909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loren3233.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#495 11 years ago

Any members in this thread thinking about selling their Scared Stiff pinball? Don't laugh, it doesn't hurt to ask.

1 week later
#585 11 years ago

Need some input from some of you SS members.
I am looking at one that is in decent condition, basically a players game. Cabinet looks great, playfield definitely not great. Look at the pics below and tell me what you all think. I know the playfield will need to be repaired (the worst area is where the word "Terrifying" was touched up, and the touch up was lousy). I know these pins are hard to find right now and wanted to get opinions on what would be the going rate for one in this condition. Being told by seller that game plays fine.
Help me out guys and I may join the club soon....Thanks

DSC_0514.JPGDSC_0514.JPG DSC_0512.JPGDSC_0512.JPG DSC_0518.JPGDSC_0518.JPG SS1.jpgSS1.jpg SS4.jpgSS4.jpg SS6.jpgSS6.jpg

#587 11 years ago

Thank you NimblePin for the feedback. I do have a few more pictures that were sent to me but I didn't want to overload the SS members site with a bunch of pictures (I can send more if it is fine with the group). I wonder what the chances of one selling at CAX, seems like you can't find many of these right now.

I have been told that it all works fine. I sent an email tonight asking if it has any mods, leds, hacks on boards, cracked ramps, spider wheel working properly, etc. and waiting to hear back (probably tomorrow). He originally wanted $5500 for it. I emailed him and offered $4800 and the lowest he said he would go is $5000, so that is where it is at right now. On top of that I would have to pay the paypal cost approx $145 and shipping so I am looking at $5500 for it. That is why I am here asking the ones that actually have the game and can give me good advice.
I will post back more when I hear back from seller.....Thanks Again

#593 11 years ago

Yep bigdaddy07 that is what I figured....as soon as I pull the trigger then I will find one in better shape a month or two from now.

Hey Ted, you mentioned Ebay...don't they take a cut from the seller if we do it on Ebay and wouldn't it have to go to auction?

NimblePin mentioned the decal for the Terrifying area which isn't such a bad idea then place mylar over the decal...it would look much better for sure. I know the Cliffy's would work well over the kickouts to cover the small amount of damage around the holes.

Haven't heard back from seller today but he has been good at getting back to me so I should hear back sometime this afternoon or this evening.

Here are a few more photos....like I said Cab looks great.

SS5.jpgSS5.jpg SS3.jpgSS3.jpg SS2.jpgSS2.jpg

#598 11 years ago

Hey Ted...waiting to hear back on mods and a few other questions about ramps/hacks and such as soon as I hear back I will post what I hear.

Also here are a few more playfield pics....

DSC_0513.JPGDSC_0513.JPG DSC_0515.JPGDSC_0515.JPG DSC_0516.JPGDSC_0516.JPG

#599 11 years ago

New to this title....what exactly is the back box insert on this game? My guess the plastic part that is against the glass but is separate from the spinning spider (basically the part the encompasses the spider in the backglass?

#602 11 years ago

OK cool....I will ask him a few more questions....if you think of anything else let me know.

Again, THANK YOU all for the help.

#607 11 years ago

Hey Guys....decided to hold off (For Now) on the SS I was looking at....didn't like the amount of damage on the kickout on the playfield and it just didn't seem to be lining up with the seller (Not answering all questions and I had a bad gut feeling so the search will continue for now.

I want to thank everyone for the input on the machine.

2 weeks later
#640 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think if the only issues are the spider hole wear (typical and is covered by a cliffy) and the mylar wear at the crate (typical and the mylar can be removed), given that the cabinet looks really good, I would say 5k is not that bad. I would ask him about the back box insert as well. They are often cracked and cannot be found in anywhere our solar system. If its damaged, you could use that info to knock off a hundred or two.

Bigdaddy....This is the back box insert you speak of correct?
I found another SS (this one in Georgia) that I have been trying to get and I asked about the back box insert and this is what was sent. Looks broke to me, thanks for pointing that out.
Yet, another one I will have to pass on.

5 months later
#914 10 years ago

I finally got a Stiffy!

Normal wear around the holes and just a bit of fade on left side (need to get Cliffy's). Best part it was a 40 minute drive and here I thought I was going to have to pay for shipping to get one of these. Patience paid off for once.IMG_3817.JPGIMG_3817.JPGIMG_3818.JPGIMG_3818.JPGIMG_3819.JPGIMG_3819.JPG

#916 10 years ago

Hey Ted,

Just the mylar was worn through but paint is all there. I am tempted to pull all the mylar off of the game but that wouldn't happen for some time. Want to play it for a while.

1 year later
#1622 9 years ago

I posted this yesterday and thought it would fit in nice here as well. It might help someone out looking to repair an issue with a spider motor.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-spider-motor-repair#post-2057503

1 year later
#1985 8 years ago

Anyone install the new Spider Plastic to the back box light board? I plan on applying mine new one soon and wanted to know if anyone has applied one and what they used to apply it? Glue, double sided tape, etc etc.
Originally they were glued on but what a pain to get removed from the board.

Thanks for any ideas for application.

#1988 8 years ago

Hey Amendes..."New Spider Plastic"... It is the flat panel plastic that attaches to the swinging board inside the back box, the swinging board with GI lighting and some flashers attached. The arm from the spider motor goes through the middle of it and many of the original plastics are are cracked. Make sense?

#1990 8 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

I have replaced mine. You need to use 3M 77 spray on. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Adhesives/Tapes/Products/~/3M-Super-77-CA-Multi-Purpose-Spray-Adhesive-Low-VOC-25-Clear-Net-Wt-18-0-oz-12-per-case?N=5396314+4294874862&rt=rud
Ensure you have clamps for the corners and put some books on the top to keep it down. It works great.

Cool....Thanks. I just sanded my board down yesterday and am ready to install today. Will give it a shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 249.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 37.00
£ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loren3233.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=loren3233 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.