909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2606 6 years ago

Out of curiosity, how much to the old, unrestored playfields normally sell for?

#2608 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

100 bucks! I'm buying one!!!

For that price, buy 2.

1 month later
#2653 6 years ago

I can say, with a bit of pride, that I managed two Monster Multiballs in a single night a few months back. It was epic.
Of course, this was after more than a month of a dry spell, so there is that.

#2655 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hmm.... In a 5-ball game, it's not unusual for me to achieve 2 Monster multiballs on a single game...

Three ball, stock rules. I've never played a 5 ball version.
It's still the most pain of any game, draining at the top of a stiff o meter.

#2660 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

One shot away! And drained the ball.

So much anguish

3 months later
#2840 6 years ago

Does anyone happen to have some broken ramps or skull pile sitting around? I need some for a project.

2 weeks later
#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

How did you go about getting the plunger properly aligned?

Well, I think that those guys could probably handle that task.

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Someone said I may need a heat gun (or hairdryer?) to remove the old rails?

I use a thin scraper under the rail right next to the nail to lift it slightly. Then, I use a pair of vice grips with a sharp set of teeth at the very end, and work them under the lip of the nail. The vice grips I use are Irwin brand. They look something like this: http://www.irwin.com/tools/locking-tools/fast-release-long-nose-locking-pliers-with-wire-cutter

I looked through everything they had at Lowes to find a set where the teeth are exactly at the end of the jaw. Worked like a charm.

More info
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-side-rails-vids-guide

#2899 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks! So I really don't need to heat them up?

For a rail, I am not sure why. I've pulled a few, and they were only held on by the nails. I'd be curious to see if there was a difference.

#2901 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

So, all I need to do is pry that nail forward and pull it out

Yeah, being very careful to not damage the decal and paint. I generally have one very thin metal blade for the initial work, then I use a slightly thicker one once I've gotten one part of the rail a little loosened.
I would be careful with the rails, too. If nothing else, you could snag a couple of bucks for them if they don't get too scratched up or bent.

#2913 5 years ago

Interesting. Granted, I've only done a few, but I've never run across any that were taped. In light of that, I withdraw my previous comments about heat.

#2916 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

All W/B side rails use a commercial equivalent of two sided tape

Good to know. Kinda a PITA, but something to keep in mind. Thanks!

#2923 5 years ago

Quick question:
How many people would be interested in purchasing a new replacement crate door? Kerry from Mantis Amusements is considering doing a run of them if he can get enough interest.

EDIT: I completely messed up with a phone auto-correct. This is a question about the door.

#2925 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Plastic or metal? I replaced mine with a metal one. Much stronger when beat on with a large metal ball!

Metal. In case you aren't familiar with his work: https://mantispinball.com/product-category/scared-stiff/

#2926 5 years ago

Ok, I have two interested parties already.

#2930 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How much would they cost?

Between $20-30.
I was looking for one, and they seem to be out of stock everywhere. If someone happens top have one, let me know. He would need a sample anyway.

2 weeks later
#2967 5 years ago

Quick question: is it possible to set the Stiff-o-meter to start at 5 tales? I ask because I was playing on location last night, and, in addition to a lot of the "easy" rules being active(extra balls easier to get), I started the Stiff-o-meter after the coffin mb but before I finished crate. I've never seen it behave that way before, so I was curious if this was a bug or if I missed something in the manual.

#2969 5 years ago

Yeah, I'm thinking it had to be a weird bug. I've had that same machine start a stiff-o-meter immediately upon breaking into the crate(so, no multi-ball, just stiff-o-meter), so I suspect this might be related.

#2979 5 years ago

I don't hit it often on purpose(read: ever). It's an occasional happy accident.

#2988 5 years ago

I was looking for a set, but I'm also looking at a more interactive version.

1 week later
#2990 5 years ago

This is an early version, with a lot of noise and tearing in the signal(it's clean now, but I don't have a newer video), but I have pinmame running on a Raspberry Pi and drawing to a physical DMD:

I'm playing with a custom SS build, and I'm using the Pi to run the ROMs.

Also, does anyone have a source for the actual spider in the backglass?

