New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29319)

SCARED STIFF Club...Members Only

By spfxted

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,680 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by ThatOneDude
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201016_163117 (resized).jpg
20201016_195005 (resized).jpg
20201016_195010 (resized).jpg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
20200722_192834 (resized).jpg
7947A0CE-ECB5-43E3-9DBB-A7DDBB38FAED (resized).jpeg
20200701_165150 (resized).jpg
20200701_165145 (resized).jpg
20200701_165135 (resized).jpg
IMG-1240 (resized).jpg
IMG-1239 (resized).jpg
IMG-1238 (resized).jpg
IMG-7269 (resized).JPG
IMG-7268 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago

Ive owned ss for years and achieved spider mb....so mostly my non pinhead neighbors play it....therefore it stays on factory default settings

1 week later
#132 7 years ago

Just went through removal and errors on mine. It's a pain. The spider is held on by a zip tie if you want to remove it. The pointer is held with a small set screw on the back side of the translite. You have to take one of the adjacent light boards off to get an allen wrench from the side to remove. Then pull off the pointer from the front. Remove the four screws from the back and the opto board pops off.

My issue turned out to be the connector at the MPU. There's a plug with a single wire in it below the normal switch matrix plug that has this opto on it. Mine wasn't seated well.

To test the opto before yanking it, go into test mode and spider test. It will rotate the spider and show you encoder counts of the motor and the state of the opto. If the encoder counts up then your motor and connectors are good. If you see it count up and then don't see the opto change state, it's the opto or connector. Play around with both ends of the connector (spider board and MPU) before yanking it.

#137 7 years ago

If any 'club' members have a pair of boney flippers they could part with, I need some. The deal I had for a pair vanished.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from Rody:

Rob,
I just purchased a pair on Ebay for 35 bucks, he has advised he has more and will be listing them. Arrived in two days, perfect shape.
cheers,
rody

rody....thanks....could you PM the ebay link to the completed auction? Or the seller's info?

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I bought an extra pair from Gene Cunningham during Expo last month. He should have more. I think he also sells the glow in the dark boney ramp bones. Check or call IPB: http://www.illinoispinball.com

Thanks....I had heard that he had some and contacted IPB, but alas they never returned my correspondence. As of now, a kind member of pinside had an extra set that's on its way

6 years later
#3182 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Not much. A sound or two is all mine seems to do.

Are you sure? Seems my right inlane lights or at least verbalizes shoot the deadheads.

#3183 1 year ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

If you light the Extra Ball lamp in that top center lane and then shoot that lane into the Deadheads, you do not get the extra ball right away, it's not like some instant two-ball multiball. When you drain the current ball, Elvira will say, "Ooooo, shoot again!", and the machine will auto-launch the extra ball.
There are a number of ways that you can light the EB lamp, shoot the right ramp eight times, and some more that I forget right now, I'm sure that others will chime in and refresh my memory.

I've noticed on mine, that I'm not awarded the EB until the ball goes through one of the deadhead lanes. Is that by design or is that a failsafe due to a bad EB rollover switch? I had a test error on the EB switch, readjusted the switch to make with ball, but still notice this behavior, so not sure if the switch is still not making intermittently.

#3184 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone pondering a restore and need parts?
I have the full monty, but sold the game...
- Mirco PF
- PPS Plastic Set
- PPS Cabinet Decal Set
- Mantis Lock Down receiver
- NOS Boney Flipper Bats
I'm in the DC area if anyone would want a good deal local.

Any slings? Is anyone making re-pro's of the slings anymore? I have a set and not sure who made them, but they're pretty cheesy compared to NOS. The colors are too bright and there's no black outlines in the feet.

1 month later
#3239 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Nicely done. My frogs have this craziness in place.
[quoted image]

Someone got tired of them hitting the glass

3 weeks later
#3272 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Congrats! I have had my game since 06. Still love playing it. I am just now finding out that you can combine certain items on the Spider Wheel with Jackpots and Skill Shots to get special bonuses like Extra Ball and a Super Skill Shot. You would think that after 13 years I would have see/done it all with this title but that is not the case with me.

Same here...bought mine in 06, and just this weekend started playing it more...forgot how fun it is. There are lots of hidden bonuses. I always chuckle when people talk about how easy the "wizard" mode of scared stiff is easy to obtain. Then I ask them of they've achieved spider multiball....crickets. Thats the real wizard mode and very difficult to achieve.

6 months later
#3417 1 year ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I'm guessing here, but it looks a bit like the signature on the right hand side might be Roger Sharpe. I don't recognize the bottom signature.

I think you're right on Roger Sharpe

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/40th-anniversary-he-called-the-shot-painting-w-roger-sharpe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 67.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
La Grange Park, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.95
Playfield - Other
MicksPinball
$ 11.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Islip, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
$ 16.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside