring the Q3-Q5 the bulbs are then back on. Once I take the multimeter away, they go off again.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Code:

I noticed when I started measuring the Q3-Q5 the bulbs are then back on. Once I take the multimeter away,

Try wiggling them. Maybe a loose solder joint.

LTG : )

#9 3 years ago

Didnt work but I will reflow all connectors now

#10 3 years ago

Still the same issue. I assume that something is defective on the board. When I touch both legs with the multimeter on the Q5 for example, the row of lights are on again.

#11 3 years ago

I was meassuring the contacts on the chip U2 and noticed the lamps are back on again...I guess I need to reflow the U2 chip and all should hopefully be ok again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 38.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Olive Branch, MS
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Shepherdstown, WV
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
£ 39.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

£ 49.00
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.