#2992 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is this connected to a virtual table, or are you focused on recreating the A/V board with the Pi? That is very cool

I'm recreating a physical game(with some changes) via the Pi. I got a nice playfield from a pinsider(too nice to consign to wall art; many thanks to DefDumBlindKid), some ramps and other bits and a free cabinet from a friend. I decided to see if I could drive a physical DMD and playfield from the Pi, and so far, so good. We'll see how far I get. I am planning on some hardware and toy enhancements, so my friends and I are calling it SS V2 right now. My other project(a retheme/custom build) takes priority, but I am designing many of the controller components to be interchangeable, so even that work is making progress on this project.

1 week later
#2999 5 years ago

She's very lovely, but I don't think that that is Elvira. The eyes, nose and cheeks all look wrong. Maybe it's just a weird angle, but that looks like April Wahlin.

#3003 5 years ago

This is who I thought it was. But it's a fine idea, regardless. I think I'll be doing something similar!

elvira-april1 (resized).jpgelvira-april1 (resized).jpg
#3004 5 years ago

I figured y'all might like this:
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/25/monte-michael-moore-elias-chatzoudis-buzz-cover-elvira-1/

Elvira2018-01-01121-ExcluMGAMoore (resized).jpgElvira2018-01-01121-ExcluMGAMoore (resized).jpg
2 months later
#3093 5 years ago

Is there a source for the spider in the backbox? I know that there is a NOS spider on ebay, but this is for an art project, so I don't need it to be a perfect replacement. I have a spare translite that is a little beat up, and I was going to make it into an interactive art piece for the house, with a spider that randomly spins.

1 week later
#3095 5 years ago

That looks nice! After I got outbid on the NOS spider, I found this: ebay.com link: Hard Plastic Tan Spiders Halloween Decor Lot 2 4 x 6 NWT

They look pretty close, so I decided to grab some. I'll throw them on an indicator and see how it looks.

#3102 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcbud:

Since you had partial operation since it failed completely, it is probably not a fuse, but visually inspecting a fuse is sketchy and is better done with a multimeter set to measure Ohms which you can get for $9 on Amazon. It should measure 0 for a good fuse.

This. Also, check your voltages while you have the multimeter out. That could be another source of failure.

#3106 5 years ago

A follow up to my post about the spider I found. It fits well and looks right to me. My super custom version continues to grow...

20181002_213623 (resized).jpg20181002_213623 (resized).jpg
#3110 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Pretty cool! Where did you get it?

EBay. There are a few variations of them. These were the tan ones. It was from a Halloween decoration brand called "Eerie Alley."
I think that the skeletonized spiders they sell in various places this time of year might also look good, especially if you painted them to match the bony beast.

#3112 5 years ago

Anyone have a spare crate door? I got outbid at the last minute on the one on eBay.

#3114 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Does anyone know how to replace the optos or lights on the trough board as 1 of mine is out. Parts and is soldering required? I think it is...

Looks like it. It's all through hole if I recall. Should be fairly easy.

1 week later
#3126 5 years ago
Quoted from MrNanaba:

Great thought. Didn’t think or know this...Are DMDs interchangeable? I have the original that came with MMR when that got a color upgrade at purchase. I will try that. Also could I use the color DMD off that machine or is there special software that comes when you buy the color one to make it work? I also have my AC/DC that I could borrow from.

There are voltage differences. The older ones are high voltage. The newer Stern models are low voltage. I drive mine(a newer one) from a PC power supply.

#3128 5 years ago
Quoted from MrNanaba:

On either of these is there a guide to help know how to test the boards and voltage?

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/index2.htm

Quoted from MrNanaba:

Got home. Realized I don’t have a basic extra DMD and don’t think the one in AC/DC looks compatible and if was not sure I’d want to pull that one out.

It should be the same I/O interface, just different voltages. If you have an Arduino, you could write a quick test(or I could dig up my old code). I have also written a test for the Raspberry Pi, prior to hacking Pinmame to drive it directly.
But, I would imagine that you could find a spare Stern DMD for a cheap test, especially if it's one with a bad pixel. Ask around locally to see if someone has swapped one out. One of my friends had one that I borrowed when figuring out the timing for my code.

#3130 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcbud:

I do remember that when I installed my ColorDMD, that it connected to a completely different part of the machine, and in fact, you don't use the original cable anymore.

Right. It uses the same ribbon cable(the I/O logic) but feeds from a lower voltage source afterwards. That's why you could use a Stern DMD to replace a WPC DMD if the high voltage circuit is shot.

1 week later
#3145 5 years ago

Does anyone have some spare pop bumper caps and centers?

#3148 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Me too please. I had to substitute one blue one with a red one.

I'd even take clear ones that I could mod with blue LEDs.

2 weeks later
#3156 5 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

My crate is letting the ball in anytime now..any idea on fixes? I am kind of a mech noob

The last time I saw a machine doing this, it was the door stop plunger. Check to see of anything in that assembly is broken.

1 week later
#3166 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone pondering a restore and need parts?

PM sent.

1 month later
#3185 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Any slings? Is anyone making re-pro's of the slings anymore? I have a set and not sure who made them, but they're pretty cheesy compared to NOS. The colors are too bright and there's no black outlines in the feet.

Someone was making some pretty nice repos a while back. I don't have the link off the top of my head, but it was recent.
I'm building one from parts, and I have something a little different in store for my slings(and my skull pile, for that matter).

EDIT: Found it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-sling-plastics-repro#post-4597867
Not as recent as I thought.

1 week later
#3193 5 years ago

Does anyone have a spare diverter blade, by any chance?

1 week later
#3201 5 years ago

I've got a spare coffin weldment that I'm looking to trade for other SS parts. I'd consider selling it, but I'm in need of various bits and pieces. If you need one, let me know. I'm looking for lots of the various playfield pieces, so if you have some left over from a restoration or something, I'd also be willing to buy.

20190209_155230 (resized).jpg20190209_155230 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3233 5 years ago

As far as I can tell after talking to vendors like Marco, there is no one making this shade of cap. I thought about trying my hand at it if I am not happy with my transparent lighted tests. I haven't found any thermo-form options that look right, so I suspect that an injection mold is likely the route. If someone does have a source, please share.

1 week later
#3247 5 years ago

Nice! I'm doing the same thing.

#3249 5 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey TOD
I measured all the ball guides and made dwg files so that they can be laser cut. If you need them, pm me.
Wally

That would be brilliant! I had a bunch of questions about how you sourced certain parts. I'll ping you offline. Thanks!

1 month later
#3288 5 years ago

At about 2:15 or so, the camera turns a little, and a Scared Stiff is revealed.

#3290 5 years ago

My hack for pinmame to let it drive a DMD from a Raspberry Pi is proceeding well. Here is the Scared Stiff ROM running in attract mode:

I'm still working on a couple of bugs, but it's 90% there at this point.

1 month later
#3306 4 years ago

Since my SS build is not bound to the original hardware, I've been thinking about doing away with the jumping action and instead lighting their eyes when they are hit. I'm also contemplating the addition of the original Saved By The Spell kickback mech. Working around the ROM will require some controller hackery, but I have the design worked out already.

2 weeks later
#3336 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So im almost done with my creature mod and will be ready to ship soon, so ive been thinking on scared stiff. The skull pile does little for me. What do you guys think of a like 7" monitor with a 3d printed tv like whats on the backglass that interacts with the game. Displays the mode your in, clips from the movie, her show, displays new custom dead head clips etc.displays tv static when you drain etc. My board will work with this as well. Of course you will have to remove your skull pile as thats the ideal mounting spot.

I like it. I'm also working on a custom piece for that(with no intention of making it for others). In my case, I bought some little halloween skulls with moveable jaws, and I'm using them to make a vacuum molded toy that has flashing eye lights and moves the jaws with little servo motors.

2 months later
#3365 4 years ago

Anyone have a spare set of the backbox plastics? I just noticed that PP is out when I went to grab the blue caps.
Also, I have a spare coffin mech, if someone is interested in a trade or buy.

2 weeks later
#3381 4 years ago

Did anyone else get the repo backbox plastics and think that they were too dark? On the set I'm seeing, a lot of the features are just blacked out, like the slats in the bed post.

1 month later
#3477 4 years ago

If I posted this before, I apologize. Does anyone have a coffin diverter or plastic trough they might put up for sale?

4 months later
#3592 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

anybody know where to get the full flipper assemblies for this game. what's factory coil that comes on each?

Pinballlife.com
You can get them preassembled.

#3594 4 years ago

29s.

3 weeks later
#3604 3 years ago
Quoted from Evangelist:

I am recording the swap and will post it on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/c/PinballEvangelist) in the coming weeks if any one is interested.

I am very interested. If you happen to have the time and inclination, is there a chance that you could sketch the contour of the plastic coffin trough on a piece of paper, scan it and share it? It's one piece that I can't seem to get measurements for, and they never seem to come up for sale.

Quoted from Evangelist:

I wanted to replace all the LED's to be consistent and wanted to know if anyone had the component spec's so I can just buy them from an electronics store like RS Componenets or Element 14.

Through Hole Red 700nm 15mcd T-3mm Water Clear
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5671-09019-00

Quoted from Evangelist:

Any thoughts on if which colour LED to go for I have seen most are Red but some green and some blue out there... Thoughts?

Red seems to go well with the theme(scary red eyes in the darkness) for me, but green might be interesting. Not sure about blue. I have thought about recreating the board with multicolor LEDs....

#3606 3 years ago
Quoted from Evangelist:

Sure happy to help, I am not sure what you want traced/measured are you after... are you after the lif of the coffin??

On the underside of the playfield is a clear plastic trough that runs between the coffin diverter under the boney beast ramp and connects it to the coffin mechanism. I can't find any dimensions for it.
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 9.21.43 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2020-04-30 at 9.21.43 AM (resized).jpg

#3608 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

How are you going to make your own subway? Why just not buy one (havent checked if it is available).

If I found one for sale, I would. As it is, there are a few options:
1) Design and 3d print one. Doesn't have to be pretty.
2) 3d print a form and vacuum mold one. This is my likely option.
3) Cut down another ramp to fit. Several people have done this, and I have a few possible donor ramp parts.

I could mock something up that generally fits the profile, but I would prefer to get it as close as possible to the original.
Thanks!

#3615 3 years ago
Quoted from Evangelist:

Here you go. This is a scan of A-21254 Under Playfield Trough / Subway let me know if this is enough detail...

Oh, that was more detail than I was hoping for! Thanks!

#3630 3 years ago
20200504_132939 (resized).jpg20200504_132939 (resized).jpg
#3631 3 years ago

In case someone wanted to know what a freshly cut set of Scared Stiff guides looks like...

20200502_140803 (resized).jpg20200502_140803 (resized).jpg20200504_132939 (resized).jpg20200504_132939 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3655 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'll be listing a couple things soon. DMD screen, etc....

Listing on pinside or ebay?

#3657 3 years ago

Danke, sir!

3 months later
#3676 3 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Do I need non-ghosting LED for ALL lamps on the PF since GI is controlled as well?

I don't think so. If I recall, the controlled GI is via relay, so they get constant voltage otherwise. As such, it shouldn't require non-ghosting. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

#3680 3 years ago

I couldn't find one, so I had to make a coffin diverter. You can have the blades cut from a dwg file that is floating around the "WPC from scratch" groups. I had some of the shafts made. This is a basically unobtainable part, so if you want one of the left over shafts, pm me quick. Only two available at this moment. $25 shipped in the US.

20201016_163117 (resized).jpg20201016_163117 (resized).jpg20201016_195005 (resized).jpg20201016_195005 (resized).jpg20201016_195010 (resized).jpg20201016_195010 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3684 3 years ago

I'm doing something similar, but I'm doing a silicone mold to make thicker epoxy slings for myself. It will be my project once my new SS comes home.

#3689 3 years ago

I got into pinball 20+ years ago, when my wife decided that she was tired of bowling and wanted to play some pinball in the arcade of the student union. Scared Stiff was the beast that got our quarters, and I was hooked. Took a small hit on my GPA.
Fast forward to last night. I've had other games, but the grail pin had evaded me. I was busy building one from scratch when this one showed up on the radar. Now, I have most of a SS, and a full game. The BSD was just icing on the cake.
So, while I've been floating around here forever, I'm officially in the club now! I'll post some more pics once I get my projects out of the way and get her set up.

20201105_195747 (resized).jpg20201105_195747 (resized).jpg
#3690 3 years ago

In the lineup. Lots of stuff to clean and replace. Contemplating a playfield swap.

20201106_174302 (resized).jpg20201106_174302 (resized).jpg
#3695 3 years ago

My SS is currently running rom v1.2. Is it worth going to 1.5? On a WPC, is this just a single chip swap, or do I need to do anything else?

#3699 3 years ago
Quoted from waveman:

Looks like upgrading from 1.2 to 1.5 includes a lot of fixes and improvements.

Right. Is it just a ROM swap?

3 weeks later
#3719 3 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

3D print files and my journey so far is here:

Looks great! Nice work!

