909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2805 6 years ago

Looking for a replacement for the large plastic shown in the pic for underneath the coffin. I'm hoping someone perhaps has an extra from parting out a full plastic set. Please PM if you have one that I could buy.

Thanks

IMG_20180327_125817 (resized).jpgIMG_20180327_125817 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2859 6 years ago

I'm hoping for a bit of expertise to tackle an issue with the balls not always ejecting properly from the coffin. Weirdly enough, the problem only seems to be with the last ball and occurs either when I get the 3 lock multiball or the machine is trying to clear multiple balls from the coffin after the game has ended. The ball shoots up but doesn't usually make it out of the coffin...its close though. The first few balls have no issue. I found the following service bulletin and was curious if anyone has encountered this issue and how they've fixed it. Would love a pic or two as that is always really helpful. Here's the service bulletin:

"If the game clears multiple balls but has trouble with the last ball, the eject plunger and coil need to be aligned with the tube leading upwards in to the coffin, most often this is solved by adding a thin washer between the top coil mounting bracket part# 01-9794 and the popper assy. weldment part# 04-10349, alternately the washer can be added to the lower coil mounting bracket to move the plunger the other direction if necessary"

Thanks in advance for your help!

#2861 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm hoping for a bit of expertise to tackle an issue with the balls not always ejecting properly from the coffin. Weirdly enough, the problem only seems to be with the last ball and occurs either when I get the 3 lock multiball or the machine is trying to clear multiple balls from the coffin after the game has ended. The ball shoots up but doesn't usually make it out of the coffin...its close though. The first few balls have no issue. I found the following service bulletin and was curious if anyone has encountered this issue and how they've fixed it. Would love a pic or two as that is always really helpful. Here's the service bulletin:
"If the game clears multiple balls but has trouble with the last ball, the eject plunger and coil need to be aligned with the tube leading upwards in to the coffin, most often this is solved by adding a thin washer between the top coil mounting bracket part# 01-9794 and the popper assy. weldment part# 04-10349, alternately the washer can be added to the lower coil mounting bracket to move the plunger the other direction if necessary"
Thanks in advance for your help!

Tech help bump

#2864 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

did you attempt the bulletin and it didn't help or are you asking if anyone else has tried it to remedy the same issue?

I haven't attempted the bulletin's solution and wanted to see if anyone else has or if they implemented something different.

#2867 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I have done this but not to my SS. It’s a plunger to ball alignment issue. It will move the plunger to hit the ball so it will come out of the VUK smoothly
Take the glass off, set the test mode for the coffin vuk to operate toss a ball in and see how it is kicking it out then throw all three in the lock and watch them come out. Once you get the plunger aligned right the problem will disappear.

Really appreciate the advice. It's strange that the issues only impacts the last ball when multiple are ejected from the coffin. You'd think an alignment issue would impact any ball ejected from the coffin.

I'll get some small washers and implement the fix.

#2870 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I have done this but not to my SS. It’s a plunger to ball alignment issue. It will move the plunger to hit the ball so it will come out of the VUK smoothly
Take the glass off, set the test mode for the coffin vuk to operate toss a ball in and see how it is kicking it out then throw all three in the lock and watch them come out. Once you get the plunger aligned right the problem will disappear.

How did you go about getting the plunger properly aligned?

#2878 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

You have to shim the coil mount bracket with washers for the coffin vuk.

I actually shimmeed the two left most screws for the whole mech and the fix seems to be working. It's not the fix the service bulletin suggests, but it accomplishes the same thing and it works! The power of gravity for the win!

1 week later
#2929 5 years ago

I posted previously that I'm looking for the large plastic that goes underneath the coffin. I've asked around and, since no one has one to spare, I'm thinking of another strategy. If I purchase this plastic set from ebay for $80 and just take the one plastic that I need, would someone want to purchase the remaining 12 pieces for $55 plus shipping? The link to the set is below. Please PM if you're in

ebay.com link: NOS Bally Scared Stiff Pinball Machine 13 Piece Plastic Set Free Shipping New

#2931 5 years ago

Put a wanted ad out there to find this plastic. I've included the pic from the ad which details the piece I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “I'm looking for the larger plastic that goes underneath the coffin. Mine is cracked and I'd love to find a great condition or new replacement. The specific plastic is shown in th...”
2018-05-14
Vienna, VA
Wanted
Archived after: 118 days
Viewed: 48 times

GS-SS31-2579-SETL (resized).jpgGS-SS31-2579-SETL (resized).jpg

#2932 5 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Put a wanted ad out there to find this plastic. I've included the pic from the ad which details the piece I'm looking for.
Thanks!

For anyone like myself who is looking for this plastic, I've good good news. Marco has it back in stock! I just installed it and now I can 100% say that my machine has zero cracked / broken plastics!

Parts - Wanted
Scared Stiff plastic that goes underneath the coffinWanted! “I'm looking for the larger plastic that goes underneath the coffin. Mine is cracked and I'd love to find a great condition or new replacement. The specific plastic is shown in th...”

Wanted
Edit ad detailsEnd ad listing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 249.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 38.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 38.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.