• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ChrisS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey All,

Working through a SS I picked up. I have changed over to LED's and I'm getting a lot of the bulbs that are staying with other lamps.

When I do a single lamp test often i end up with the selected light working properly and then a second light being on at about 50% intensity in some cases.

I have some cointaker ghost busters I'm going to try in some places to see if it fixes this.

Is there that much voltage bleed with these machines or do you think I have another issue? Ideas on where to start working though the issue?

Thoughts?

#2 10 years ago

I think you should just let me have that machine, doesn't sound like you are treating it right!! I"ll be over to pick it up tomorrow!!

I have the non-ghosting stuff from Cointakers in my TAF and I don't get any bleed over or ghosting. I did put in one standard bulb and it would ghost, so hopefully the non-ghosting stuff will take care of it for you.

But my offer still stands I will gladly take that off your hands free of charge!

Phil

#3 10 years ago

Buy the premium non-ghosting super brights from coin taker, it will fix that.
http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc;jsessionid=CB608CC9382E10A3DF951095E7831D94.m1plqscsfapp02?categoryId=184

#4 10 years ago

Sounds like standard ghosting. the ghostbusters should take care of it. If not, if you dont pop down to Terry's; I can bring some of his non-ghosters over to your place.

#5 10 years ago

ChrisS,

SS being a WPC95 does 100% have ghosting issues. Like Hazoff said, Cointaker super brights non-ghosting is the way to go. I had the same issue w/ my IJ (Williams). It drove me nuts..

#6 10 years ago

I have a mix of leds from various vendors in SS and have no ghosting whatsoever.

#7 10 years ago

....sounds funny...a Scared Stiff....with no ghosting...

#8 10 years ago

I have cointaker standard super brights in my scared stiff and do not see any ghosting at all

#9 10 years ago

another ghostless SS

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Sounds like standard ghosting. the ghostbusters should take care of it. If not, if you dont pop down to Terry's; I can bring some of his non-ghosters over to your place.

Thanks Tim.

I'm going to head down there tomorrow and pick some up.

You need anything?

chris

#11 10 years ago

Scarred stuff should not have that much ghosting. Does it have a stock board or a third party board? Will be interesting to see if non ghosting solves it. You may have anither problem such as a bent diode.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Thanks Tim.
I'm going to head down there tomorrow and pick some up.
You need anything?
chris

If he has a fish tales and creature, you can grab those for me...

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Scarred stuff should not have that much ghosting. Does it have a stock board or a third party board? Will be interesting to see if non ghosting solves it. You may have anither problem such as a bent diode.

So I had a sample pack of non ghosting LEDs so I did some testing as I went through things. So far the ones I have replaced have corrected the issues.

Chris

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If he has a Fish Tales and creature, you can grab those for me...

I would sell you my FT but I'm sure Dave would get pissed that he didn't get first dibs. You want to borrow it?

Chris

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

So I had a sample pack of non ghosting LEDs so I did some testing as I went through things. So far the ones I have replaced have corrected the issues.
Chris

Ok awesome.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I would sell you my FT but I'm sure Dave would get pissed that he didn't get first dibs. You want to borrow it?
Chris

Dave won't get mad.... he hates pinball (I think?). Borrowing would require returning, not sure if I can make that sort of commitment...

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Borrowing would require returning, not sure if I can make that sort of commitment...

Damn it. I was hoping you were going to take it and get annoyed that it isn't all dialed in and you would do it for me. Ok now i need to find a different route.

chris

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Damn it. I was hoping you were going to take it and get annoyed that it isn't all dialed in and you would do it for me. Ok now i need to find a different route.
chris

I wish I could tempt you with a pocket full of cash, but you don't have that many machines in your collection (only TWO in the living room?), I can see where letting one go could be tough. I also wish you didnt have your FT next to WoF and NGG, that really makes trading for ones of those even harder.... Hmmm, head to head gophers ala NBAFB?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I wish I could tempt you with a pocket full of cash, but you don't have that many machines in your collection (only TWO in the living room?), I can see where letting one go could be tough. I also wish you didnt have your FT next to WoF and NGG, that really makes trading for ones of those even harder.... Hmmm, head to head gophers ala NBAFB?

That's a great idea. One of those code wishes can come up with something to link them.

Yeah, my buddy who helped me move living room machines was commenting that now it was going to get out of control since I was putting me in the living room now. He kept saying over and over. "All bets are off"

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

£ 39.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 38.00
£ 49.00
$ 249.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-ghosting-insert-lighting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.