1 week later
#3724 3 years ago

I had a completely non functional spider. I replaced the board today, and it worked. Yay! Then, it was off, pointing at the wrong things. I tightened down the spider some more, and it seemed to work again. Yay! So, I was testing it with the glass off, and after about 4 or 5, it quit working and started to use the moving lights. I tried to spin it by hand, and it worked. I ran the test, and it would spin as long as I wanted. But, in a game, it consistently only gives me a few spider spins before failing.
My thoughts are:
1) I replaced this board with a spare I had from a Jokerz. It could have problems, as well.
2) The motor could be bad.

Thoughts? Does one sound more likely than the other.

#3726 3 years ago

Used to be on ebay a lot, I think. Haven't noticed one in a while. Too bad, since I need one myself. Maybe I'll have an artist come up with something cool.

#3727 3 years ago

So, I guess if you aren't hammering the spider while testing, it never messes up.

#3733 3 years ago

I know it's a long shot, but did anyone sock away a wiring harness that they might want to sell?

#3734 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Anybody happen to have an extra layin around ?

I may have one(I'll have to dig around for a while to find out), but it looks like a pretty simple one to recreate with this method:

Since there are so few completely visible plastics on SS, I've contemplated creating a new set with more exciting artwork than just the electrical arcing. I'll have to play with it some to decide if it's a good idea.

2 months later
#3768 3 years ago

EDIT: Wrong thread

#3770 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Did you mean for this to be in the BSD thread?

*sigh* Yup, I did. It's been that kind of morning.

#3775 3 years ago

What color is the marker you used?

#3789 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

My new minor problem is that the shooting rod catches the auto plunger slightly. Not sure how I can adjust this? Everything seems to work fine otherwise, should I really even worry about it?

I adjusted the shooter rod on a SS. I don't think I had to play with the auto plunger in that case. I just loosened up the mount screws and centered it. I don't recall doing anything else, but it's been a while.

1 week later
#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

It kind of drifts maybe 2 items before it stops once the flippers are pushed.

As far as I can tell, that is normal. On every game I've ever played with a working spider, you time it a little less than 2 items ahead, mine included.

Now, mine will occasionally hang, kill the current spider spin without an award and switch to the lights. It comes back online if you just shut down the machine for a bit. I suspect the stepper motor is gunked up and needs to be replaced or disassembled. It could also be a cold joint on the connector. I'll deal with that when I do the cab and playfield swap.

Quoted from Don44:

It does stop when I press the flippers just not in the right

Does it award you the right thing when it stops? For example, if you manage to stop it on the crate, does it award the crate?

I would pull the spider arrow off of the stepper and look at the diverter. Is it broken and not blocking the optos? If it is, are the optos working? Could you have a flaky opto board or connector? Check the solder job and see if you have a cold joint. There is an aftermarket board and stepper available.

#3802 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

It does not give me the award its pointing at but the one that lites up.

Ok, so the next question: is it consistent? Does it award the same wrong award when stopping at the same place, or is the spider arrow drifting?
If not, then I would look at the opto blocker, and then the opto board. If the lip is broken, it could be activating early or late.
If that looks good, look at the board. Specifically the opto. Finally, if the stepper is messed up, it could be dragging or something. But I would expect to see the arrow drifting in comparison to what is actually awarded if it was a stepper issue.
I suppose that someone could have replaced the stepper with a motor with the wrong step angle, but I would expect the board to error out after a spin or two, since the opto blocking point would change in relationship to the expected number of steps.

#3805 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

but I realized that my spider spins counter clockwise instead of clockwise.

Ah! The crucial bit of missing data! Glad to hear it is working!

#3807 3 years ago

If it only happens when "cold," i would look at the solder points on the opto boards of the trough assembly first. If you can, swap them out for a while.

#3809 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

It appears to go into crate multi ball right away if you hit the crate on the skill shot.

What version of the ROM are you running?

#3811 3 years ago

Hmm. The only thing I can think is that the crate switch is registering a lot of hits and then kicking off a multiball. But it would need at least two switches to be going nuts, right? The magnetic one in front of the crate and the one inside the crate?

#3813 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

o I flipped the connector that plugs into the opto board and that corrected my problem of the spider spinning counter clockwise

Interesting coincidence. I replaced the batteries this morning, and reset everything. When I played a test game, on one spider spin, it went backwards and stopped on the wrong place(though, I suspect if I counted the steps, it would have been correct for the clockwise number of steps). Never seen this behavior, and it seemed to be fine before and after this spin.

