Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi guys, the coffin door on Scared Stiff keeps randomly opening in both attract mode and gameplay. I can't tell what switch actually tells it to open, I was going to start there - does anyone have any idea what it might be? Thank u Don

#2 8 years ago

Hey, who can help!!!!

#3 8 years ago

Can't believe nobody has had this issue with ss.

#4 8 years ago

Did you check the owners manual for the switch matrix? Coffin door should only open when third ball is locked for coffin mb and then when the game ends and there are balls locked it will release them. I'd check the switches/optos at the ball lock and in coffin area. I've never taken the coffin apart so I don't know exactly how it works, but you should be able to narrow it down. If everything else works in the game, this sue would seem to be isolated to that area.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Hi guys, the coffin door on Scared Stiff keeps randomly opening in both attract mode and gameplay. I can't tell what switch actually tells it to open, I was going to start there - does anyone have any idea what it might be? Thank u Don

Is there speech associated with it opening? The one I had would pop open sometimes during gameplay as the ball would roll by on the ramp and it would say"boo". I can't remember if it did this as well in attract mode.

#6 8 years ago

The game does this, depending on ROM version. The game will not always say "Boo" when it randomly opens the coffin door.

#7 8 years ago

The op figured it out on the SS club thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 49.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 37.00
$ 69.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 249.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-coffin-door-popping-open and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.