909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2918 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks Dude! So, all I need to do is pry that nail forward and pull it out. I already have other rails, so I'm not worried about these.
Pull old rails off after removing nails. Put new ones on and put nails back...or screws, etc. Got it!

Fairly straight forward just take your time. There is one screw and nut at the front of rail near the lock bar to remove both sides. if your not set on keeping and reusing the old rails you can simply and Slowly pull them up and at an angle. Note that it is best to do one side at a time and you Really should lower the backbox mount arm so you can access the full length. Just remove the 2 screws holding it to the back box and let it hang. Heat can help to slightly soften the old tape as some can be a Bear! Just be careful not to overheat the decals! Pull upward and out only so as not to tear the cabinet art. Use a sharp straight blade razor to remove excess black adhesive tape so the new rails mount flush. Finally, I strongly recommend the 3M moulding tape (link below). Pretty much the same as the original used. Don't use cheap foam tape! Good luck and take your time!

Link to 3M moulding tape:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JOVUO0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage

#2921 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It seems pretty strong...can it be removed if I ever want to change rails?

It is pretty strong but I have removed rails with this tape before. I prefer this tape because it is fairly slim in profile and also rigid similar to what the factory used to keep the rails straight and not spongy up against the cabinet. Hopefully your not going to keep removing them often if thats the case don't use any tape.

2 weeks later
#2963 5 years ago

Ok similar to Delt31 I just got my first ever SS this week and Love it. Need to adjust the VUK to the ramp as someone posted with washers to make it eject more repeatable but otherwise perfect. New SS guy question, below the flippers in the remote there are 2 small impression holes. What are those for or were they for? My playfield is clearcoated so it doesn't bother me just curious why they were there. Thanks to all for the info and tips, definitely helped Pre-educating for the games arrival.

1 month later
#3022 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Question for SS owners/players .... a guy I know has a SS and he said when he got the Stiff O Meter everything starts lighting up and going crazy but he also said about 30 seconds in the machine just shut down and then re-booted. Never owned SS so not sure of this issue....anyone ever experience this?

Needs caps or BR’s changed. Fairly comment in this older titles. Not expense to do either. Good luck

#3028 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Got some great mods installed this weekend - LEDOCD, GIOCD (still not sure if this is all that helpful on this game), the bony beast eye mod, Stern anti-glare glass, speaker upgrades! And these awesome lit hinge mods:

Love that eye mod. Way creative and looks incredible. Congrats looks Awesome!

#3058 5 years ago

My new to me RRR SS got a minor beauty upgrade with new moon dust black powder coat and webbed mirror side blades. I am So happy I found this HUO jewel only took me 8 years to find one in this condition. The Bill Davis clearcoat still shines like a mirror of perfection. Time to play with some mod ideas.....

The Mod Couple

IMG_0402 (resized).jpgIMG_0402 (resized).jpgIMG_0403 (resized).jpgIMG_0403 (resized).jpgIMG_0406 (resized).jpgIMG_0406 (resized).jpg
#3059 5 years ago

A very simple mod anyone can do at low cost and Really cool (hot actually?) effect is to swap the #44 bulb behind the candle in the backbox with a Comet Flame bulb! Perfectly placed behind the candle flame the effect is really nice with the candle flickering. Minor but effective!

IMG_0397 (resized).jpgIMG_0397 (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2018-07-21 at 12.18.05 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-07-21 at 12.18.05 PM (resized).png
#3065 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

The other thing I did. Since it was an HUO game I didn't want to replace the side rails. So I just elongated the holes a little bit on the green rails and installed them over the originals. They fit so tight and matched up so well that if you didn't know that they were installed over the originals you wouldn't notice it.

Really looks great. Can’t say I have ever seen anyone install rails over the rails but as long as it works. Pulling the old rails wasn’t really tough and luckily no art got damaged. Just a great title that deserved a bit more than stainless in my opinion. Game is looking great!

1 month later
#3079 5 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

My stiff suffered a rather painful injury...[quoted image]

Looks like you a limp bone issue...

1 month later
#3132 5 years ago
Quoted from MrNanaba:

Think I’m going to go the color DMD route....difference on LED vs LCD...and do both options connect the same?

Go LCD on this game the animations are very well done and worth the few dollars more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

£ 39.00
£ 37.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.