#3815 3 years ago

I've seen it spin backwards on a power up test once, too.
I ended up turning it off for now.

4 weeks later
#3826 3 years ago

Use acrylic glue, not super glue. It welds the pieces back together. Seems to work great.

1 week later
#3829 2 years ago

OK, this should be easy, but it's not. When I got my SS, it had no coffin door. I bought a door, the door cover, a hinge and the spring. Put it together like I think it would go. But that thing is too tight to move.
So, what is the proper orientation of the spring? Is there any trick to getting it out together and be loose on the hinge?

20210423_212452 (resized).jpg20210423_212452 (resized).jpg
#3830 2 years ago

Also, while I'm at it, is the cover usually screwed in or riveted in to the metal backing?

#3832 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Is there any trick to getting it out together and be loose on the hinge?

An update. I smoothed out the tabs on the coffin mech with a file, then bent them in slightly. Works like a charm now.

#3837 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Does anyone know where this metal bar part goes? I took a picture of it where I found it on the playfield (approximately).

Is it the shaft from this piece?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10419.1

#3840 2 years ago

There's a dude with a project SS that keeps popping up in NY for 2.5k. I finally emailed. No mechs, no boards. Not worth the shipping for me, but maybe someone local wants to put one together.

4 months later
#3890 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Ok so I’m thinking this is a 25v capacitor on a board up by the skull pile possibly.

Well, it's definitely a 25v cap, but as to where it came from...? I don't think that there is a cap on the skull. Did someone perhaps unsolder this from something a while back and it fell into the playfield and was wedged until today? Do you have any mods?

4 months later
#3939 2 years ago

I'm still searching for a Scared Stiff wiring harness. Missed one on ebay last year and I've spent the time since kicking myself.

4 weeks later
#3951 2 years ago

A friend gave me this.

20220214_175750 (resized).jpg20220214_175750 (resized).jpg
#3953 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Yep, a "friend" bought it

It's nice though.

The friend in question is on pinside, so maybe he'll chime in

1 week later
#3957 2 years ago

I'm looking at swapping my existing playfield with some wear with this one. I'll be adding cliffys and some touch ups around the holes.

20220208_120845 (resized).jpg20220208_120845 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3963 2 years ago

I'd love to try it, too.

9 months later
#4008 1 year ago

My spider is also hit or miss. The problem is, when it fails, it fails during a spider spin, and instead of flipping to the lit inserts automatically, it ends the spider spin and kicks the ball out. So, a player will immediately lose one spider spin, which can be a PITA if you have a tight game going. So, I turned it off until I have time to rebuild the whole machine. Then, I'll work on debugging it.
Just about to start working on the cabinet. I have a spare Creature cab and head that will get sanded down for new SS decals. Then, I'll work on the playfield swap.

1 month later
#4048 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardHurtz:

Was playing in league format today and all tales were lit except for Coffin. I locked the third ball and never got the multiball... it went straight to "shoot the crate" to get scared stiff.

Yeah, I've seen this bug and reported it to Soren as a possible fix. I think it's a race condition that can happen when the last tale is a multiball. I've seen it happen with crate on mine.

4 months later
#4149 10 months ago

Anyone happen to have a spare of this plastic that they would let go?

20230615_101324 (resized).jpg20230615_101324 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4151 9 months ago

Playfield swap is almost done.

20230624_211955 (resized).jpg20230624_211955 (resized).jpg
#4152 9 months ago

I know that animation exists for some of the extra deadheads. Did they record callouts for those by any chance?

2 months later
#4194 6 months ago
Quoted from A1k71:

I'm looking for real machine pin2dmd file for Scared Stiff.
File format pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq
The ones I have are the one in pictures (please check dimensions and date of creation).
Want to be sure are the latest ones
If you can help I will really appreciated
Thank you in advance[quoted image]

I haven't had any luck finding the set that used to be up on the web. I would love to work on one.

1 week later
#4196 6 months ago

Been fighting wicked airbags on the bat ramp since I put new ones on. Decided to try out a cover. The cardboard prototype is working 100% for me so far. Going to cut it out of clear plastic and think about a nicer way to connect it than 2 zip ties.

20231001_162412 (resized).jpg20231001_162412 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 249.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 49.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 37.00
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 38.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.